Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The girl kinda looks like a purple hair Onodera lol. Just stay away from random childhood friends and gorilla characters and Komi will be straight. Go easy on the romance too, romance fanatics always turn on you in the end if their dream isn't fulfilled. Never fails.

Since there's no jump plus forum, have you guys read Astra Lost In Space?
Naw, but I've seen it mentioned a few times by jagman and other users. Have never seen an image or preview of it a day in my life.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
The girl kinda looks like a purple hair Onodera lol. Just stay away from random childhood friends and gorilla characters and Komi will be straight. Go easy on the romance too, romance fanatics always turn on you in the end if their dream isn't fulfilled. Never fails.



Naw, but I've seen it mentioned a few times by jagman and other users. Have never seen an image or preview of it a day in my life.
You should check it out! Kinda reminds me of Cage of Eden. Last chapter comes out tomorrow
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I'm pretty excited to see Astra's finale, I've enjoyed the series a lot.

I wonder if Viz will pick up another Jump+ series to replace it on their free site.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm pretty excited to see Astra's finale, I've enjoyed the series a lot.

I wonder if Viz will pick up another Jump+ series to replace it on their free site.
I sure hope so!
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
they picked up Junni Taisen, so unless Yabuki goes full Darkness mode on Darling in the FranXX, they will probably pick it up as well

That controller is screaming "I tried to make it different please don't sue me."
we laugh but after what happened to Hi Score Girl the fear is real
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
Nothing much but just felt like sharing it:
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Ok, so it will be about fighting games, which makes sense because of the controller. I'll be interested if it becomes serialized, but if it's just going to be forever a one-shot, then whatevs.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You never know. Nisekoi came from an oneshot. I'm certain that Komi Naoshi doesn't draw a lot of oneshots just to have fun, if the editors say that they want to serialize such oneshot he will do it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
When I saw sports I got scared but if it's based on fighting games I'm down. Nisekoi's deserved backlash towards the end was because of the aimless filler chapters over and over again to how he ruined characters that showed great character development (Tsugumi/Marika) over the series in all of a few chapters dedicated to them. For me though I enjoyed more than I disliked and that's all that matters so I'll look forward to an actual serialization.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
You never know. Nisekoi came from an oneshot. I'm certain that Komi Naoshi doesn't draw a lot of oneshots just to have fun, if the editors say that they want to serialize such oneshot he will do it.
Yeah, but we're getting 5 new one-shots from previously successful mangaka in WSJ, I feel like they'll only serialize the most popular one.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When I saw sports I got scared but if it's based on fighting games I'm down. Nisekoi's deserved backlash towards the end was because of the aimless filler chapters over and over again to how he ruined characters that showed great character development (Tsugumi/Marika) over the series in all of a few chapters dedicated to them. For me though I enjoyed more than I disliked and that's all that matters so I'll look forward to an actual serialization.
fighting games are e-sports
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
These feel more like special genuine one-offs to me, I suppose they could serialise them but I'd imagine with the big name creators they would just start a new series without having to test oneshots first. This is a special one-off anniversary thing, so I'm thinking they're ideas the writers thought were cool as short stories but wouldn't really want to make a proper series out of.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Like actual sports, like baseball or something. Not virtual competition.
Well in japan they have an esports league so technically they are considered sports and the IOC (International Olympic Committee) has ruled that e-sports are in fact real sports so yeah the grey area is getting kind of small.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Oh had no idea. I remember a few years ago the GameStop where I live had some for Smash Bros Brawl and Tekken, so I'm aware it's an actual thing. I think esports have more potential to be entertaining.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Yeah, considering how many there are and they're for the anniversary, they seem to be One Shots for the sake of it. Not because they're ideas for a full fledged series. Though I guess we'll see. Would be interesting if one did go that route.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Isn't time to be announced the singers for the new Black Clover's OP/ED?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Oh had no idea. I remember a few years ago the GameStop where I live had some for Smash Bros Brawl and Tekken, so I'm aware it's an actual thing. I think esports have more potential to be entertaining.
eSports market revenue back in 2016 was almost 500 million USD. So it's a huge upcoming market.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
She looks like the sensei in Nisekoi.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Yeah, considering how many there are and they're for the anniversary, they seem to be One Shots for the sake of it. Not because they're ideas for a full fledged series. Though I guess we'll see. Would be interesting if one did go that route.
That's what I was thinking, but if one of them has a tremendously successful reception, I'm sure they wouldn't think twice about trying to turn it into a serialization at some point this year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top