Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
This must be the next new campaign they're trying: "JUMP RISING". I understand this is also set to coincide with the 50th anniversary but isn't it too early to start giving new series PVs after the first chapter? Bozebeats and Act-Age didn't get this.
Great idea if you ask me
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One Piece is not an adventure manga? That's an unorthodox opinion, to say the least.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
For some reason, as same as I have the sensation Noah Notes is going to be a success, I have the same sensation the other new mangas are going to be axe fodder.

Maybe they'll last longer because ''Jump Rising'', but dunno.

EDIT: For some reason (spanish stuff here), when I see again Noah Notes, I think in Tadeo Jones lol
 
Last edited:

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
May 2 :

Black Clover - Fanbook - Hajimari no Sho
Black Clover #16
Food Fighter Tabelu #07
Musume he, Shôrai Shi ni Takunattara Koitsu wo Yome - Moto Jump Sakka ga Ikuji ni Sei wo Dashitemita
Shônen Jump ni Jinsei Kaketemita
Spring Weapon No 1 #07 (Fin)

June 4 :
Chi no Soko no Mahôtsukai #01
Chihaya-san wa Sono Mama de Ii #04
Dôrei Yûgi #04
Dragon Ball Super #06
Gintama #73
Hoshi no Ôjisama #02
Jigokuraku #02
Kimetsu no Yaiba #11
Kinnikuman #63
Kiss x Death #07 (End)
Majo no Kaigashû #02
Märchen Mädchen #02
Mukidashi no Hakuchô #02
One Piece #89
One Piece Party #04
Otome no Teikoku #13
Please Take My Brother Away
Rocking On!! #01
Saguri-chan Tankentai #02
Seija no Kôshin #02
Shinmai Nitta Ism #01
Shuukyoku Engage #05
The Promised Neverland #09
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene #02
Twin Star Exorcists #15
Yoru no Kagi #01
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Shônen Jump ni Jinsei Kaketemita
I wonder what could that be. Maybe the special book about 50 years I've been fanboying some pages ago?
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I hope Neverland has a timeskip in the future with Emma growing her hair out since apparently being a tomboy isn't considered being a girl. What to say that jump readers don't see her as a girl? Source? Sorry but this is just nonsense and I'm tired to see it every damn time this kind of discussion pops up.
Neverlad has a main female protagonist that recently has even more paneltime than what she already had (which was plenty), period. I don't care about the quality or what people think about the manga, that's not the point!!!! Good, bad, that doesn't change this particular aspect of the manga, Emma is a female character in a shounen with proper plot focus, she isn't cheering on the side and letting the boys do all the work, give credits where it's due and values women' opinions for once.
Sorry I got worked up but like I said I'm tired.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
One Piece is not an adventure manga? That's an unorthodox opinion, to say the least.
One Piece has great adventures, but I feel that since the timeskip its main genre isn't adventure anymore: apart from Zou arc it's just battle battle and battle.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Oda or think One Piece is bad because of this. It's the natural progression of the story.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They should always do PVs for new series imo. Why not? What's the harm?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
https://mantan-web.jp/article/20180305dog00m200034000c.html
Coming in double issue 21/22 on April 23rd officially.
OMG I'M ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, LETS GOOOO. This looks very promising, like he actually wants to make this into a full fledged series. It's not one of those goofy comedies.

Apparently he wanted to do this...

I never been so pumped for a one shot. Toriko started out as a one shot too. Imagine the potential this series could have? Like there's a lot you can do with this series and imagine how big the merch for this series can be. I know I'm thinking way ahead but can't blame me, the GOAT is back. With Shimabu's creativity this is going to be awesome.
 
Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
They should always do PVs for new series imo. Why not? What's the harm?
It takes resources to make them, and most of them won't have worthwhile returns.
OMG I'M ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, LETS GOOOO. This looks very promising, like he actually wants to make this into a full fledged series. It's not one of those goofy comedies.

Apparently he wanted to do this...

I never been so pumped for a one shot. Toriko started out as a one shot too. Imagine the potential this series could have? Like there's a lot you can do with this series and imagine how big the merch for this series can be. I know I'm thinking way ahead but can't blame me, the GOAT is back. With Shimabu's creativity this is going to be awesome.
It's a one shot, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It takes resources to make them, and most of them won't have worthwhile returns.

It's a one shot, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
They're making a 30 second preview not some anime lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
From the preview images, we can expect Ziga-Ziga playing the damsel in distress trope in the first chapter already?
I hope it surprises me and go the other way, but it doesn't look promising.

I think Noah's Notes may be fun if it goes the adventure way, since I miss the good old adventures in Jump. I mean, we sure have many sucessful battle manga atm, but I don't consider any of them as adventure mangas. One Piece was once, but IMHO it isn't anymore.
Don't let me down, Ikezawa.
Bro they still travel island to island in the New World. One Piece hasn't changed
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
All shonens suffer a decline (usually big) after a TS. It's a curse so I don't want the TPN going there. Like most of the TS's are unnecessary and are just done for the sake of it. (so I guess it's not much of a curse but just poor decisions by the editor (?))

I think HxH/OP is the exception. It seems like HZ is too but the TS just started a while ago right? One Piece's Fishman Island arc was enjoyed a lot by the Japanese and it was a good arc. I loved Punk Hazard and Zou. Dressrosa was great but felt slow quite a bit.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Rocking On!! #01
I knew this oneshot was going to get a series just based on the amount of discussion it had on Japanese sites


I was so sure it was getting serialized I saved the author profile pic so I could post it when when the series gets announced



Ishikawa Kaori (Rocking On) favorite manga: Medaka Box, Shaman King, Katte ni Kaizou

well, another artist from Rookies gets a series, the oneshot is still on the rookies site if anyone care to check it out

https://rookie.shonenjump.com/series/FlR8CfEM9rI
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All shonens suffer a decline (usually big) after a TS. It's a curse so I don't want the TPN going there. Like most of the TS's are unnecessary and are just done for the sake of it. (so I guess it's not much of a curse but just poor decisions by the editor (?))

I think HxH/OP is the exception. It seems like HZ is too but the TS just started a while ago right? One Piece's Fishman Island arc was enjoyed a lot by the Japanese and it was a good arc. I loved Punk Hazard and Zou. Dressrosa was great but felt slow quite a bit.
I see the opposite, people hate that arc or rather it was unfortunate that it came after Marineford so anything after would have seemed lackluster.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
All shonens suffer a decline (usually big) after a TS. It's a curse so I don't want the TPN going there. Like most of the TS's are unnecessary and are just done for the sake of it. (so I guess it's not much of a curse but just poor decisions by the editor (?))

I think HxH/OP is the exception. It seems like HZ is too but the TS just started a while ago right? One Piece's Fishman Island arc was enjoyed a lot by the Japanese and it was a good arc. I loved Punk Hazard and Zou. Dressrosa was great but felt slow quite a bit.
Dragon Ball was great after the Tournament 23 timeskip
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope Neverland has a timeskip in the future with Emma growing her hair out since apparently being a tomboy isn't considered being a girl. What to say that jump readers don't see her as a girl?
Uhm I hope we dont get a time skip just for that reason.

I dont understand the rest of what you say, weird if thats truly how people see femcharacters. Seems like an unfair viewpoint for those readers to have.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I knew this oneshot was going to get a series just based on the amount of discussion it had on Japanese sites


I was so sure it was getting serialized I saved the author profile pic so I could post it when when the series gets announced



Ishikawa Kaori (Rocking On) favorite manga: Medaka Box, Shaman King, Katte ni Kaizou

well, another artist from Rookies gets a series, the oneshot is still on the rookies site if anyone care to check it out

https://rookie.shonenjump.com/series/FlR8CfEM9rI
They confirmed it was getting serialized months ago back when the oneshot was first published, it even says so in that tweet you linked.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Jujutsu Kaisen is actually pretty awesome for a shikigami exorcism series especially since Yuji was strong enough to fight all these things just with raw strength alone rather than magic tools and devices, swords and other objects of the occultic origin.

Fushigoro is actually awesome too with his shikigami dogs. Please survive, this is the best start of a manga we've had in ages. Its as good as Bozebeats 1 was.

Looking forward to chp2 to see how he will meld with the abilities like Rin Okumura*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top