Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
^Orange Road says hi

I think Act-Age cover is generic and boring, it's just a close up of the mc face
just like the series itself.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
^Orange Road says hi

I think Act-Age cover is generic and boring, it's just a close up of the mc face
The composition of the cover is extremely good.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The composition of the cover is extremely good.
>put something in front of a white background
>write the name in cursive
>done

not saying it's bad, but it's pretty hard messing up the composition of such a basic product
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
The Act-age cover is decent. The mouth is a little weird but the eyes are rather well done. Its the Bozebeats one that is weird. The kid never used the weapons to his left and also doesn't get the gatling gun until chapter 11, which might not even make this volume. Hirano must have had a lot more weapons he wanted to draw. There's people on 5ch saying this cover is fraud because of the weapons.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I like the Act-Age cover. Makes me sad, knowing that it will soon end.

Also if the next chapters in OP are about the Reverie, I've lost a bet. Expected it to happen AFTER Wano Kuni. Damn.

On top of my baby goat sacrifice I'm praying to Cthulu every night for this GG serilaization so I can only leave it in his hands at this point
Does Cthulhu even have hands? He looks more like as if he's mostly tentacles.
Also, praying to him won't work. Dude is still sleeping in R'lyeh, deep down in the ocean. I can tell, because we're not all going mad currently.

Wow that bozebeats cover is one of the hottest covers in years.
This one vs the latest Boruto one-
Which one is your favourite?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Also if the next chapters in OP are about the Reverie, I've lost a bet. Expected it to happen AFTER Wano Kuni. Damn.
Disappointed, it looks like you need to go back to One Piece 102, who let you out early?
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I like the Act-Age cover. Makes me sad, knowing that it will soon end.
Act-age is doing a Bangaihen in GIGA. I'm not sure they'll do something like that if they didn't plan to keep it around for a few rounds. One thing to remember about the TOC is that its also done with the current chapters in mind. If the Deputy EiC feels like a certain chapter isn't as interesting, they may put it at the back or its possible that an exciting chapter is placed in the back to get people to at least flip through a smaller/struggling series. The problem with the whole rankings theory is that this aspect is ignored. Sure a newer series placed at the back is a bad sign and can mean cancellation and a bigger series suddenly being put towards the back can mean that people aren't liking current developments, but there is much more to this, or at least I'd like to think so.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
New interview with Kaiu Shirai & Posuka Demizu:
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
I'm really rooting for Act-Age to pull off some kind of upset, or at the very least, get up to the 30K Club. I think Cross Account sold just barely to little for it to stick around as a bottom-dweller for a bit longer. Act-Age is different, risky, and I genuinely enjoy what's been going on in it.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This one vs the latest Boruto one-
Which one is your favourite?
Why are you asking such a hard question at this 6am hour, I cant.

I think Im leaning more towards Boruto cause of that cool pose and he has that cool bad boy look to him. But then so does Tamaki, its so hard to choose!!!!1
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm a madman who has spent 70€ in Shonen Jump Book Volumen 1 exhibition artbook. And I want to repeat the same for Volumes 2 and 3.

I still haven't the book (coming in 2 weeks), but here is a summary picture which one guy who has the book shared.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Where did you buy it? eBbay I assume? I'm jealous!
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,722
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Where did you buy it? eBbay I assume? I'm jealous!
Takamura Store online shop, after searching for it.

Now I should search for Volume 2. Volume 3 won't be out until summer.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
ジャンプ展 VOL.2 告知ムービー
Jump Exhibition VOL.2 Announcement Video

Weirdly silent...:hmm
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Hey guys, how about that Act Age cover... Very pretty..

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top