- Joined
- Aug 7, 2016
- Messages
- 5,296
- Reaction score
- 7,331
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
People are weird about popularity here in general, you still get people trying to call Black Clover an unpopular flop.
That's not the discussion, we know that TPN will probably be successful, although it depends on the animation quality. The discussion is that people are using rather vague measurements of popularity.I kinda expect TPN to be a hit when it's anime drops though, cause it's pretty highly praised by everyone who reads it, and has that shock value and twists to hook ppl.
I don't feel the same for Kimetsu no Yaiba though.
Just sliding my input in regardless.That's not the discussion, we know that TPB will probably be successful, although it depends on the animation quality. The discussion is that people are using rather vague measurements of popularity.
I dont think its unpopular but them sales dont match its rankings.People are weird about popularity here in general, you still get people trying to call Black Clover an unpopular flop.
Well, you said you don't buy mangas, I interpreted it as you don't buy manga at all. If you buy when it comes to your country, that's fine, I think. If you still find excuses after that... Well....Can't write Japanese, but Google translate should do.
I agree, it is not even that expensive, principally when they give a big discount sometimes. Last time I renewed the subscription I paid less than a hamburger at McDonald's.Honestly supporting Viz Weekly Shounen Jump is good enough venture if you can't afford volumes. Every small part to show your support is always good.
Based on what? Just curiousI think The Promised Neverland could likely overtake My Hero Academia in sales when the anime arrives.
Nothing in particular. Just a feeling.Based on what? Just curious
I feel you, its still pretty disappointing MHA never took off the way I wanted it to after its really strong start. Stuff like OP, Naruto and AssClass are pretty special cases. Though the sales and rankings it has right now are nothing to be disappointed at thinking about it again.Nothing in particular. Just a feeling.
I assume you're responding to me, but like I said I just threw my input. I expect it to do well because of what I stated. A good studio would help tremendously.People think that they can throw something in the discussion and people will just accept. XD
My Hero Academia is an action series and naturally has more appeal to the majority of the people who watches animes first to read the manga afterward. The Promised Neverland is more talk than action, so the animation will have to be particularly special, it will have to be something mystical and fantastic. For example a scene like this needs to have a impeccable animation to make a huge impact, more than in the manga.
![]()
I really like to use Hyouka as an example because it is mostly talking as well, but the animation transformed Chitanda Eri in a so mystical and fantastic human being that I bet is not the same feeling in the novels.
I'm not disappointed with it considering where the artist came from and how much the series has grown and continues to do so despite all odds, hell those articles about Kishimoto naming MHA the successor to Naruto are being brought up again after people scoffed at it last year and of course Viz recently announced its pushing releases at a faster rate next year which just goes to show how much of a good job BONES did with adapting it and getting the attention it deserves.I feel you, its still pretty disappointing MHA never took off the way I wanted it to after its really strong start. Stuff like OP, Naruto and AssClass are pretty special cases. Though the sales and rankings it has right now are nothing to be disappointed at thinking about it again.
I agree. 2 cancelled works to a really popular manga. Can't complainYeah they can't really half ass an anime adaptation of Neverland for it to appeal to the masses by I feel the only way its ever going to get the adaptation we want is if the director and staff are passionate enough about the source of material with a recent example Made in Abyss shows how far you can take an adaptation if you're passionate about it. Hell even the first season of Jojo, David Pro did not have the budget or animators but they were passionate about the source of material enough that they made up with what they lacked with stellar direction which breathed new life into the franchise and got new people into it.
I'm not disappointed with it considering where the artist came from and how much the series has grown and continues to do so despite all odds, hell those articles about Kishimoto naming MHA the successor to Naruto are being brought up again after people scoffed at it last year and of course Viz recently announced its pushing releases at a faster rate next year which just goes to show how much of a good job BONES did with adapting it and getting the attention it deserves.
"Impeccable animation" isnt the top priority at all. It's direction. Look at JoJo, part 1/2 (season 1) had subpar animation but was a success thanks to the clever directing. It captured the style of the series too and was all around well received. (thankfully animation improved with the second season)People think that they can throw something in the discussion and people will just accept. XD
My Hero Academia is an action series and naturally has more appeal to the majority of the people who watches animes first to read the manga afterward. The Promised Neverland is more talk than action, so the animation will have to be particularly special, it will have to be something mystical and fantastic. For example a scene like this needs to have a impeccable animation to make a huge impact, more than in the manga.
I really like to use Hyouka as an example because it is mostly talking as well, but the animation transformed Chitanda Eri in a so mystical and fantastic human being that I bet is not the same feeling in the novels.
Its also something to keep in mind that they may have to heavily censor images like this for a series to be on T.V. that's the issue that will arise with certain series more then others.People think that they can throw something in the discussion and people will just accept. XD
My Hero Academia is an action series and naturally has more appeal to the majority of the people who watches animes first to read the manga afterward. The Promised Neverland is more talk than action, so the animation will have to be particularly special, it will have to be something mystical and fantastic. For example a scene like this needs to have a impeccable animation to make a huge impact, more than in the manga.
![]()
I really like to use Hyouka as an example because it is mostly talking as well, but the animation transformed Chitanda Eri in a so mystical and fantastic human being that I bet is not the same feeling in the novels.
To answer you, I agree with @ChocoBar9 below.I feel you, its still pretty disappointing MHA never took off the way I wanted it to after its really strong start. Stuff like OP, Naruto and AssClass are pretty special cases. Though the sales and rankings it has right now are nothing to be disappointed at thinking about it again.
Bolded: This is why I'm fairly optimistic that MHA may still have a shot at breaking the 1M mark next season. Looking at MHA's sales, there's an overall increase (imo) in there since S2 started, and we still haven't even gotten to the good parts yet. The way I see it, if this is what an increase looks like in S2, imagine what it would look like when we get to that part.Yeah they can't really half ass an anime adaptation of Neverland for it to appeal to the masses by I feel the only way its ever going to get the adaptation we want is if the director and staff are passionate enough about the source of material with a recent example Made in Abyss shows how far you can take an adaptation if you're passionate about it. Hell even the first season of Jojo, David Pro did not have the budget or animators but they were passionate about the source of material enough that they made up with what they lacked with stellar direction which breathed new life into the franchise and got new people into it.
I'm not disappointed with it considering where the artist came from and how much the series has grown and continues to do so despite all odds, hell those articles about Kishimoto naming MHA the successor to Naruto are being brought up again after people scoffed at it last year and of course Viz recently announced its pushing releases at a faster rate next year which just goes to show how much of a good job BONES did with adapting it and getting the attention it deserves.
A-ha, finally we came to an agreement. XD Anyway, the series had a big boost before the anime, so the chances of going over 600k are bigger.People think that they can throw something in the discussion and people will just accept. XD
My Hero Academia is an action series and naturally has more appeal to the majority of the people who watches animes first to read the manga afterward. The Promised Neverland is more talk than action, so the animation will have to be particularly special, it will have to be something mystical and fantastic. For example a scene like this needs to have a impeccable animation to make a huge impact, more than in the manga.
![]()
I really like to use Hyouka as an example because it is mostly talking as well, but the animation transformed Chitanda Eri in a so mystical and fantastic human being that I bet is not the same feeling in the novels.
And let's remember that MiA is based on a manga similar to Neverland, with children in a cruel world full of monsters, and the possibilities are even bigger because it is made for an older audience, but even so the series only took off after episode 10. Of course, because it's a WSJ series, the Neverland treatment will be even more special, but in the end, nothing is 100% sure.Yeah they can't really half ass an anime adaptation of Neverland for it to appeal to the masses by I feel the only way its ever going to get the adaptation we want is if the director and staff are passionate enough about the source of material with a recent example Made in Abyss shows how far you can take an adaptation if you're passionate about it. Hell even the first season of Jojo, David Pro did not have the budget or animators but they were passionate about the source of material enough that they made up with what they lacked with stellar direction which breathed new life into the franchise and got new people into it.