Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Yeah, it's unfortunate.
Just wondering. I feel like we discussed that there’s usually a pattern of mangaka not returning after having 3 failed series
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
There's supposedly an original character set to be introduced in Sumou's anime: a cat.:-_-

I read about an original character and start getting angry at the staff and then I find out its a cat:facepalm
 

Haru Hana

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 15, 2018
Messages
45
Reaction score
26
Age
33
Country
The Wall
Thank you for reading me to the end. See you next time. (Haruto).
Many thought Noah's Note will be the only survivor or even the next big thing while Jujutsu and Act-Age will be axed due to poorly first chapter. Crazy how things had changed. Act-Age still has a small chance to survive while Jujutsu probably becomes the next WSJ flagship if nothing goes wrong.
 

LuckyJim

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2018
Messages
326
Reaction score
366
Age
30
Country
Buy Moria
Just wondering. I feel like we discussed that there’s usually a pattern of mangaka not returning after having 3 failed series
I know, that's why I said it was unfortunate. Ikezawa probably won't be coming back to Jump for his next series.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
So

The TOC is true ?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
There's supposedly an original character set to be introduced in Sumou's anime: a cat.:-_-

I read about an original character and start getting angry at the staff and then I find out its a cat:facepalm
Cat sumo spin off confirmed :cheez
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
There's supposedly an original character set to be introduced in Sumou's anime: a cat.:-_-

I read about an original character and start getting angry at the staff and then I find out its a cat:facepalm
Guessing this came from 2ch? I'm so confused because I'm wondering what the point of even adding a cat OC is, like what purpose would it even serve.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Guessing this came from 2ch? I'm so confused because I'm wondering what the point of even adding a cat OC is, like what purpose would it even serve.
Mascot?
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
So I’ll take that this is also Tanaka Seiji’s first ranking huh? Not bad, now I just hope it keeps momentum
 

crazybear1337

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
5
Age
28
Country
Mexico
Thank you for reading me to the end. See you next time. (Haruto).
I liked the first chapter, sadly the Templar stuff got introduced and lost interest on it.
Hope he comes back, in Jump+ or any other form.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Ikezawa ending Noah's notes makes me wonder how mangaka with three failed series get by during those in-between years. I mean Horikoshi basically went into Heroaca with an all or nothing attitude and luckily managed a hit, that too a huge one, and now is loaded but I can't think it's a good state of mind, being cancelled three times. Those three times, it also felt like he didn't really have his full 120% in it either, to me at least.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,718
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
So, Tanaka Seiji ranked over Haikyuu in it first ToC lol. And Momiji over Shokugeki

Also, Act-tage ranking 5th and getting color pages next issue
 
Last edited:

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Many thought Noah's Note will be the only survivor or even the next big thing while Jujutsu and Act-Age will be axed due to poorly first chapter. Crazy how things had changed. Act-Age still has a small chance to survive while Jujutsu probably becomes the next WSJ flagship if nothing goes wrong.
haha very true. I thought that Jujutsu Kaisen would get cancelled and Act-Age I was more cherring for it.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,558
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
That's not an argument.
I juar wanna know why this should be considered a struggle..
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Can we discuss which studios and staff we want to see receive We Never Learn and Dr.Stone(since it’s next in line for an anime and is going to be in the announcement territory soon)
Bokuben - Someone like Lerche or Shaft?

Dr. Stone - Really hard to say. A lot of people are saying Toei and I can see why, but the studio is fairly busy. Sunrise? Honestly,I don't know what to expect, but I feel like we might be surprised. They can just give it a regular 1-2 cour anime or they'll go the long running route.

Look like tocs its the good.


And so big news for We Never Learn in #39 confirmed.

I wonder if Ikezawa is going to go to Jump+ or if he'll just go to a different publisher. At least Act-Age and Jujutsu are doing well at the moment, I've been enjoying them more and more.


There's supposedly an original character set to be introduced in Sumou's anime: a cat.:-_-

I read about an original character and start getting angry at the staff and then I find out its a cat:facepalm
Introducing an original mascot character is always a bad omen.

haha very true. I thought that Jujutsu Kaisen would get cancelled and Act-Age I was more cherring for it.
I'm quite satisfied with this outcome, I can definitely root for both Jujutsu and Act-Age, I think they're very good. I wasn't convinced at first when it comes to Jujutsu, but it quickly won me over and now I'm glad that it's doing really well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top