Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Oh now they butcher my boy Bunchu too.

Now i know how Toriko, Beelzebub, fans feel. ~this line is half joke half serious

Rest in peace JoJonium version of Houshin Engi. Will wait until Yozen shows up before i drop it completely.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
For fuck's sake, Houshin Engi's remake is atrocious, how unfortunate (after looking at episode 2). I hope the Japanese fans don't eat this crap up. I don't get the logic behind this remake. With Jojo and HxH it made sense in one way or another and they both got great re-adaptations and we got the everyone wins type of scenario. With this, even if they made it as a cashgrab for the hardcore fans it doesn't make any sense since this adaptation just disrespects the manga(again) and it will make those hardcore fans angry.
The Japanese fans, particularly some female fans are raging harder than you are, especially at the series composer Takahashi Natsuko. Here are some of the tweets either during or after episode 2 aired:
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Darn I was interested in that anime, (was waiting for the FuniDub to watch it, I dont have time to double watch more than just BLack Clover (well triple watch it)) but I cant help but feel sad for people whove waited for the anime.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
but I cant help but feel sad for people whove waited for the anime.
I mean it would be fine if there is no more anime after the first adaption. The first adaption is already pretty bad.

This remake is just re open the wound and rubs some more salt onto it.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
For fuck's sake, Houshin Engi's remake is atrocious, how unfortunate (after looking at episode 2). I hope the Japanese fans don't eat this crap up. I don't get the logic behind this remake. With Jojo and HxH it made sense in one way or another and they both got great re-adaptations and we got the everyone wins type of scenario. With this, even if they made it as a cashgrab for the hardcore fans it doesn't make any sense since this adaptation just disrespects the manga(again) and it will make those hardcore fans angry.
So, it suffered the Young Jump anime curse of butchered adaptations? Damn.

On another note.
No new info in the first Yuuna WSJ info corner, just comments from the female seiyuu and OVA info already announced.
Pretty cool that Saiki's getting a collab with Animate Cafe.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BLack Clover game looks really amazing. Thanks for those, and yuno is hot.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
So, it suffered the Young Jump anime curse of butchered adaptations? Damn.

On another note.
No new info in the first Yuuna WSJ info corner, just comments from the female seiyuu and OVA info already announced.
Pretty cool that Saiki's getting a collab with Animate Cafe.
is it normal to give someone completely new to the industry (Yuuna VA in this case) the lead role? Do you know?
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
is it normal to give someone completely new to the industry (Yuuna VA in this case) the lead role? Do you know?
I don't think it's very common to do that, some anime give the lead role to VAs with little experience though.
If Hinomaru also gets a completely new VA then I would say it'll be the trend from now on with new WSJ adaptations.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
The Japanese fans, particularly some female fans are raging harder than you are, especially at the series composer Takahashi Natsuko. Here are some of the tweets either during or after episode 2 aired:
Wish I could read Japanese to read these tweets
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
If the poster causes another outburst it’ll be obvious why. It’d be hard to argue against the content being even more provocative than the color page that caught heat on Twitter. Art-wise I think it’s on point. What other message is it trying to convey to you other from it being pure fanservice and elicit sexual thoughts? So to me cases like this should lack any criticism other from the usual mature aspect of the questioned content and if kids should be watching or censorship in general. Boruto’s color pages should be made more of a problem than this.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
is it normal to give someone completely new to the industry (Yuuna VA in this case) the lead role? Do you know?
Its a variety of factors. In Heroaca's and BC's case, while Yamashita Daiki isn't technically new but has few lead roles, they cast younger VAs. Asta's VA is a complete newbie. Many of Class 1-A's VAs, and students in general, were also newbies. It might be that they want to choose someone young so that they can "grow" with the series; essentially for longevity. It could also be budget factors as newer VAs are paid less than seasoned VAs. From what I gather though, regardless of experience, almost all the VAs go through auditions so it could be that they were who the staff thought were right for the part.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Pretty cool that Saiki's getting a collab with Animate Cafe.
Speaking about Saiki.
I saw the first episode without subtitles, it seems that the animation is better than the first season.
By the way, I really enjoyed the opening song.

The only thing I want to see now is the episode with subtitles.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
HxH '99 is a visual masterpiece. So much better than the 2011 one in that regard.
I agree. The directing was amazing and the use of darker colors really helped. I actually wish Kimetsu No Yaiba gets treated in this fashion.


Both adaptations were good though.
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
Hey there. Haven't been reading the forum for a few weeks so I got a question, is Tomatoypoo no Lycopene the new "gag manga" that goes at the back of the magazine or it's just doing that bad being at the last place every week? Thanks beforehand.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Hey there. Haven't been reading the forum for a few weeks so I got a question, is Tomatoypoo no Lycopene the new "gag manga" that goes at the back of the magazine or it's just doing that bad being at the last place every week? Thanks beforehand.
yeah
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The only complaint I can see that Yuuna poster getting is that it features Hibari :-_-.
I’ve noticed this “let’s use insert the little sister, younger cousin” trope in harems. Nisekoi did it with Onodera’s sister, Yuuna with Hibari, even WNL introduces the teacher’s sister. Funny thing on Yuuna is they make the most kink shit happen with the younger replica. Why do harems do these things to theirselves every single time? I don’t even find Hibari horrible, drunk girl is the worst character in the main cast.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top