Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I missed a bit of news earlier.

Gintama is getting a second live action movie.

The first closed at $33,269,878. That makes it the 3rd highest grossing 2017 film in Japan, actually from Japan.
Gintama's franchise sales are going to be insane. I can't wait to see where it's going to be ranked.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Issue 52 Preview - Last Issue of 2017
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Full Drive needs to survive, chapter 4 brought the good content in both shower scenes and bed scenes. Every sports manga needs shower scenes.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States

Confirmed Yuragi anime is a TV anime. Main cast will be announced at Jump Festa. Perhaps staff will be announced in Jump earlier or later. We might see a PV too, not sure. Hopefully Niconico streams the stage this year. They streamed BC/TG/NPoT/TSE/Haikyu/Eidlive stages last year.
Kind of strange that Sanji's VA is not listed for the OP stage. Also Deku's VA isn't listed.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
So, Black Clover is going to air on Toonami, LMAO. The push is real, but I feel like it won't pay off.

Edit: Does anyone actually still watch Toonami, anyone from here that does? The block's ratings seem to be suffering a lot, but the block just got expanded, so it's hard to say how well it's doing... Meanwhile, I haven't used cable since 2012 xD.



https://www.reddit.com/r/Toonami/comments/7dnm1z/block_expanding_black_clover_picked_up/
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
The Adult Swim anime block has always suffered from lack of ratings. It's been a running joke on the network for more than a decade. Worst case scenario, Toonami starts running Family Guy re-runs.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Yeah, but after the big revival the block had the ratings were pretty damn solid. In the last few months, from what I can see, they've gone down drastically. Maybe things like these don't even matter any longer because of how television is changing and adapting to this new age of media consumption.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Different topic, Viz is going to hold their Industry Panel at AnimeNYC in about 10 minutes, it's the first time this convention is being held and it seems like they're trying to make the first edition of the event a big deal. Viz are sponsors for the event, so this is quite an important convention for them, at least I'd like to think that if they are one of the big sponsors. If we get any good license announcements for Jump related stuff, I'll let you know and if we get stuff related to other magazines, I'll also let you know.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Chapter 4 of Golem Hearts reminded me a lot of Zatch Bell. For now, the manga is interesting to me.
By the way, does anyone know where I can find the new chapters of RxL and Neverland?
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Black Clover on Toonami..? But why..?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BC being on Toonami is really not relevant to this thread, there's a BC anime thread for that.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Black Clover on Toonami..? But why..?
CR quite obviously want to force it down the American side's throat. They want it to take off, desperately I would say with how much they're promoting it as the new big shounen, I won't be surprised if they gave away the rights away to Toonami for such a cheap price that they couldn't refuse.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
BC being on Toonami is really not relevant to this thread, there's a BC anime thread for that.
It's news related to manga from WSJ, how is it not relevant, but OK if you say so.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of Black Clover. I tried the manga and got bored then I watched some of the sub and got bored and aggravated lol But now I've tried the dub and it's keeping me watching it lol I think it's good Black Clover is coming to Toonami because most dub watchers watch on there instead of on Funimation. It's your most average shounen anime EVER but I think it's good for Toonami. I just wish they had added it to Toonami's block a month ago so it could have the dub premieres. I'll still watch on Funimation but every once in a while if I really feel like it I'll turn on Toonami and let it play lol

On a side note Hunter x Hunter really needs to move up on the block.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So glad America continues to have excellent taste in mangas, One Piece booted off the block for continued greatness from Shippuden, HxH, and now, BLack Clover, Im glad it gets to air with my other fav shippuden.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ill never forget when people doubted me when I said BLack Clover would be as big as Naruto. It has and is happening.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, gets a physical release July 2018.

And the Juuni Taisen manga got licensed digitally. Super lackluster panel, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's news related to manga from WSJ, how is it not relevant, but OK if you say so.
Technically this thread is supposed to be about the magazine itself, it gets off topic all the time but talking about where a dub of an anime of one series in it is going to air is just way too specific in my opinion, especially when there's another thread about literally that. Not that big a deal, just felt obligated to at least mention it.

That was pretty lame for ANYC licensing announcements though, glad I only got a Saturday ticket instead of the full weekend even though I'm just going for the games anyway
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
That was pretty lame for ANYC licensing announcements though, glad I only got a Saturday ticket instead of the full weekend even though I'm just going for the games anyway
Yeah, what a crappy panel, I expect way more from the largest US manga publisher that easily has access to titles from 2 of the big 3 manga publishers from Japan. There still are other manga companies involved in the next days and I'm sure they'll have some good announcements. Have fun.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top