Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Togashi and Kishimoto from what I know are also personal friends as well as colleagues, so even there is that the tones are different.

I do not see anything wrong in the fact that Oda is a bit critical with Hori, is the advice of the current number one to a promising young man at the end ...

But then, thirty years? From what I know Togashi is 8 years older than Kishi ....
Typo slip. meant 10 years but got 30.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Oda is at the point where he's at the top of the industry and he knows that. This means he can say what he wants to and usually does so. He's also incredibly supportive and friendly with basically everyone considering he throws all those parties for Christmas and whatnot. I only hope after all this that Horikoshi also gains that confidence boost to fully realize how big his series is now. He did say that the realization came once he went to SDCC. Right now, the movie took #1, outdoing MI, Incredible 2 and Code Blue on the first day, that too by a decent margin. Regardless of the results for the weekend, the series is on an all-time high right now.

I do like the criticism he gave. Its quite specific and I have a feeling its in regards to the Intern Arc. I have to go and find that interview soon,
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
>O: However there are things I'm worried about.
>Q: What would that be?
>O: The more characters one introduces the harder it gets to intgrate them all properly. I'm not sure if he can handle that right. However his creation is popular and deserves to be. I especially love his color pages and volumes. The look like hard work.
Oda shouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses given what became of Dressarosa.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
This might only be odd to me but do you guys ever find it strange that authors rarely talk about their families outside of their wives? Every time I read an interview they barely talk about their parents or kids or siblings etc. Not saying they’re as big as sports or movies stars but those type of celebs talk way more about their families than comic book authors. I like Hori talking about his mother in this one
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This might only be odd to me but do you guys ever find it strange that authors rarely talk about their families outside of their wives? Every time I read an interview they barely talk about their parents or kids or siblings etc. Not saying they’re as big as sports or movies stars but those type of celebs talk way more about their families than comic book authors. I like Hori talking about his mother in this one
Most likely due to privacy especially if you're a big name like Oda, Toriyama, Inoue, etc. you don't want to put it out there if any crazed fan decides to try to meet up with them. Oda is actually more open about his family life than most given how he joked how his daughter liked Precure more than One Piece and how its his life goal to crush Precure because of it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Most likely due to privacy especially if you're a big name like Oda, Toriyama, Inoue, etc. you don't want to put it out there if any crazed fan decides to try to meet up with the. Oda is actually more open about his family life than most given how he joked how his daughter liked Precure more than One Piece and how its his life goal to crush Precure because of it.
Thanks bro I just had to ask lol, obvious answer is privacy but seeing this interview made me realize it even more
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks bro I just had to ask lol, obvious answer is privacy but seeing this interview made me realize it even more
Hey I didn't even know Toriyama was married and had two kids until 9 years ago. He never talks about his home life in interviews.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
We never learn author keeps praising his daughter
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm not sure how the MHA film is doing at the Japanese box office, but I'm almost certain it's be a big hit in the US(In terms of anime films that is)
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Sometimes mangaka's talk about their personal life in the author comments, it is rare to see but it happens. Take Kawada for example, he talked about a new addition to his family. Issue 40 (2016)


These comments were great




I believe he mentioned his daughter before too. (dont quote me on that one)

I've said this many times but MS should really bring back the author comments.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've said this many times but MS should really bring back the author comments.
fans can do it, I dont know why people want to rely on MS for everything.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Good guy Kawada!
Just watched the 1st episode of Muhyo & Roji, pretty solid adaptation, too bad its just 1 cour, hopefully they announce a second cour with the finale
Speaking of Muhyo, has anyone read its sequel? Any spoiler somedy mind sharing?
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Doing half of bleach total on first day not bad I say.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Meanwhile, Tabata is all time praising his wife.
Well According to Tabata from a few interviews I've seen has said his wife is around quite often when he's working bringing happy vibes with her as well as Charmy being loosely based off of his wife so not surprising he'd talk about her alot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top