- Joined
- Mar 26, 2013
- Messages
- 1,706
- Reaction score
- 1,826
- Age
- 32
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Spring Weapon is probably being cancelled in february of 2018 along Cross Account.
Didn't it recently get a popularity poll for its one-year anniversary? I think it'll depend on how long it takes to get the results for that since it'd be a bit awkward to announce popularity poll results and then cancel it the next week.Spring Weapon is probably being cancelled in february of 2018 along Cross Account.
Well, I have found something that I didn't know I needed in my life until I saw it lolI finally remembered what Tomatoypoo no Lycopene reminds me of
that one really f**ked up Animal Crossing manga that Corocoro put out a couple of years ago
except that one was actually pretty funny
![]()
it's be a miracle for it to reach 350k at this point, or stay at 300k by next year.3
*86570 *261291 食 (Soma)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That's the individual print runs of various magazines of various publishers as of the last cour ending in September. Magazine had the biggest drop at around 80k if I recall correctly with Sunday and Jump not having any big drops though with Magi ending Sunday's future remains to be seen. Jump seems of have stabilized but the challenge is to now increase the print run though digital is supposedly growing so I'm not sure if they'll be successful.Not sure if this is a ranking in sales but:
Weekly Shonen Jump Shueisha 1,840,833
Weekly Shonen Magazine Kodansha 883,804
Colo comic Shogakukan 763,333
Weekly Young Jump Shueisha 534,167
Big Comic Original Shogakukan 500,000
Chao Shogakukan 446,667
Monthly Shonen Magazine Kodansha 408,110
Young Magazine Kodansha 386,542
Weekly Shonen Sunday Shogakukan 311,167
Big Comic Shogakukan 292,667
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The good news is that there does seem to be some recovery.it's be a miracle for it to reach 350k at this point, or stay at 300k by next year.
Such a shame. Though i know the series has lost its touch a while ago.
You make great points, but I actually didn't have trouble following the Hisoka/Chrollo fight. In terms of action I thought is flowed pretty and the insane mental gymnatics of it made it fun for me. I prefer to some of the action that has been going on in Hero Aca lately. Not sure what happened because it was easy to read when I started, but I found the Chisaki fight to just be a mess.snip snip
Wow, I knew WSJ obviously sold the most by a wide margin, but I never realized Weekly Shonen Sunday sold so much less than Young Jump and Weekly Shonen Magazine. Plus, there's a decent number that I haven't heard of before. Interesting infoNot sure if this is a ranking in sales but:
Weekly Shonen Jump Shueisha 1,840,833
Weekly Shonen Magazine Kodansha 883,804
Colo comic Shogakukan 763,333
Weekly Young Jump Shueisha 534,167
Big Comic Original Shogakukan 500,000
Chao Shogakukan 446,667
Monthly Shonen Magazine Kodansha 408,110
Young Magazine Kodansha 386,542
Weekly Shonen Sunday Shogakukan 311,167
Big Comic Shogakukan 292,667
It was the mental gymnastics that lost lots of people. Most people that read manga don't read it as carefully as the people on this or other forums. They read it more casually as the tankoubons themselves are cheap enough that an elementary school kid can buy one if they save up their allowance for a few weeks. With these casual readers, the Hisoka-Chrollo fight was incredibly hard to fully grasp mentally, though everything made perfect sense due to the structured planning. I saw lots of people pop into 5ch and the matome sites to clear up doubts on the fight. Some Japanese Youtubers made 40 min videos to explain the fight. Not everyone has the patience (or time) to write everything down and analyze what's happening every chapter. Even then I believe HxH is structured well enough to make you want to read the next chapter despite the walls of text. Its just that sometimes I wish the editors were able to edit down those walls of text into something more compact but then they may fear changing the meaning of some lines so they leave as is. It really does feel like putting newbie and young editors to a series like HxH is almost detrimental to their growth as well as the accessibility of HxH to new readers of Jump.You make great points, but I actually didn't have trouble following the Hisoka/Chrollo fight. In terms of action I thought is flowed pretty and the insane mental gymnatics of it made it fun for me. I prefer to some of the action that has been going on in Hero Aca lately. Not sure what happened because it was easy to read when I started, but I found the Chisaki fight to just be a mess.
Stop reading mangastream's scans.Same shit with their translations for HxH clogging up pages due to their incompetent translators while the Viz scans can be read through seamlessly. Didn't really see what was so hard to get about the Chisaki fight other than it was obviously that he didn't finish it (which was the same with the All Might vs AFO fight)You make great points, but I actually didn't have trouble following the Hisoka/Chrollo fight. In terms of action I thought is flowed pretty and the insane mental gymnatics of it made it fun for me. I prefer to some of the action that has been going on in Hero Aca lately. Not sure what happened because it was easy to read when I started, but I found the Chisaki fight to just be a mess.
Its okay to just admit he's lazy. A lot of people can't follow his fights is general because they're poorly drawn on top of having too much exposition.Action wise Togashi is in the vein that he'll, for the most part, only draw what's necessary to fully convey what's happening in the story. That was the reason Heroaca's recent fights have been messy. Horikoshi put too much detail into the panels along with a lot of screentone which made it difficult to fully make out what was going on in some fights. Horikoshi also decided to draw in flying debris further crowding the panels. This made the flow almost Tokyo Ghoul re levels of "hard to read" at times.
Especially when there are cooking mangas that are way better than it..... I can count at least 5 mangas that are better than it and actually does try to convey cooking as a narrative.Wow, that Soma drop in sales is real. I can't say I'm sad about this since I'm getting tired of western fans overpraising and it crowing as the king of food/cooking series.
One of the best examples of this is the Kurapica special chapter in which the last few pages are filled with long detail descriptions of the the massacre of his clan. Yes he does not draw it but describes it on paper like novel and calls it a day. I guess his back was acting up again.My problem with Togashi is that he is great with visual storytelling, but for some reason insists on filling the pages with explanatory text. It's a comic book not a thesis.