Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven't been interested in a new title for a while. I'd like to say my innate sense for Jump is telling me this is going to be a solid series lol.
I sure hope so, battle manga are still my fav genre, more the merrier. Just recently discovered Marry Grave too. Galaxy Gangs soon
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Always wondered why A-1 is glued to Kodansha shows while Studio Pierriot is all over Sheishua titles.
A-1 is essentially just a contract studio for Aniplex who mainly dabble in Kodansha titles for adaptations. Pierrot just has a longstanding history with Sheishua titles much like Toei does so its mostly just out of availability that so many titles are under them.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Almost all the success series in the last 2 years are from the first three months period.

Anniversary Cover coming 6 months later incoming. :derp:super
 

yonkouproductions

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
179
Reaction score
983
Gender
Male
Country
Water Tribe
By the way Mister @yonkouproductions, do you have anything interesting to say about the Jojo part 5 logo trademarks? Inb4 more live action...
I'm reserving judgement until I see Ultra Jump. At least it bodes well that the Tsubasa anime is only 1 cour.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You better not be funposting like you were with Golem Hearts!
I'm reserving judgement until I see Ultra Jump. At least it bodes well that the Tsubasa anime is only 1 cour.
Didn't they say they were covering the entire manga? Also DavidPro does Monster Hunter on the side so its not like they can't do Tsubasa and Jojo at the same time.
 

yonkouproductions

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
179
Reaction score
983
Gender
Male
Country
Water Tribe
You better not be funposting like you were with Golem Hearts!

Didn't they say they were covering the entire manga? Also DavidPro does Monster Hunter on the side so its not like they can't do Tsubasa and Jojo at the same time.

Ah I'm misremembering the length. AFAIK its not confirmed yet so who knows.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ah I'm misremembering the length. AFAIK its not confirmed yet so who knows.
I could have sworn I heard it from somewhere. I read an article that said it would recount the story from the very beginning so I assumed it was a full adaptation.
 

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
So, which battle manga will be getting its lunch eaten by Bozebeats? Because the Jump system isn't really about being successful, it's more about making others fail. Kimetsu? Black Clover?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
So, which battle manga will be getting its lunch eaten by Bozebeats? Because the Jump system isn't really about being successful, it's more about making others fail. Kimetsu? Black Clover?
Even if Bozebeats succeeds I can't see Kimetsu, Black Clover, or MHA dying. Maybe World Trigger died (Permanently being moved) for it's sins?
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Even if Bozebeats succeeds I can't see Kimetsu, Black Clover, or MHA dying. Maybe World Trigger died (Permanently being moved) for it's sins?
Gintama would end soon anyway. So, most likely that. MHA, Kimetsu and BC are all doing well enough to be alive at this stage. None of them rank bad and sells great, especially MHA.
And yeah, WT could be moved as well.

Edit- Then again guys, We never know if the japanese would like it.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, which battle manga will be getting its lunch eaten by Bozebeats? Because the Jump system isn't really about being successful, it's more about making others fail. Kimetsu? Black Clover?
Kimetsu and Dr. Stone, both have already stagnated and you hardly see any of them being promoted or mentioned anywhere. Both have failed tp grasp any fans or to break through their bad writing and character design issues.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Kimetsu and Dr. Stone, both have already stagnated and you hardly see any of them being promoted or mentioned anywhere. Both have failed tp grasp any fans or to break through their bad writing and character design issues.
Il bite.
Kimetsu, bad writing? Just stop.

Dr. Stone il say it's more about the way it's expressed through the art, and not the writing, is the focus.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Technically Bandai Namco Entertainment now. Sunrise hardly ever does adaptations anymore or anything that's not Gundam or Love Live.
Bandai Namco Pictures in that case. They picked Aikatsu, Gintama and some projects from Sunrise when Bamco created the studio.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Lmfao how the fuck can you guys argue about MHA/TPN when there's a part 5 anime in the works? JoJo anime has been by far the best WSJ adaptation and one of the most loved ones. I pray that Kamikaze Douga returns with those top tier OP's that make every other anime during the year piss themselves. (David Pro still did an amazing job with DIU OP's)

Man, I've been waiting years to see part 5 animated. I heard it's one of the more popular parts in Japan, I think someone posted before that part 5 had 10 million copies in print which is a good indicator on how popular it is.

I hope the anime gets a boost in sales from the fujoshi fandom. I've been seeing there's part 5 phones too. I love HZ as much as the next guy but 2018 is going to be JJBA's year. With the JoJo 2018 exhibition and now a potential part 5 anime coming I'm happy.

I do want the anime to come out in 2019. They better take their time with this and do a split cour. Part 5 is easily the most action heavy part in the franchise with many battles back to back and some large scale ones.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Aesthetically, SHAFT is perfect for Kimetsu.
I've been saying this for a while and I'm glad others feel the same way. SHAFT would be amazing.

I think we're pretty safe from Toei since they'll be focused on the other yokai series like Kitaro. Pierrot is still there but even then I think we're safe. I still don't want Madhouse/MAPPA to pick it up. It just feels right in Shaft's hands or in TOHO like someone mentioned.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Kimetsu and Dr. Stone, both have already stagnated and you hardly see any of them being promoted or mentioned anywhere.



I took the bait just because this isn't your average everyday shitposting, this is advanced shitposting

why are people so persistent that Stone is a battle manga btw?
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Just to make sure, people are aware that Toho Animation isn't a studio but rather a producer in the way Warner Bros is the producer for Soma right? Toho will designate the actual work to another studio like Production IG, Bones, etc and be a member on the production committee, usually the highest one. Its essentially on a level above animation studios.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, I can't wait to read Bozebeats then. I wasn't optimistic about it before.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Just to make sure, people are aware that Toho Animation isn't a studio but rather a producer in the way Warner Bros is the producer for Soma right? Toho will designate the actual work to another studio like Production IG, Bones, etc and be a member on the production committee, usually the highest one. Its essentially on a level above animation studios.
I know.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top