Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
Yeah, Shogukeki no Sanji was weird, I was left with a strange feeling of "That's it...?" after reading it. You'd think for this kind of cross-promotional one-shot, or what it is supposed be, between the biggest series ever and one of the stronger series left in Jump, you'd put some more effort into the scenario writing and just... doing anything fun with it.
 
Last edited:

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Its possible there were outside pressures on the Soma team. I'd think Oda would be fine with anything but OP is huge. There might be some parties somewhere that didn't want to see existing characters getting stripped (though you then have those figures). Oda might have also simply asked for something like this.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
It was weird but what's weirder is the Shokugeki manga itself, in a bad way. No sense of direction and I'm really hoping the Japanese fans don't eat this up. I want to see how the volume sales are going to be with the anime seemingly done and the recent events.
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
Its possible there were outside pressures on the Soma team. I'd think Oda would be fine with anything but OP is huge. There might be some parties somewhere that didn't want to see existing characters getting stripped (though you then have those figures). Oda might have also simply asked for something like this.
Maybe, but then again, there was also that 2015 Soma one-shot that featured multiple Jump heroines, and Nami had one of the more explicit foodgasms in that one, so I dunno.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
It was weird but what's weirder is the Shokugeki manga itself, in a bad way. No sense of direction and I'm really hoping the Japanese fans don't eat this up. I want to see how the volume sales are going to be with the anime seemingly done and the recent events.
Bruh lmao you bring this up every week. You literally just swerved the topic so you could complain again.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why did the editorial team think that Momiji not going to be around much longer was the best bet from Jump Giga? Much more promsing minis and oneshot from that mag....
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Bruh lmao you bring this up every week. You literally just swerved the topic so you could complain again.
Well I'm actually interested in seeing the volume sales & Japanese reaction but yeah I got a hate boner for the series. :3c
 

Mori takai

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
188
Reaction score
53
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Getting ready to leave to the exhibit to take Pictures of other series this time but right before then seems like Jump is promoting all the series "they call the best/Popular" I'm wondering why we don't see Beelzebub or Medaka box weren't those popular when they came out ? also Happy Bleach day everyone :verily

Edit in my opinion this would be perfect if Promise Never land got more promo the manga is a fun read and I'm really enjoying it but I completely understand why Jump isn't doing that since they want to see how the anime dose and if it has a lasting impression on views like the other legendary works ( which it will if the studio handles everything well)
 
Last edited:

GinAce

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
81
Age
29
Country
Canada
Yeah, Shogukeki no Sanji was weird, I was left with a strange feeling of "That's it...?" after reading it. You'd think for this kind of cross-promotional one-shot, or what it is supposed be, between the biggest series ever and one of the stronger series left in Jump, you'd put some more effort into the scenario writing and just... doing anything fun with it.
can you share the link for the raws please.
 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
So we gotta wait on the news for a OP 2019 Movie correct?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Considering how he constantly expands and prolongs stuff doing that. And is inaccurate in these things

This just confirms tons of people's belief of 8-10 more years atleast
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
So we gotta wait on the news for a OP 2019 Movie correct?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Considering how he constantly expands and prolongs stuff doing that. And is inaccurate in these things

This just confirms tons of people's belief of 8-10 more years atleast
I think it will last for 5 more years at most. That's my prediction at least...
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I think Oda counts the percents by how many arcs have passed, FI, PH, Dressrosa, Zou, WCI and Reverie each worth 5% and there are 4 arcs left with different amounts of chapters. My guess is that One piece finishes around chapter 1200.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
The percentages of Oda count relatively, since it shoots new ones every tot.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guess 2020 for one piece ending. Manga sales will collapse once it ends.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
60% in 2010, 65% in 2016 and now 80% in 2018. Yep, that makes sense. *smh*
I'm guessing he talks more from arcs that finish.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I said this when Horikoshi was talking about MHA’s percent through the series.

When authors say that I think they’re basing the percentages on highlighted events they set through out the series.
Like if a series is 200 hundred chapters and the author says “it’s 50% done”. I don’t think he’s literally saying the series will end at chapter 400. He most likely just means he considers the current events to be the halfway mark. However he can’t predict how many chapters future arcs and events will take.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top