Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not hyped for a single one of these.
Poodle won't get scanlated and doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy in the first place.
Can't believe Hinata with red hair actually got a serialization. Real artistic bankruptcy right here.
Golem Hearts could be okay but the MC design just looks like Meliodas with a paint brush.

Honestly kind of doubt any of these will survive. Which is fine by me, for cushions for Shuudan.
Why so negative?
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
After all of the discussion, I'm looking forward to reading the first chapter of Lycopene when it finally goes up on Viz's Jump Start free section
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Not hyped for a single one of these.
Poodle won't get scanlated and doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy in the first place.
Can't believe Hinata with red hair actually got a serialization. Real artistic bankruptcy right here.
Golem Hearts could be okay but the MC design just looks like Meliodas with a paint brush.

Honestly kind of doubt any of these will survive. Which is fine by me, for cushions for Shuudan.
well, Hinata is just a ginger Ren and Meliodas looks like Oz

however Ookiku Furikabutte and Pandora Hearts are very different from Haikyuu and NnT

so let's hope that's the same case here

but if I'm real honest, I want Ono to flop so he can do the battle manga he was meant to write
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder if there's even room for another success right now, the only successful series we know is due to end soon is Gintama. The only other big series that could end is Soma but there's been no news on it being in a final arc and while the current stuff does feel like a big climax, I get the impression it's a part 1 type thing and it'll continue to follow the gang into second year. Unlike standard sports series where the big end goal is winning a tournament and can be done in their first year, Soma to me feels like a series where the final goal is graduation. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Gag series can end at any time I suppose but Saiki ending is pretty unlikely with a s2 coming soon and Isobe's rankings probably don't really matter much.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Got this weird feelings Tomato Poodle will be the only one to survive but it'll sit at the bottom with barely any sales
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope tomato poodle survives looks very interesting I like the aesthetic of it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I wonder if there's even room for another success right now, the only successful series we know is due to end soon is Gintama..
I still believe Hinomaru will end

I mean why keep a school club manga around after the students graduated? what's the point? to see the mc reach his goal of course right?

so I believe that's what's going to happen now, the author will give us Ushio defeating yokozuna and then that will be the end
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I wonder if there's even room for another success right now, the only successful series we know is due to end soon is Gintama. The only other big series that could end is Soma but there's been no news on it being in a final arc and while the current stuff does feel like a big climax, I get the impression it's a part 1 type thing and it'll continue to follow the gang into second year. Unlike standard sports series where the big end goal is winning a tournament and can be done in their first year, Soma to me feels like a series where the final goal is graduation. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Gag series can end at any time I suppose but Saiki ending is pretty unlikely with a s2 coming soon and Isobe's rankings probably don't really matter much.
What do you mean by "room for another success"? The more series that succeed in the magazine, the better for Jump. There's no such thing as "we need this many successes in the magazine and no more". Its entirely possible that all three of these new series succeed. Tomatoy might attract a niche audience. We don't know too much about the other two as Golem Hearts could be entirely different from the oneshot. However, they might also succeed. It of course depends on what we consider to be a success. Gag series have different milestones compared to regular Battle series and sports series. We cannot make any judgement unless 2 volumes have also been released. Shudan has been in the bottom along with Cross Account however, there have been some reports that Cross Account has been selling out in some stores. Ideally, every series in Jump is/becomes a success.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
You guys think MHA Vigilante will receive an anime eventually?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You guys think MHA Vigilante will receive an anime eventually?
Probably only when HeroAca ends, I can only think of Naruto SD and Soul Eater Not oh and Assassination Classroom as the only mainstream manga that got spinoff series animated.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Magi's spin-off about Sinbad got a proper anime. There's also technically the Nisekoi magical girl thing but that was only half an episode from what I remember so it doesn't really count.

It would be pretty nice to see a Vigilante adaptation though it'll be a while until there's enough content for it. Perhaps if the MHA anime stays frequent and they start catching up we can see a Vigilante series.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Crunchyroll giving Black Clover a 3.1 after its debut episode. Next lowest among popular shows was Boruto at 3.8. In a way it's surprising cause this genre attracts the most viewers but it seems it'll take time before the west fanbase catches on to the series.



Main complaints have been dead on to what the main complaints have been on this thread and around: Asta's voice, voice acting, and/or voice actor is dragging down the anime for people. Ancient Magus' Bride, its biggest competition, debut episode has been nothing but praise from what I've seen. Deff an interesting anime season to follow.
"MY EARS HURT AND I HAVE A HEADACHE" comment was the best. When the fact that manga doesn't have sound becomes a plus. XD
Comparing to The Ancient Magus Bride, which is a awarded series and praised wherever you go, is not really fair.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Odd people praise an anime in which the femchar is in shackles and chained and sold at an auction and becomes a servant to a pervy wizard. Im shocked such an anime is being praised. Speaks volumes of the state of gender relations in the english speaking world.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Odd people praise an anime in which the femchar is in shackles and chained and sold at an auction and becomes a servant to a pervy wizard. Im shocked such an anime is being praised. Speaks volumes of the state of gender relations in the english speaking world.
So you'd be okay with it if she were a guy?

Also on the subject of spinoffs, there's a difference between gag stuff and actual canon stories, a lot of those do get animated. Boruto might even count.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So you'd be okay with it if she were a guy?

Also on the subject of spinoffs, there's a difference between gag stuff and actual canon stories, a lot of those do get animated. Boruto might even count.
Yes, we need more Males in distress type stories, which seem to be rare.

Though I was actually bored out of my mind with Magus Bride. I found BLack Clover to be far more magical.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's growing as a meme
I will report this video an offense to Bugatti Veyron. It deserves more respect. XD
Good luck to you guys resisting 12 episodes of this.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I will report this video an offense to Bugatti Veyron. It deserves more respect. XD
Good luck to you guys resisting 12 episodes of this.
Well the dub is an option.

I dropped it though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top