Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
> Noah's Note
> IKEZAWA

GG :8C:datass.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
The raw for the new series is up. Jujutsu Kaisen by Gege Akutami: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5577793295
I like the art, the horror elements are pretty good. I think the idea behind it is interesting, I'd say it already has more potential than Bozebeats.

Finally more on the new series.
I love the designs in Noah's Notes. The gyaru idea is good enough already, but giving her hot pink hair is genius, it really makes her stand out and the guy has this mysterious vibe, plus his white hair is cool.

Ziga-ziga also looks intriguing, I like the kaiju focus.

Bozebeats is in grave danger.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Noah Notes and Ziga Ziga seems pretty interesting. But oh boy, I'm disappointed that the girl of Noah Notes isn't an Gyaru.
But she totally is a gyaru.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bozebeats is in grave danger.
Bozebeats is already in danger. It technically debuted in the bottom 5 on it's first chapter; its best one and as a new series, historically its best chance at a strong ranking. It's only going to go downhill from here. It's as good as dead at this point.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I like the art, the horror elements are pretty good. I think the idea behind it is interesting, I'd say it already has more potential than Bozebeats.


I love the designs in Noah's Notes. The gyaru idea is good enough already, but giving her hot pink hair is genius, it really makes her stand out and the guy has this mysterious vibe, plus his white hair is cool.

Ziga-ziga also looks intriguing, I like the kaiju focus.

Bozebeats is in grave danger.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But she totally is a gyaru.
Hahaha Yeah, she is. I mean that she isn't blond like I was imagining before. But now that you said it, it's better.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
PV for Jujutsu Kaisen

 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
PV for Jujutsu Kaisen

This must be the next new campaign they're trying: "JUMP RISING". I understand this is also set to coincide with the 50th anniversary but isn't it too early to start giving new series PVs after the first chapter? Bozebeats and Act-Age didn't get this.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yeah, what the hell is this? That was completely unexpected. New Bleach confirmed. Bozebeats BTFO
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
So these 3 are part of Jump Rising? Has this been done before? Jump must have high hopes for all 3 of these then. A PV already seems a little too hasty.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
This must be the next new campaign they're trying: "JUMP RISING". I understand this is also set to coincide with the 50th anniversary but isn't it too early to start giving new series PVs after the first chapter? Bozebeats and Act-Age didn't get this.
and we can expect PV for other 2 in the coming weeks
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
So these 3 are part of Jump Rising? Has this been done before? Jump must have high hopes for all 3 of these then. A PV already seems a little too hasty.
They didn't do this for the "6in" round last year and that was supposed to be a historic first for Jump. I feel like this is a move to re-kindle interest in Jump by being more aggressive with how much exposure these new series get. They already get a lot by being on the cover but its probably a move to shove it in people's faces and try to get as many as possible to read them, especially those people that don't care for new series and only read oldies like Gintama, etc.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Shimabukuro's oneshot looks like it's inspired by Dragon Quest Builders in the same way Toriko is inspired by Monster Hunter

the new series previews look like someone leaked the lead cps for issues 15 and 16
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Leak from this issue with the Saiki 4-koma says that Saiki is the series that took the longest to serialize in Jump history, taking 12 years from the first one shot, and 7 OS appearances before it was serialized. They also joke in the 4-koma, saying that the series is continuing because the anime's still airing and the last volume isn't full yet, so maybe that's a hint as to how long it'll last (at one page per issue).

Edit: At my count, Vol 25 will cover 263-273/4 and Vol 26 will cover 275-279 with over 100 pages left to fill. So that could mean over 2 years of 4-koma, though I can't imagine they'd want to delay volume 26 release that long. Will probably have at least one One Shot in it (Asou has done quite a few).
 
Last edited:

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
Leak from this issue with the Saiki 4-koma says that Saiki is the series that took the longest to serialize in Jump history, taking 12 years from the first one shot, and 7 OS appearances before it was serialized. They also joke in the 4-koma, saying that the series is continuing because the anime's still airing and the last volume isn't full yet, so maybe that's a hint as to how long it'll last (at one page per issue).
Oh yeah I remember all the one shot for each of Saiki's power
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think Jump Rising is the answer to many new manga cancelations

I still have the premonition Noah's Notes is going to be a success
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
If it's not Ikezawa, I think most people will said Noah's Notes will be 10 chapters and done. :3c:3c:3c
After the preview, Ziga look the most interesting out of three now.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Noah's Note main girl is Jougasaki Mika! Even the twin-tails in some pictures is the same! XD


Mika is better designed though. :P
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If it's not Ikezawa, I think most people will said Noah's Notes will be 10 chapters and done. :3c:3c:3c
After the preview, Ziga look the most interesting out of three now.
I didn't know Ikezawa had all this credit. :3c
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,301
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I can't wait for Noah's Notes to have a pretty good promising beginning then flop over in true Ikezawa 'I have no idea how to keep a series interesting after the intro' fashion.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Since it is about Archeology, I hope it is something like Fossil Fighters, the main girl looks similar! :derp
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
From the preview images, we can expect Ziga-Ziga playing the damsel in distress trope in the first chapter already?
I hope it surprises me and go the other way, but it doesn't look promising.

I think Noah's Notes may be fun if it goes the adventure way, since I miss the good old adventures in Jump. I mean, we sure have many sucessful battle manga atm, but I don't consider any of them as adventure mangas. One Piece was once, but IMHO it isn't anymore.
Don't let me down, Ikezawa.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top