Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
What are you talking about? The chapter isn't even out yet lol. He's not making a great point, he judges manga based off character designs lol
“Read between the lines” :cheez I’m not saying what he says is accurate. That’s his opinion if cute boys = success. It’s more that I’ve seen people start care for this series more once they showed the preview lol. I can’t be the only one who didn’t know the author to have bias so it had to be cause the heroine looks good. Be real.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
“Read between the lines” :cheez I’m not saying what he says is accurate. That’s his opinion if cute boys = success. It’s more that I’ve seen people start care for this series more once they showed the preview lol. I can’t be the only one who didn’t know the author to have bias so it had to be cause the heroine looks good. Be real.
Bro, slapping some fujobait characters on your manga doesn't mean it's an instant success, for as many of them that are popular there are tons of failures as well. Don't let this dude plague your mind with bs. Aside from that one guy the only thing ppl have said about the series is that they're excited for it. Anytime there's a series who's main premise is adventure it'll always have ppls interest. We did this with Golem hearts
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anytime there's a series who's main premise is adventure it'll always have ppls interest. We did this with Golem hearts
Which, by the way, I accurately predicted as failing.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just like you've accurately predicted many other series succeeding and failing.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Ikezawa will work his magic and NN will survive the first 20 chapters easily but then it will fall flat and be forgotten just like Kurogane and Mononofu.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

I love how hxh has been on the past 3 covers lol
This cover is pretty good. I really want to read this series. Hope that it succeeds for it's premise, artstyle and character design. Also because it's the third time of Ikezawa
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
How about the fact that a friggin trap got introduced. Fujimaki isnt even trying to hide who his intended target audience is :cookiehand
More like he's getting with the times. Traps are becoming all the more popular lately.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Miyavi as Byakuya.



They're going pretty all out as Miyavi is a huge star in Japan.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have the recent live actions of mangas been good? Only saw nobunaga concerto and only the death note jpn made live actions + tv drama (otaku light precious)

Dont have access to the relevant platforms for the recent ones the past two years.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If a cute design was what is necessary to be a sucess, then we would have Tokyo Wonder Boys today

;-;

I miss Tokyo Wonder Boys ;-;
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Bro, slapping some fujobait characters on your manga doesn't mean it's an instant success, for as many of them that are popular there are tons of failures as well. Don't let this dude plague your mind with bs. Aside from that one guy the only thing ppl have said about the series is that they're excited for it. Anytime there's a series who's main premise is adventure it'll always have ppls interest. We did this with Golem hearts
Trust me I'm not lol I'm trying to argue a theory I have. It got lost cause because of poor wording: character designs I think factor in a sizeable component to enjoyment. It's not the end all be all but it means something. Take the new series before Noah Notes, I thought the characters designs were horrible which added to my dislike for the first chapter's plot. I would of disliked it regardless but it made it even worse. Take MHA and KnY now. Before even reading or watching I liked Deku's character design which invoked me to try after some recommendations. KnY is the opposite as I dislike the character designs that it hinders my curiosity of ever trying it. BC was the same as KnY but the anime was announced so I just waited for it thinking animation would make it enjoyable. Provide me a reason outside of the returning author of why people seem hyped for this series over the other two, which both are probably going to be adventures as well. Golem Hearts had a one shot so fully understandable why some were hyped. Just reading the comments it honestly seemed like the vibe towards this series changed once the preview was shown.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Have the recent live actions of mangas been good? Only saw nobunaga concerto and only the death note jpn made live actions + tv drama (otaku light precious)

Dont have access to the relevant platforms for the recent ones the past two years.
The quality is greatly subjective. There have been series like Angel Heart that didn't really do anything for me and there's been NigeHaji (Full-Time Wife Escapist), one of the best dramas in recent years. You can usually tell how much effort into was put into it based on its timeslot, in the case of dramas, and the actors. If Yamazaki Kento is one of the leads, then there probably wasn't too much thought put into it.....
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How about the fact that a friggin trap got introduced. Fujimaki isnt even trying to hide who his intended target audience is :cookiehand
I face palmed so hard this movement of him... I cannot blame him, Kuroko no Basket became what it became only because of this public.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Well he had me fooled for a sec. But then I remembered that it's Fujomaki lol
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Its not like fujoshis love traps.


Usually who likes traps are boys...

i'm serious...

Because i'm one of them.(Astolfo <3)
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Dont Know if already said, but :
Break for Gintama in 16th issue.
In Boruto anime, Urashiki Ôtsutsuki seiyû will be Kazuya Nakai.
In My Hero Academia anime, Spinner by Ryû Iwasaki, Magne by Satoru Inoue, Mr. Compress by Tsuguo Mogami & Twice by Daichi Endô.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top