Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
You make it seem like MHA started selling well only because of these factors.

Golem is dead and Boze was meh. Come on Act-Age, surprise me.
 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
So it was confirmed that the monk in Bozebeats is oneshot's main character "Ryudaiji", good decision from the author so people who enjoyed the oneshot and/or liked the mc wont be disappointed with the changement (or maybe less disappointed).
Anyway i didn't like the first chapter that much but i think it was better than the oneshot at least, the art also improved and of course it has the potential but all that depends on how the author will handle the story so i won't get my hopes up for now.
I would've liked it more if the mother wolf had more screentime with Tamaki so her death would've been more impactful.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Oricon Ranking Jan 8-14
90179 *254251 Promised Neverland 7
30588 **82807 The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
27952 **89797 Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs
23713 **57733 Boys Over Flowers Season 2
16018 *490248 Promised Neverland 1
14624 *351961 Promised Neverland 6
14122 *462250 Promised Neverland 2
----------------------
12991 *383164 Promised Neverland 5
12931 *649202 Haikyu
12788 *406755 Promised Neverland 4
11548 2307096 One Piece
11512 *424604 Promised Neverland 3
10518 **36293 Hinomaru Zumou
*8947 *247876 Black Clover
*7991 **21077 Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru
*7334 **18129 Koro-sensei Q!
*7244 **22308 Juuni Taisen
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Something that I just realized...

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san's sound director is the same who was for Ano Hana, Ano Natsu de Matteru, Aldnoah Zero, Arslan Senki, Genshiken, Re:Zero and A LOT more. Just WOW.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
No i didn't, don't put words in my mouth.
I didn't say that you said that, but your insistence on seeing equivalence between the two cases gives that impression. MHA was an instant hit. Without that, I doubt it would have received so much ads. With TPN it was the opposite: it received a lot of ads and only then became a hit. The circumstances are different. The same with the Oda thing. I will not say that the SBS was useless, of course not, but it happened when MHA was already selling 200k and it was about a fact related to One Piece and Horikoshi. The TPN cover recommendation, besides being something more direct and special, only existed for commercial reasons.

But, anyway, I've had enough of this subject. I just hope that when the TPN anime starts and it passes MHA, it doesn't get worse.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Was catching up to Aharen-san today and saw this HxH reference lmao. I really like when authors do these type of things:

 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
I didn't say that you said that, but your insistence on seeing equivalence between the two cases gives that impression. MHA was an instant hit. Without that, I doubt it would have received so much ads. With TPN it was the opposite: it received a lot of ads and only then became a hit. The circumstances are different. The same with the Oda thing. I will not say that the SBS was useless, of course not, but it happened when MHA was already selling 200k and it was about a fact related to One Piece and Horikoshi. The TPN cover recommendation, besides being something more direct and special, only existed for commercial reasons.

But, anyway, I've had enough of this subject. I just hope that when the TPN anime starts and it passes MHA, it doesn't get worse.
You got that impression because you're the one who says that TPN started to sell well only when it got a lot of promotion and i already explained how is this wrong yet you keep repeating the same thing.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Why is Bozebeats placement so low for its second chapter? Is it the usual 23 pages?
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
You got that impression because you're the one who says that TPN started to sell well only when it got a lot of promotion and i already explained how is this wrong yet you keep repeating the same thing.
I never said that the series was a commercial failure, only that there is a big difference between selling 200k in 4 months and selling 200k in 7 days.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If these numbers are true then TPN has surpassed MHA vol.7's second week sales. Impressive.
Well its like I said. TPN will surpass heroaca before it even gets an anime.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
I think it's too late for that unless volume 8 sell 250k on first week
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Wait for the third season of MHA...
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Oh boy, if BC has already hit its peak in sales, the fall is gonna be so bad.
This is similar to beelzebub's level of success, which isn't bad (was great for beel) but definitely not upto the mark for BC.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh boy, if BC has already hit its peak in sales, the fall is gonna be so bad.
This is similar to beelzebub's level of success, which isn't bad (was great for beel) but definitely not upto the mark for BC.
Already hit its peak? That sounds like bad fiction. BLack Clover is still on its upward trajectory.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Already hit its peak? That sounds like bad fiction. BLack Clover is still on its upward trajectory.
I'm gonna be honest. I'm not going into a detailed study of BCs sales before I make these statements.
But I see the weekly sales whenever it's posted here, and the increase is almost minimal at this point. I hardly notice any difference from numbers that were posted previously. So that's why I get the feeling.
That's how I follow sales for most series here but I've noticed a good change in sales for most. Even for something like WT whose increase was slow but gradual.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Black Clover seems like it's growing. But given how the anime is, said growth is slow.
Seems like they were aiming for a small but continuous boost instead of a sudden explosion of popularity with a 51 ep. adaptation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top