Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, Robo color page next week, anime announcement incoming.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
i just saw the first episode of BC anime and it was as bad as all the comments over here stated. I cannot believe I put myself through that torture. More cringe than when I read the actual manga.*

*This is my opinion. No need to get offended.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i just saw the first episode of BC anime and it was as bad as all the comments over here stated. I cannot believe I put myself through that torture. More cringe than when I read the actual manga.*

*This is my opinion. No need to get offended.
What episode 1 did you watch? Ive seen it four times, and each time it as phenomenal as the first. I dont know how one finds the first episode cringe laden or bad. It was actually really fun, unless you woke up on the wrong side of the bed or had spoiled milk with your breakfast. One shouldnt take out their feelings on these extraneous circumstances on the anime. The anime had nothing to do with it.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Let's not start again, please .....
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Try starting at Ep 6, the first 5 episodes weren't too enjoyable looking back at it. But if not there start at ep 19 when the other squads come in. Dungeon arc started ok but became a very dry arc with not much hype. I'll leave it at that.
 

Tarot

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
535
Country
Italy
i just saw the first episode of BC anime and it was as bad as all the comments over here stated. I cannot believe I put myself through that torture. More cringe than when I read the actual manga.*

*This is my opinion. No need to get offended.
Not sure what episode you watched. The production for the anime is pretty much dead but the first episode and especially the second one is the strongest in the series in terms of direction, storyboard and compositing. Storywise it's not much different than the manga but you should already know this considering how much you dislike the series.

If you're talking about Asta's voice actor then it's because he's a newbie and has improved a lot in the last few episodes. His speech in episode 20 was his best performance so far.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im glad there is positive sentiments for the anime since that post in this thread. Its so refreshing to hear.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Try starting at Ep 6, the first 5 episodes weren't too enjoyable looking back at it. But if not there start at ep 19 when the other squads come in. Dungeon arc started ok but became a very dry arc with not much hype. I'll leave it at that.
Wow, it sure is a promising sign when you recommend someone to start an anime from fucking episode 19 :derp
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, it sure is a promising sign when you recommend someone to start an anime from ****ing episode 19 :derp
Its the industry standard for several animes, people say skip the first arc of Gintama anime, KHR, Naruto, skip the first anime of FMA, and the first arcs of FMABroHood, skip the first season of HeroAca, etc.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, it sure is a promising sign when you recommend someone to start an anime from fucking episode 19 :derp
Better than telling someone the manga gets tolerable after 100 chapters.:derp
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Better than telling someone the manga gets tolerable after 100 chapters.:derp
I skipped Food Wars until like the 100s when the Elite 10 and Rindo appeared :nerd. First episode kinda scarred me and I dropped S1 but when I went to the manga after S2 I told myself to not take this series seriously so maybe not a great example. Skipping material guess isn't common but I've done it a few times. You could always check wikis for summaries to fill in the gaps.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I skipped Food Wars until like the 100s when the Elite 10 and Rindo appeared :nerd. First episode kinda scarred me and I dropped S1 but when I went to the manga after S2 I told myself to not take this series seriously so maybe not a great example. Skipping material guess isn't common but I've done it a few times. You could always check wikis for summaries to fill in the gaps.
My OCD will never allow me to do something like that.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
I literally started reading Gintama at the start of the "final arc" . Sure I've seen a chapter sometimes but I've never actually followed it before,

I decided to read the whole manga from the beginning when the magazine hits 669, thinking that it is ending soon (and no, not because of Yonkou's tweet) and here I am waiting for a chapter every week.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
My OCD will never allow me to do something like that.
The worst I have ever heard in relation to that, was when the infamous 'Shogun Assassination' arc started in the Gintama anime. I heard of people starting to watch Gintama for the first time, but only the 'serious' arcs. You might as well not be a Gintama fan at all.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I literally started reading Gintama at the start of the "final arc" . Sure I've seen a chapter sometimes but I've never actually followed it before,

I sdecided to read the whole manga from the beginning when the magazine hits 669, thinking that it is ending soon (and no, not because of Yonkou's tweet) and here I am waiting for a chapter every week.
Thinking it about it some more Bleach I watched fullbringer before watching hueco mundo. And even though Iehaven't started the final arc I skipped to the Mayuri/Nemu battle in the mid 600s cause I got spoiled and wanted to see who died. So maybe I do do it a good amount. Lol
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The worst I have ever heard in relation to that, was when the infamous 'Shogun Assassination' arc started in the Gintama anime. I heard of people starting to watch Gintama for the first time, but only the 'serious' arcs. You might as well not be a Gintama fan at all.
Do people really find the non serious moments good though? Its always been Gintama's writers problem. Why do you think SketDan is so good, the person clearly learned the secret to how to manage good fun and action, unfortunately Gintama writer, even after 600 chapters just doesnt get it still.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top