Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
Dumb question what is Samon?
 

Radagast92

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
117
Reaction score
269
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
If anyone is interested, here the rankings for 2018:

OP 1,61
Hero 3,62
Never 3,85
BlackC 3,97
Dr.Stone 4,04
Kimetsu 4,14
HQ 4,97
Sesuji 7,00
Souma 7,03
Bokutachi 7,78
Zumo 7,82
PSI 7,90
Yuragi 8,08
RxLaser 8,77
Gintama 9,24
Samon 9,70
No1 10,00
Ibitsu 12,10
Golazo 12,60

Shoodan 13,00
Poro 13,70
Demon 13,80
Harapeko 13,83

Cross A 13,94
U19 14,30
Isobe 14,61

And two other rankings, the top 5 for the first half of the year (#01-#27) and the top 5 for the second half (#28-#52)
One Piece 1,56
Boku no Hero 2,37
Black Clover 3,53
HQ 3,72
Neverland 3,94

One Piece 1,67
Dr Stone 3,65
Neverland 3,76
Kimetsu 4,10
Black Clover 4,42
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san and We Never Learn (Included Collab Poster)

What I hoped it would never happen will happen... Here goes We Never Learn girls purity...
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
I think the poster will go more to WNL side than the Yuragi one, a winter themed one is my bet. After the controversy the last Yuragi colorspread had, I don't see them doing it again. (I suppose)
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san and We Never Learn (Included Collab Poster)
What I hoped it would never happen will happen... Here goes We Never Learn girls purity...
Better drop the series then :super.
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
Finally Haikyuu getting a low ranking, the manga has been terrible lately
Haikyuu has completely gone off the rails this match. A shame really.
Guys this is too much of a hyperbole. This exact same match got second place last week. Isn't this just another instance of Japanese readers couldn't be bothered to vote when the protagonist team not winning?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Fuck, does the recent news kill off any chances of Kenshin getting an anime remake? I hope not.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Guys this is too much of a hyperbole. This exact same match got second place last week. Isn't this just another instance of Japanese readers couldn't be bothered to vote when the protagonist team not winning?
I'm talking about the match in general. Wasn't necessarily referring to the rankings.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Off the rails in haikyuu, stop. The twins are really hot thats all that matters. Its been an A+ match. Tanaka got a moment, nishinoya got a moment, all we need is a tsukihina moment and more aobajosai/datekou/nekoma commentary/fukurodani commentry.

Well i never like rurouni kenshin in the first place. I can not support one who openly admits to liking innocent children in a sexual manner. Screw rurouni kenshin.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
No more covers to HeroAca.

C'mon, Watsuki! That's sad.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If anyone is interested, here the rankings for 2018:

OP 1,61
Hero 3,62
Never 3,85
BlackC 3,97
Dr.Stone 4,04
Kimetsu 4,14
HQ 4,97
Sesuji 7,00
Souma 7,03
Bokutachi 7,78
Zumo 7,82
PSI 7,90
Yuragi 8,08
RxLaser 8,77
Gintama 9,24
Samon 9,70
No1 10,00
Ibitsu 12,10
Golazo 12,60

Shoodan 13,00
Poro 13,70
Demon 13,80
Harapeko 13,83

Cross A 13,94
U19 14,30
Isobe 14,61

And two other rankings, the top 5 for the first half of the year (#01-#27) and the top 5 for the second half (#28-#52)
One Piece 1,56
Boku no Hero 2,37
Black Clover 3,53
HQ 3,72
Neverland 3,94

One Piece 1,67
Dr Stone 3,65
Neverland 3,76
Kimetsu 4,10
Black Clover 4,42
At least BLack Clover is still top 5. Sad Haikyuu fell some.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Fortunately, I've never been a fan of any of Watsuki's works, but it's shame for the people who are. Horrible news indeed.
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
I guess that's it then.

Edit: Although I guess this might not be the end for Watsuki. Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro came back twice as strong after his arrest.
 
Last edited:

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oda can't help him out of this one. What's worse is that this has pretty much tarnish the Rurouni Kenshin brand for the foreseeable future and Jump is more than likely going to ignore it for any special events like Seikimatsu.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I guess that's it then.

Edit: Although I guess this might not be the end for Watsuki. Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro came back twice as strong after his arrest.
Shimabukuro was charged with violating child prostitution laws which was settled out of court and never made public eye, he was allowed to end Sekimatsu in Super Jump once the charges had been settled and immediately started working on Toriko. This case with Watsuki has already broken public eye and child porn is a much serious offense especially given the current state Japan is in so even after he either pays the fine or serves time in prison his already dead career as a mangaka is over and Kenshin will never be held in the same regard ever again.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Kenshin was always an unremarkable period action manga to me, so I feel like nothing of value was lost.

Hopefully, leaks come earlier this week and we won't drag this discussion out, but who am I kidding, the west loves scandals more than manga.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
In other news, viz is finally up to where the Eldlive scans got to and are past the MHA Illegals ones as far as I know. They're still 9 chapters behind Japan on Eldlive, but at the current rate I think they'll catch up around February?

I wonder if they'll bring over a new Jump+ thing once when they finally catch up with Eldlive, they did pick up Zodiac War recently but I'm guessing that'll just be a short series. I can't imagine them picking up something by a newbie (unless it's another spin-off of a main magazine series) but I can see them maybe picking up something else they can promote based on the creator's previous works.

What other Jump+ series have a well-known creator behind them?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top