Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Vigilante's doing pretty well isn't it? I suppose a spin-off of something already popular doing decently isn't as much of an accomplishment but still, it's a lot better than the failures everyone else turned out to be.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I remember really wanting Jump VS and being mad when I couldn't get it. Then I finally did get it and still haven't read anything other than I think Stealth Symphony, magico author's oneshot, and Iron Knight.
I'm still not sure if I should he more disappointed by the magazine itself or the (lack of) stuff that came out of it, literally everything was either a letdown, failure, both, or just shoved in the closet to die.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Genki Ono (Fulldrive) was 17 when he participated in the newcomers treasure award in 2011
which means he's 23 now
so that's young for you
I think it's a mix of nostalgia and shitposting. Sorry XD It's just that when I look at the 2001 team, the "lead authors" were still in their twenties:
One Piece - 26
Naruto - 26
Takeshi - 26
Shaman King - 29
Bleach - 24
Black Cat - 21
Rising Impact - 24
Bobobo-bo - 24
Jaguar - 27
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Naoki Iwamoto and Komi Naoshi are my only hopes right now. I know that none of them will disappoint me with an extremely ecchi manga like Miura Tadahiro and they will make something I will be fond of.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I'm excited to see what Golem Hearts will bring to the table, but at the same time I'm not expecting a success. Even if he's revised the one-shot multiple times, he's still a rookie. We'll just have to see how it goes. Sucks that it's the last of the new serializations this round.
I also reread the one-shot a few days ago, so I'm all ready to compare and contrast and nitpick. :derp
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Or just be positive instead of Negative
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Or just be positive instead of Negative
He says that he has no expectation, which means he is neutral. I'm also neutral, I've never read anything from him after all, why should I expect anything?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm excited for it because I really want a new adventure series, and I like the concept and designs of the series.
It also has a lot of potential for merchandising with the Golems.

But I the same time I don't want to get too excited because new series are more likely to get axed than successful
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I found a behind the scenes look at the black clover anime on a show called Jumpolice that features an inter view with the va for Asta(Gakuto Yoshihara) and Yuno(Nobunaga Shimazaki) along with the director Tatsuya Yoshihara . It also has a segment featuring Hinomaru Zumo. I don't know how popular this show is but I am curious to see if it has an impact on both Black Clover and Zumo
 
Last edited:

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
same as his twitter handle

anyway, your user name reminded me, the second part of Togashi's oneshot is coming in October

the first part was all set up so I'm looking forward to the actual gameplay
Thanks and I'm still here trying to read it lol. Someone translated it except the last 10 pages which is odd lol.

Have you noticed that Togashi has Yu Yu Hakusho Level E and Hunter x Hunter all involving games and now this. Plus him playing Dragon Quest.

Yeah i guess you can say he likes games haha
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Black Clover's 1 and 2 are back to TOP 500 Oricon. Of course this doesn't mean really great numbers, but that's a thing.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Two things I realized reading "We Never Learn" volumes:

1) The internal covers are so colorful! They generally are monochromatic and rather boring, but "We never learn" ones are so beautiful! *-*

2) The author on the comments looks full of energy and enthusiasm. I like authors like that. :D

It just adds up to my love for the series.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I still hope for a return of iwamoto Naoki, the guys of St&rs, the guy of Takamagahara and the author if UBS. Maybe I would love Galaxy gang being serialized, too
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Galaxy Gangs could have been a great world building manga with all the planets and stuff. I doubt it's going to get serialized though.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Seeing series like Nisekoi, Cross Account and WNL, I miss romances like I"s.
Less gimmick, more down-to-earth.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Flowers for Lonely Witch one-shot in Jump+ reminds me of Oima Yoshitoki if she knew her way around screentones.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Seeing series like Nisekoi, Cross Account and WNL, I miss romances like I"s.
Less gimmick, more down-to-earth.
There has to be some truth to that fact that the gimmicks used in recent stories originated from series like I"s. Whatever people liked when they were kids, and whatever the readers want to read, will be used and thrown together and you start getting Nisekois and the like. WNL has been rather enjoyable though. None of the girls have irritated me so far like the girls in Nisekoi did.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can you guys stop talking about Nisekoi like it is some kind of disease? Not that I really care, but it clearly doesn't deserve. XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top