- Joined
- Nov 5, 2017
- Messages
- 1,929
- Reaction score
- 877
- Country
-
We finally have a real TOC, only Yonkou is reliable now...We've been on a 24 hour ruse cruise!
It's what you'd expect at this point. Saiki is ending after all. Spring Weapon is doing the same, finally.
I'll have info on the new series later.
I hope not, I don't want to see another 10 failed attempts to get a new sports manga to stay around. The last time a sports manga from a new author was successful was Hinomaru, that was at the end of May in 2014.The age of comedies is over. Shueisha needs to create at least two more successful sports manga with over 50 chapters before the 2020 Summer Olympics begins.
Failed sports manga from new authors since then:
Takujou no Ageha (Ping Pong)
Sesuji wo Pin! to: Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso (Dancing) - All things considered, it had a good run, not a complete failure in my eyes.
Best Blue(Swimming)
Buddy Strike(Baseball)
Ole Golazo(Soccer)
Then they went for a safe choice, with Robot x Laserbeam, from an experienced author in the sports field, at least this should stay around and rake in easy fujo money, especially after an anime comes in two years unless Fujimaki gives up on it.
After Robot, they tried again, and guess what, more complete failures.
Shuudan!(Soccer)
Full Drive(Ping Pong)
Looking at the patterns, it's been a while since they've tried a baseball manga.
And regarding the new manga, I want more information about them.