Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can Black Clover have an anime boost even after 20-30 episodes?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My hero academia did have a decent amount of filler in its second season. For instance we never got to saw alot of the 1v1s in the Sports Festival and Exams, and the Endeavor scene vs the Noumu was anime original as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I read the one-shot of Golem Hearts. This shit's gonna be big, man. Feels like the early chapters of One Piece
exactly 20 years later. :oooh
One shot was exactly like when Luffy met Coby and helped him beat Alvida
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
A friend of mine was commenting on this situation on an anime reddit:
"You know, I at least give Pierrot and Toei credit for trying to put anime-original content. I may end up hating My Hero Academia because much like JoJo, it's a copy of the manga, which means: Villains don't get development, side characters don't get development, nothing gets development the way they should. Nothing changes because stupid fans and bullshit. I don't care about fans, Can any JoJo anime be called adaptation when they're just copies of the source material, and if I wanna read the same story I go to the manga and that's it? You want an actual adaptation? Shokugeki no Soma season 2 it's where it's at. It went to the point of the tournament without bogging it down by unnecessary build up. If it was all faithful adaptation, it would be a half-boring tournament. I like the loose adaptations the better. That's why I don't like modern anime, they're pointless copies of sources just to promote sources, that's why they never end"

And I tried to informing him about adpatations and all that, but I also wanted to see opinions from others in regards, but at the same time thought, how could he said that? Although I agree with him on Soma. I liked it better than Season 3 so far.
The thing about adaptations is that they can never really be copy/paste like you're complaining about. Anime already streamlines things because it's more concerned with actual pacing. It also gains a lot of texture from music and color. It's a whole different experience.

Soma however, despite the "airing with great reviews/reception!" announcement, really isn't growing from a volume sales viewpoint. While volume 26 is still within the weekly top 200 in Shoseki, the only other volume that's moving is Volume 25. You really wonder why a series with such a great start has plateaued and is even slowly declining and about to be overtaken by Neverland.
This is one of those situations where I imagine digital has a big effect. The only reasons I'd buy physical instead of digital is really for display or sharing. SnS may reached a point where 'collectors' have given up on filling their bookshelves but are still buying.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
A friend of mine was commenting on this situation on an anime reddit:
"You know, I at least give Pierrot and Toei credit for trying to put anime-original content. I may end up hating My Hero Academia because much like JoJo, it's a copy of the manga, which means: Villains don't get development, side characters don't get development, nothing gets development the way they should. Nothing changes because stupid fans and bullshit. I don't care about fans, Can any JoJo anime be called adaptation when they're just copies of the source material, and if I wanna read the same story I go to the manga and that's it? You want an actual adaptation? Shokugeki no Soma season 2 it's where it's at. It went to the point of the tournament without bogging it down by unnecessary build up. If it was all faithful adaptation, it would be a half-boring tournament. I like the loose adaptations the better. That's why I don't like modern anime, they're pointless copies of sources just to promote sources, that's why they never end"
And I tried to informing him about adpatations and all that, but I also wanted to see opinions from others in regards, but at the same time thought, how could he said that? Although I agree with him on Soma. I liked it better than Season 3 so far.
But...Shokugeki's anime is pretty much a copy of the manga's content too. There was original content added, but it was still less than MHA (I guess you just ignored its original episode in S2). And the buildup that was skipped was a big flaw of Shokugeki S2. Made the matches in the tournament less exciting than they should have been. No anime-original developments were added for existing characters like you wanted also.
The JoJo anime is an adaptation of the manga because the manga was modified for a new format (anime). That's the definition of an adaptation.
I guess you were agreeing with yourself on this then.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Can Black Clover have an anime boost even after 20-30 episodes?
│*69982 (3)│114309│------│------│------┃*,114,309 (*10)┃2014/10|World Trigger 8 ~ anime premiere
│153824 (7)│185799│******│211593│------┃*,361,399 (322)┃2015/01|World Trigger 9 ~ a very weak cour later

Toriko's took a while too.
│175851 (7)│216554│------│------│------┃*,437,565 (231)┃2011/04|Toriko 14 ~ anime premiere
│235017 (7)│283820│311498│------│------┃*,429,644 (140)┃2011/07|Toriko 15 ~ a cour later

No one watches a couple episodes and races to the bookstore. These things normally take seasons.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Did I not already explain how boosts happen?


No one watches a couple episodes and races to the bookstore. These things normally take seasons.
Big boost usually happen after some episodes, almost no one start watching Conan after 500 episodes and go buying older volumes, this is why Shokugeki backlog sales are not going up after the third season of the anime
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Big boost usually happen after some episodes, almost no one start watching Conan after 500 episodes and go buying older volumes, this is why Shokugeki backlog sales are not going up after the third season of the anime
Those types of boosts usually pop up around episode 7/8 depending on how long the season is set to go for. Though those types of boosts are often unreliable for a series in the long run, because if they happen to soon the series will start stagnating later on when it reaches a point where fans a kind of meh over or the series needs to take a break for some reason, usually when it catches up to the manga. The more reliable boosts are the smaller more often ones.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock

No one watches a couple episodes and races to the bookstore. These things normally take seasons.
That's usually what happens with these hyped anime. Heroaca, even with the split first chapter episodes, caused people to go to the bookstore soon after and backlog volumes showed up in the oricon top 50 almost immediately the following week. The anime began airing on April 3, a Sunday. The following week of April 4-10:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-13/japanese-comic-ranking-april-4-10/.101019
Volumes 1, 2 and 7 are back in the rankings.

This isn't to say that BC isn't getting a boost as it obviously is moving all backlog volumes into the top 150 area. We have to wait and see how much of a boost it got with Volume 14 from this first cour. Since its running for 4 cours, Volume 16 or 17 , maybe 18 should be the one where the full amount of growth will appear.

Those types of boosts usually pop up around episode 7/8 depending on how long the season is set to go for. Though those types of boosts are often unreliable for a series in the long run, because if they happen to soon the series will start stagnating later on when it reaches a point where fans a kind of meh over or the series needs to take a break for some reason, usually when it catches up to the manga. The more reliable boosts are the smaller more often ones.
There is no such thing as a "reliable" boost. There is nothing stopping people from not going to buy the next volume after they bought this current one. People can buy the initial volumes and stop reading after they see that it may not be what they wanted to read of they simply don't care to read or any other reason they might have. In the same way, the opposite is also true. There is no such "rule" that a smaller boost will make for more "stable" post anime sales. There is no difference between a boost that appears on Oricon and one that doesn't, though now we have a way to actually see the boost outside of oricon.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For me the one with the nun and the siscom is the worst, this one of the ice guy at least have fun fights.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
That arc is probably the worst in the series
I will agree. However, I still haven't been able to wash my mouth clean from the taste of those LN characters appearing out of nowhere later on.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
That arc is probably the worst in the series
Agreed, that arc was easily the worst in the series. Other than just simply the first volume or so.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I will agree. However, I still haven't been able to wash my mouth clean from the taste of those LN characters appearing out of nowhere later on.
I hope the anime adapts the light novels first, they need to. Throwing in those characters was so badly handled in the manga in my opinion.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If not that, then an Oda-like solution where he takes breaks once in a while would be suitable.
that's what his assistant the author of Saguri-chan on Jump Plus do, he takes a break every 4 weeks

Saguri-chan however have a double spread color pages in every single chapter, so it's understandable why he need breaks
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
That arc is probably the worst in the series
For me it's a good arc, I think one of the worst arcs is the Royal Capital Arc (chapter 22-36) or Introduction Arc (chapter 1-10).
Dungeon Arc and Royal Knights Arc (current arc) are my favorites.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
WF arc in my opinion is the worst arc of BC solely because that LN thing
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
If this pace is kept, it won't be too long to be at BC'c pre-anime level, which is around 20k to 30k away. It can probably match up by volume 10. BC however, seems to be having decent backlog sales but the new volume is still growing very slowly. There's a possibility that it won't show up for the 4th week looking around at the daily rankings of e-honne, bunkyodo, etc. This is honestly not a good thing as most series with new, hyped anime are able to last at least 5 weeks.

Soma however, despite the "airing with great reviews/reception!" announcement, really isn't growing from a volume sales viewpoint. While volume 26 is still within the weekly top 200 in Shoseki, the only other volume that's moving is Volume 25. You really wonder why a series with such a great start has plateaued and is even slowly declining and about to be overtaken by Neverland. I know the Azami saga might have been going on longer, probably too much, than it should have but its really struggling to even do 4 weeks on Oricon. You have to wonder whether the new editor will be able to kick things back in a direction such that sales might see some long needed growth. Despite being the 5th best selling series in the magazine, there is a 250k gap between it and Heroaca in the new volume sales in a month.
I hope Yaiba does surpass it before an anime arrives.

Does that have to do with it's timeslot or does the Japanese share the same views as us for the BC anime? (filler & Asta's annoying voice). Did anyone post BC TV ratings here yet? This may end up just being only 51 episodes if it stays this bad.

I never really liked Soma with Azami arcs and I noticed that too, Neverland is on a roll.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just remember reading the dungeon arc and laughing at how bad Tabata was developing the side characters and Asta. Luck gets talk no jutsu'd out of his childhood trauma, Mars barely says 10 words and yet we're supposed to care about his edgy backstory that's definitely not ripped off of Zabuzas, other characters barely do anything. Astas retarded power.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
That arc is probably the worst in the series
No, the worst arc is the one in the witch forest. Even if you exclude the light novel characters disaster it's still one of the worst battle shonen arcs ever written.
Asta's dead arms get healed in a matter of seconds, 3 maniacs who tried to kill Asta and his friends become part of his friends circle and are not just forgiven but they also get special healing blood magic as a present, Vanessa's magic spirit can manipulate fate and reality, Asta gets the demon powers inside his grimoire under control by screaming "NOT GIVING UP IS MY MAGIC" and lastly the Witch Queen who was presented as some kind of super magician gives up her plan to mind control Asta without a fight.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I still can't believe she has the power to manipulate fate. What in the shit? And people complain about Eri lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top