Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
You know what's really weird? The fact that Act-Age is the oldest thing in the magazine that doesn't have an anime. :SOON
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Yeah Yonkou has evidence just like he had for OPM airing in 2020. I believe he has his sources to some of the stuff but most of the time he's a fucking liar.
Don’t think he lies.
Whenever he’s wrong I do think that he genuinely believed his information was correct
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don’t think he lies.
Whenever he’s wrong I do think that he genuinely believed his information was correct
He has no reason to lie really.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He has no reason to lie really.
what reason is there to not explicitly say that staff and studio? Unless his source is some random forum post that one could search for if he said the staff and studio, then there really is never any reason to not explicitly say it.
 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
Back to Weekly Shonen Jump discussions, I've been enjoying Kimetsu so far but I forget when everyone said it kicks off at a certain chapter. Anyone think it'll be in ESJ someday? I guess Haikyu!! would be first lol
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Back to Weekly Shonen Jump discussions, I've been enjoying Kimetsu so far but I forget when everyone said it kicks off at a certain chapter. Anyone think it'll be in ESJ someday? I guess Haikyu!! would be first lol
According to the TOC it kicked off in chapter 24 when Zenitsu appeared everyone else during the Spider arc shortly after.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Back to Weekly Shonen Jump discussions, I've been enjoying Kimetsu so far but I forget when everyone said it kicks off at a certain chapter. Anyone think it'll be in ESJ someday? I guess Haikyu!! would be first lol
Spider arc, like chapter 28. That would be covered in volume 4 & 5. Togashi's recommendation came in the 4th volume, some people say it helped but I would say the spider arc is what really helped it more.

It'll arrive in ESJ when the anime airs, definitely 2019 IMO. I dont see it happening before.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You know what's really weird? The fact that Act-Age is the oldest thing in the magazine that doesn't have an anime. :SOON
It will get one, sooner or later, and it will hopefully be very good and entertaining.
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Back to Weekly Shonen Jump discussions, I've been enjoying Kimetsu so far but I forget when everyone said it kicks off at a certain chapter. Anyone think it'll be in ESJ someday? I guess Haikyu!! would be first lol
I was pretty certain Viz would add Haikyu to ESJ too but they're slowing down now (Volume 29 released November, 30 releases January, 31 March, etc) so they're still about a year behind but now going the same pace as Japan so unless they're about to add Haikyu or know of a S4 coming and are waiting for that I think we have to settle for volumes unfortunately.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If viz was going to add Haikyuu!! they would have done it by now. The ship set sail.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm so happy Bones got the MHA anime. Imagine what horrible things Toei or Pierrot would've done to it if they had it.
Yeah, imagine if a dbs broly could happen with such visuals. Or a excellent show like hugtto precure and it's movie. Or a very good reimagination of kitaro.:hmm

Or a better condition of work, union and such than what exists at bones since only kyoani is comparable in salary and others parts of the workers for the staff.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Yeah, imagine if a dbs broly could happen with such visuals. Or a excellent show like hugtto precure and it's movie. Or a very good reimagination of kitaro.:hmm

Or a better condition of work, union and such than what exists at bones since only kyoani is comparable in salary and others parts of the workers for the staff.
At the end of the day, Bones makes the better products, at least that's true with their shonen adaptations. The entire anime industry has really bad working conditions, with some exceptions and Bones is one of the better studios in that aspect.

Let's ignore how horribly inconsistent Toei's present day shonen adaptations seem to be. They would have destroyed MHA. Even if Toei has the best working conditions in the industry, it won't mean their anime will necessarily be any good as well.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Hey guys, I saw the other lurker join in so I'm here as well.

Favorite Manga/Anime: Gintama, Natsune Yuujinchou, 3-Gatsu no Lion.

Best newer series: Act-age, Kimetsu

Unpopular opinion: Berserk is overrated

Opinion on Chainsaw: Fresh, really good.

Opinion on BC vs BnHA: Both are really good, although BnHA is losing me a bit with the recent developments.

I probably missed some other fun ways to introduce myself but whatever, I gotta get to the point.

I came here to just post a question. Is SharkBait 12, genuinely rarted, or a huge troll? Because I have nothing against opinions, but he/she seems to contradict themselves like 50% of the time and it's getting a bit annoying if also funny.

Nice to meet you all.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Hey guys, I saw the other lurker join in so I'm here as well.

Favorite Manga/Anime: Gintama, Natsune Yuujinchou, 3-Gatsu no Lion.

Best newer series: Act-age, Kimetsu

Unpopular opinion: Berserk is overrated

Opinion on Chainsaw: Fresh, really good.

Opinion on BC vs BnHA: Both are really good, although BnHA is losing me a bit with the recent developments.

I probably missed some other fun ways to introduce myself but whatever, I gotta get to the point.

I came here to just post a question. Is SharkBait 12, genuinely rarted, or a huge troll? Because I have nothing against opinions, but he/she seems to contradict themselves like 50% of the time and it's getting a bit annoying if also funny.

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome aboard mate!
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
At the end of the day, Bones makes the better products, at least that's true with their shonen adaptations. The entire anime industry has really bad working conditions, with some exceptions and Bones is one of the better studios in that aspect.

Let's ignore how horribly inconsistent Toei's present day shonen adaptations seem to be. They would have destroyed MHA. Even if Toei has the best working conditions in the industry, it won't mean their anime will necessarily be any good as well.
Kitaro is a shonen adaptation though? hehe But I was mostly showing that they have good and great things out there outside of it. I don't really want them to pick those property either since I want a new kyosou giga and other original projects instead. lol

But at the same time, I would love to see some property on jump to be on the same level of the precure movie and dbs broly from this year which are some of the best things in animation this year, with precure having one of the best CG on anime.


 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Act age I only just started catching up on today (I'm currently on ch 11) but it would really need a studio who's good at facial expressions to shine. Not sure who's best for that though.
Studio feel (oregairu s2, hinamatsuri) or Shaft would be great.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Kitaro is a shonen adaptation though? hehe But I was mostly showing that they have good and great things out there outside of it. I don't really want them to pick those property either since I want a new kyosou giga and other original projects instead. lol

But at the same time, I would love to see some property on jump to be on the same level of the precure movie and dbs broly from this year which are some of the best things in animation this year, with precure having one of the best CG on anime.
I never said Kitaro was shonen adaptation. You were the one that brought it up in the discussion(edit: I did misunderstand what you were trying to say about Kitaro). Movies always tend to have much higher production values, because they are movies.
 
Last edited:

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
I'm so happy Bones got the MHA anime. Imagine what horrible things Toei or Pierrot would've done to it if they had it.
Agree. But still, does anyone find S3 to have downgraded visuals/animation/direction compared to S2? No hate, I'm just a little disappointed. Maybe it's because of the movie? Lots of my friends (okay, two) dropped it before the OfA vs AfO battle even happened because they said it wasn't as good, which in my opinion is the anime adaptation's fault.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Kitaro is a shonen adaptation though? hehe But I was mostly showing that they have good and great things out there outside of it. I don't really want them to pick those property either since I want a new kyosou giga and other original projects instead. lol

But at the same time, I would love to see some property on jump to be on the same level of the precure movie and dbs broly from this year which are some of the best things in animation this year, with precure having one of the best CG on anime.


I guess Kitaro can count as a shonen adaptation, I just thought of it as an original.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top