Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
What's so good about rehashing the same cliche plots over and over again and What's so funny about rehashing the same cliche jokes over and over again have in common?

One person trash is another person's treasure and there are people from both sides. It is THAT simple.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What's so good about rehashing the same cliche plots over and over again and What's so funny about rehashing the same cliche jokes over and over again have in common?

One person trash is another person's treasure and there are people from both sides. It is THAT simple.
is it still a treasure if it gets rushed and ends before chp 20 for being generic?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
is it still a treasure if it gets rushed and ends before chp 20 for being generic?
Didn't you consider Stealth Symphony (21 but close enough), Bozebeat, Demon's Plan, Poro, Buddy Strike treasures? Or masterpieces?

If yes then you just answered your own question.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Stealth Symphony
That was meant to be a short series. Everything concluded in a unrushed and fully explained manner. Was perfect.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
is it still a treasure if it gets rushed and ends before chp 20 for being generic?
Black Clover is pretty generic as a BS and survived to be a success when most people thought it would die so idk.

And I like BC, one of my favorite things on SJ but it uses plenty of things of it's predecessors and it's cliche at the same time that it uses new ones.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone got the CP for Count Over one shot?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Nemesis, post: 4796009, member: 178837" at the same time that it uses new ones.[/QUOTE]

Such as? Black Clover has been cool as of late but I can't think of a single thing in the series that hasn't been done better in countless other manga.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
They have added Act-tage as one of titles which are going to show in Jump Exhibition Volume 3. Bozebeats, or any of the other 2018 new titles aren't for the moment listed (Lycopene is in the list).

Can this be another signal of Act-tage surviving?
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Black Clover is pretty generic as a BS and survived to be a success when most people thought it would die so idk.
What? Some people here where hyped for Black Clover when they post Viz preview here and Tabata has a small following for the Hungry Joker one shot (like Moue have one for the Galaxy Gangs one shot).
And I remember people saying back then that it was the perfect moment to serialize a battle shonen.
 

Eracuel

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2014
Messages
100
Reaction score
145
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
So Black Clover was supposed to become one of the bigshots in the "shonen party" ? Well there is still a long way to go imo...
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I've never understood why anyone liked Hungry Joker, I'll still see people lament thay it was cancelled. It wasn't as bad as early Black Clover but it was still a wreck.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
They have added Act-tage as one of titles which are going to show in Jump Exhibition Volume 3. Bozebeats, or any of the other 2018 new titles aren't for the moment listed (Lycopene is in the list).

Can this be another signal of Act-tage surviving?
I hope so. I've been enjoying the addition of the rival girl, as well as showing some of the other set characters on a recurring basis. Plus, I feel like the character artwork has improved since the beginning and I've noticed that more detailed backgrounds have been getting added. I'd say Act-Age will last at least as long as Cross Account and Shudan did, so a 4 volume minimum. It looks like at the very least, Act-Age will be able to avoid being added to that image of the U-19 Club lol.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've never understood why anyone liked Hungry Joker, I'll still see people lament thay it was cancelled. It wasn't as bad as early Black Clover but it was still a wreck.
Cute character design.
Cool first arc
Science.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I've never understood why anyone liked Hungry Joker, I'll still see people lament thay it was cancelled. It wasn't as bad as early Black Clover but it was still a wreck.
Usually it's the oneshot that gets praise, I don't think anyone genuinely liked the serialised version.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Outta these current series in Jump how many do y'all think will still be serialized 5 years from now?
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Outta these current series in Jump how many do y'all think will still be serialized 5 years from now?
I see HxH, OP and maybe Boruto remaining from the current line-up. Heroaca and BC might stick around but I don't think Horikoshi and Tabata want, nor need to, needlessly drag out their stories. The same for the rest as they will simply wear out their premises if they run for more than 5 years.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Outta these current series in Jump how many do y'all think will still be serialized 5 years from now?
haikyuu, ziga, boruto, jujutsu, and BLack Clover, are the guaranteed ones I see around in five years.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Outta these current series in Jump how many do y'all think will still be serialized 5 years from now?
I see HxH, OP and maybe Boruto remaining from the current line-up. Heroaca and BC might stick around but I don't think Horikoshi and Tabata want, nor need to, needlessly drag out their stories. The same for the rest as they will simply wear out their premises if they run for more than 5 years.
I'd say this list is probably the most realistic. I can't see anything else particularly going on for quite that long. Some may be 3-4 years tops, but besides those Iceemperor mentioned, I'd say the lineup will be pretty much all new stuff 5 years from now.
haikyuu, ziga, boruto, jujutsu, and BLack Clover, are the guaranteed ones I see around in five years.
Lol. Ziga could easily be gone 5 weeks from now, let alone 5 years from now.
 

Sheep1

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2018
Messages
81
Reaction score
28
Age
32
Country
United Kingdom
I see HxH, OP and maybe Boruto remaining from the current line-up. Heroaca and BC might stick around but I don't think Horikoshi and Tabata want, nor need to, needlessly drag out their stories. The same for the rest as they will simply wear out their premises if they run for more than 5 years.
Possibly World Trigger as well. But that's down to when Ashihara can make a comeback.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Possibly World Trigger as well. But that's down to when Ashihara can make a comeback.
I always forget that this is on hiatus and not ended. I never followed it, but what are the odds that it'll come back within the next year?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top