Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 618 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangAniMY

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The image used for Murata is accurate

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Can anyone explain the Gintama drama thing? It's a different thing from the Live Action a while back right? Same Casts?

Is it like a TV-Drama with multiple episodes in a season? How long are they? Thanks

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Can anyone explain the Gintama drama thing? It's a different thing from the Live Action a while back right? Same Casts?

Is it like a TV-Drama with multiple episodes in a season? How long are they? Thanks
the dTV drama are just specials with the same cast, they also did it with the first movie where they cover the Okita's sister arc called Gintama : Mitsuba-hen, It does not relate to the movies IIRC

It was 3 episodes with around 18 minutes each.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Wait... Is that Nana Shimura I see? Oh god, now I badly want the Manga Editors to pick it up.

Mori takai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Next up Today is One Piece day in japan

https://shonenjump-ten.com/vol3/fan.html

Once again Here is the list of series getting fan appreciation days
July 20 (Friday) "BLEACH" DAY (complete)
July 27 (Friday) "ONE PIECE" DAY
August 3 (Friday) "My Hero Accademia" DAY
August 7 (Tuesday) "D.Gray-man" DAY
August 10 (Friday) "HUNTER × HUNTER" DAY
August 17 (Friday) "Gintama" DAY
August 21 (Tuesday) "NARUTO" DAY
August 24 (Friday) "DEATH NOTE" DAY
August 28 (Tuesday) "Katekyo Hitman REBORN!" DAY
September 4 (Tuesday) "The Prince of Tennis" DAY
September 11 (Tuesday) "Kuroko no Basket" DAY
September 18 (Tuesday) "Haikyuu" DAY

once again for those wondering why certain series are not in here ( Toriko, BC etc ) shueisha wanted to give thanks to the fans of these 12 series in particular who shown tremendous support and love for them and that's why its happening

Edit also its only for series in the 2000s ( I think they already did one for the 90s)

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oh, Jujutsu 18 by Jaimni is out

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Some collab PVs for the Jump exhibitions by Characters from different series that shared the same voice actors

Naruto Uzumaki [Naruto] X Lambo [Reborn!]

Yū Nishinoya [Haikyuu!!] X Katsuki Bakugo [My Hero Academia]

Hijikata Toushirou [Gintama] X Roronoa Zoro [One Piece]

Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez [Bleach] X Keigo Atobe [Prince of Tennis]

Last edited:

DyanSon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Some collab PVs for the Jump exhibitions by Characters from different series that shared the same voice actors

Naruto Uzumaki [Naruto] X Lambo [Reborn!]

Yū Nishinoya [Haikyuu!!] X Katsuki Bakugo [My Hero Academia]

Hijikata Toushirou [Gintama] X Roronoa Zoro [One Piece]

Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez [Bleach] X Keigo Atobe [Prince of Tennis]
Okamoto shouting on himself feels weird.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Akiyama can mimic Hori's style well when she feels like it, her drawing style in Saguri-chan is pretty different than this

weird how a movie related manga is being drawn by someone other than the original author

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Akiyama can mimic Hori's style well when she feels like it, her drawing style in Saguri-chan is pretty different than this

weird how a movie related manga is being drawn by someone other than the original author
horikoshi would die if he had to draw everything

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Speaking of Jump manga that got movies.
Someone posted some old ToC's last week and one of them had Ninku: Second Stage on it.
I was under the impression that Second Stage only ran in Ultra Jump. Was this a proto Steel Ball Run situation where the series didn't do well in WSJ and got moved to Ultra Jump? Also when did Second Stage begin and end in WSJ?

I fucking love Ninku and always wanted to read Second Stage. Always hoping it'll get an anime remake.
Here's the database I've been slowly working on that I posted here I while ago.

It seems the original manga is split into Ninku First Stage (Named this after Second Stage began) and Ninku Second Stage, and then there's a sequel manga called Ninku Second Stage... lol. But basically Ninku is 80 chapters long, with First Stage running from 1993 issue 26 to 1994 30, a One Shot that bridged the gap between the two stages was published in 1994 45, then Second Stage ran from 1994 51 to 1995 38. So there was a break, and they were treated as separate series in the magazine, but the volumes just compile the whole thing, and all sources say the series' serialization run was from 1993 26 to 1995 38, ignoring the break.

Ninku begins, Ninku ends. One Shot. Ninku Second Stage Begins (cover says second stage), Ninku Second Stage ends.

-Why did Sexy Commando get its own room and his author get an interview when Sexy Comando is literally in 70th place (Tar-chan has more sales, BoBoBo has more sales, Jaguar has more sales, etc).
Sexy Commando is also like 1/4 the length of any of those... Go on average sales per volume and Sexy Commando crushes them all. In fact it's up there with there best selling comedy series in Jump period, and since its run AC is the only one to outdo it (and that's a tough comparison because AC isn't really a gag manga like the rest).
Sexy Commando: 7 mil in 7 volumes=1 mil avg.
Bobo + Shin: 7 mil in 28 vols=250k avg.
Shin Tar-chan: 7 mil in 20 vols (can't find data on the original)=350k avg.
Jaguar: 8.5 mil in 20 vols=425k avg.
Assassination Classroom: 25 mil in 21 vols=1.19 mil avg.

Also interesting to see how this was reflected during its serialization. From all the data I have currently (1996-2018) it got its first non-debut cover on chapter 8, making it one of the fastest series to ever get its second cover. It also received 5 covers not including its debut during its first year, putting it up there with the big hitters.
Some comparisons for number of covers in first year, and when each got their first:
Toriko: 6, first at 12
Eyeshield: 5, first at 15
Ichigo 100%: 1, first at 8
HxH: 5, first at 10
OP: 6, first at 12
I's: 6, first at 7
Sexy Commando: 5, first at 8

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
One of the video above.... now with subs

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Basically they're short sorta "OVA"s that run to promote the movie online. They're the same cast as the movies and usually just three or so episodes long. I dunno how long they are but I'd assume 30 minutes? The first time around I think they adapted the Mitsuba arc, and this time they're just doing three random chapters of the manga.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Otoko Ippiki chapter 5 is out by HnG

Status
Not open for further replies.