Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Always wondered why A-1 is glued to Kodansha shows while Studio Pierriot is all over Sheishua titles.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Bozobeats is GOOD.
If only, random Youtuber-san. I rooted for this author since I really liked his art style for his original one-shot and I knew he would eventually get a serialization. If it really is good, then I'll be glad and I'll toss aside my worries about the new art style in the dumpster.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Always wondered why A-1 is glued to Kodansha shows while Studio Pierriot is all over Sheishua titles.
Kodansha fell into a trap and Pierrot have been around adapting WSJ manga for like 30-40 years.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
If it's as good as the early reaction suggests I wouldn't mind the design change.
 

Obitooooo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Messages
190
Reaction score
228
Age
30
Country
Colombia
Sales from december - Oricon :

Sales ( Volumen ) l Total sales

Haikyuu 29 : 605.170 l 713.017
Black Clover 14 : 221.652 | 544.085
Gintama 71 : 191.535 l 212.298
The P Never... l 239'675
One piece : l 208.529
Bnha : l 138.485

Source : Manga Mag
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Dunno Yonkou was here too LOL

BTW any summary/spoilers of chapter 1 is available?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Sand's timing was too funny. I was about to ask if he was pulling a meme on us or if he was just slow to notice. xD
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Is this series the next pillar!? Why Bozebeats will be the FUTURE of Jump!!!/fornever monday
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Dunno if going to laugh or rage if we find the 28th of February Bozebeats doing a Golem Hearts in ToC ranking to be honest. Still, I'm hyped.
 

yonkouproductions

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
179
Reaction score
983
Gender
Male
Country
Water Tribe
Dunno if going to laugh or rage if we find the 28th of February Bozebeats doing a Golem Hearts in ToC ranking to be honest. Still, I'm hyped.
I haven't been interested in a new title for a while. I'd like to say my innate sense for Jump is telling me this is going to be a solid series lol.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
By the way Mister @yonkouproductions, do you have anything interesting to say about the Jojo part 5 logo trademarks? Inb4 more live action...
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
I missed it but what's this one about? Sounds like a romance.
Nope; it's more like Shokugeki no Soma except it's about acting and it has a female lead. I finally found the prototype one-shot and it was pretty endearing; I don't expect it to be the same, but I think the situation is going to be fairly similar. The eccentric director will likely have the same role as the acting teacher. On the Twitter, the artist said that it's about "struggles and efforts."
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I haven't been interested in a new title for a while. I'd like to say my innate sense for Jump is telling me this is going to be a solid series lol.
Review without spoilers?
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I also can't help but feel the same about Neverland, it almost gives off the same kind of Attack on Titan vibes if you know what I mean and I'm sure Shueisha will capitalize on this opportunity, they probably have some sort of regret for rejecting Attack on Titan and now they want one of their own with TPN and they saw an effective way to approach things when it came to the anime adaptation for AOT xD. I.G port and Wit are solid choices and safer ones for sure. If they give the anime to Toei or Pierrot or some low tier studio, then Shueisha is truly on another level of incompetence. HZ and Madhouse or Mappa sounds great, especially since we know the first part of the manga will be covered as well.
Yes if they do really care about this property they'll give it out to a good studio.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
To be honest, it would be too good to be true for Kimetsu to have an anime in this kind of a style, right?


I'd rather have a traditional series. Something like the Ushio to Tora anime.
Yeah I don't see Kimetsu being as outlandish as those styles. Maybe something akin to Mushishi or House of Five Leaves something that does a good job of conveying the feeling of dread in the atmosphere since the manga is built up as a tragedy with occasional moments of humor to lighten things up.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
I think Neverland needs a director similar to Death Note's/Attack on Titan's Araki but with a bit more class. Dramatic and exciting without losing the classy fairy tale appeal. For the studio, I'm certain that it won't be Toei or Pierrot. It doesn't seem like their kind of series. I just hope it's not Lerche, they're fairly mediocre; School Live could have been much bigger if it hadn't been given such by-the-numbers treatment. AssClass was lucky that it didn't need an anime at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top