Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
he's the mod for every Shonen Jump subreddit

we take the cps, preview,news etc... from his twitter account and post them here every week

ffs, he posts in this thread himself, a lot
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I've been here since 2009 and I don't really know who that is...a YouTube guy who talks about manga I'd have to assume. Definitely the type of thing I'd avoid, so it's easy to imagine others have as well.
I wouldn't avoid that video. He actually researched a lot for that video unlike your typical youtubers. It's a good video IMO.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
In a better timeline, nobody would be aware of people who base their internet identity around breaking a children comics magazine news embargo.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
he's the mod for every Shonen Jump subreddit

we take the cps, preview,news etc... from his twitter account and post them here every week

ffs, he posts in this thread himself, a lot
A person who takes leaks and news posed elsewhere (and I guess posts about hip hop music???) and is a mod doesnt really answer who they are or why we should be interested in their video. I assume they are just another foreverworld or who that youtube personality is?
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
*shrug* I miss a lot in this thread. Mostly just read the ToC and sales figures.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Manga genius of the century came up with Nezuko, you mean
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that the one and only Nezuko is created unique, that she is endowed by her Crocodile with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Cuteness, Sweetness and the brutal kicks of Destruction.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
I mean, how can you follow this thread and not know who Yonkou is?
Most of the stuff we discuss here are because Heiji and him give us the information.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
How? I imagine by focusing on the provided information and not on the middlemen.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Pretty decent video, in the past I would've liked to find something like it for sure when I didn't know much about anime and manga and when I wanted to get into WSJ. He is right about how the magazine is always changing and I liked how he highlighted Kimetsu no Yaiba and Neverland.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
A person who takes leaks and news posed elsewhere (and I guess posts about hip hop music???) and is a mod doesnt really answer who they are or why we should be interested in their video. I assume they are just another foreverworld or who that youtube personality is?
you're asking why watch a video about WSJ made by MH member in the WSJ thread in MH?

How? I imagine by focusing on the provided information and not on the middlemen.
so you don't know what stuff like Anime New Network and such?

He is right about how the magazine is always changing and I liked how he highlighted Kimetsu no Yaiba and Neverland.
he's quoting Kochikame's author tho
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
you're asking why watch a video about WSJ made by MH member in the WSJ thread in MH?



so you don't know what stuff like Anime New Network and such?



he's quoting Kochikame's author tho
I mean, even if he's quoting him it's not like it's the most unheard of idea or concept ever. It's pretty obvious WSJ is always changing, in general this applies to manga, I just wanted to highlight it since it is a pretty simple general statement that is always true.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Well, my english sucks and I had a bit of trouble understanding his accent, but I liked the video. Very informative.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
so you don't know what stuff like Anime New Network and such?
ANN is a news aggregator which uses every source available to them without a second thought.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I mean, even if he's quoting him it's not like it's the most unheard of idea or concept ever. It's pretty obvious WSJ is always changing, in general this applies to manga, I just wanted to highlight it since it is a pretty simple general statement that is always true.
I know, I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm just saying he's reading an interview with Kochikame author word for word

so putting it in context, that's Akimoto, a legendary mangaka praising Gotouge and Neverland which means a lot for the authors and manga

it's not just the words of a fan in the west

ANN is a news aggregator which uses every source available to them without a second thought.
so it's not weird that fans that care about the news would know who they're

we even care about news posters even if they're not an organization like ANN and just fans like us

heck, we know who is Heji is, we know who Kaizou_10 is, it's the same with Yonkouprod
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I know, I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm just saying he's reading an interview with Kochikame author word for word

so putting it in context, that's Akimoto, a legendary mangaka praising Gotouge and Neverland which means a lot for the authors and manga

it's not just the words of a fan in the west



so it's not weird that fans that care about the news would know who they're

we even care about news posters even if they're not an organization like ANN and just fans like us

heck, we know who is Heji is, we know who Kaizou_10 is, it's the same with Yonkouprod
Yeah, but he could've simply not put that in the video.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Looks like the trademark rights for Shaman King are owned completely by Kodansha now.
Wow, I wonder if the real reason why the mangaka refused the anime remake was because it was an initiative from Shueisha and he didn't want it because he seems to hate them now. Maybe that anime remake will happen after all eventually.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Looks like the trademark rights for Shaman King are owned completely by Kodansha now.
Wew. Guess the cancellation of Flowers pissed Takei off enough to sever all ties with Shueisha and hightail it to Kodansha. Well good for fans of Shaman King at least because it means he'll be starting on a new series in the same universe soon like he promised.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Wew. Guess the cancellation of Flowers pissed Takei off enough to sever all ties with Shueisha and hightail it to Kodansha. Well good for fans of Shaman King at least because it means he'll be starting on a new series in the same universe soon like he promised.
The fact that he went over to Kodansha to do Nekogahara was a sign of what was about to come I suppose.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, I wonder if the real reason why the mangaka refused the anime remake was because it was an initiative from Shueisha and he didn't want it because he seems to hate them now. Maybe that anime remake will happen after all eventually.
Nah that would be a really petty reason if that was the case because its not as if people are clamoring for a remake of Shaman King anytime soon so him passing off the only opportunity he'll get over a feud wouldn't be very wise but it does open up the possibility of the new work he promised being Shaman King related and that getting an anime instead if he can't get the remake.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top