Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
How crazy and exciting it would be if Kishimoto dropped his new manga in Jump in 2019 and Kubo does Burn the Witch as well? One Piece in Wano, TPN, KnY in great arcs galaxy gangs serialization. 2019 would be special.
Kishimoto dropping something has been possible since 2 years now xD
I don't see Kubo releasing anything with his health issues and how much he struggled during the last few years of Bleach. Maybe a one-shot at best.
Most likely scenario is Shimabukuro releasing something.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
How crazy and exciting it would be if Kishimoto dropped his new manga in Jump in 2019 and Kubo does Burn the Witch as well? One Piece in Wano, TPN, KnY in great arcs galaxy gangs serialization. 2019 would be special.
I miss Moue... Jump needs him back. :(
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I miss Moue... Jump needs him back. :(
I still believe in Galaxy Gangs. Especially as Jump's answer to Eden's Zero.
Wouldn't be the first time a mangaka went back to an older one shot of theirs for serialization.
Not sure why he gave up on it, he made 2 one shots for Galaxy Gangs but ditched it for a soccer manga, and really just continued to make one shots over and over. Maybe the editors persuaded him or something. I really just want another. adventure battle shonen, kinda tired of all the exocrist/demon fighting manga jump is being flooded with, even though I think Jujutsu Kaisen is great. I hope Masaoki Shindo drops something soon as well
 

FengarGB

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
63
Reaction score
43
Age
32
Country
Brazil
If kubo can't come back because of his health issues, would you guys prefer him to team up with another mangaka and do the series concept and draft, similar to boruto maybe, and nothing else, and release in a similar schedule, or maybe something like Dr.stone, and he only handles the script.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Not sure why he gave up on it, he made 2 one shots for Galaxy Gangs but ditched it for a soccer manga, and really just continued to make one shots over and over. Maybe the editors persuaded him or something. I really just want another. adventure battle shonen, kinda tired of all the exocrist/demon fighting manga jump is being flooded with, even though I think Jujutsu Kaisen is great. I hope Masaoki Shindo drops something soon as well
I still believe in Galaxy Gangs. Especially as Jump's answer to Eden's Zero.
Wouldn't be the first time a mangaka went back to an older one shot of theirs for serialization.
I don’t care necessarily if he comes back with Galaxy Gangs, thought I’d love that. I just like his art and writing style and want another serialization from him in general
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
MHA officially overtaking Haikyu as #2 in the magazine? This is MHAs second straight year beating it in years sales cause of backlog but not the individual volumes seem to be selling more, if not slightly.
not official until it passes HQ lifetime sales. still 12 mln to go, I believe.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
not official until it passes HQ lifetime sales. still 12 mln to go, I believe.
Officially 15M (print)
HQ 33M as of 34
MHA 18M as of 21

personality I would consider MHA to pass HQ if it can sold more than what HQ did at it's peak; ~1M in just under a year(oricon) , which it haven't done yet,
since the volume gap is quite big to do a one to one comparison (you could do average but I'm not doing that until MHA stop ordering monthly series Reprints)
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
I miss Moue... Jump needs him back. :(
I still believe in Galaxy Gangs. Especially as Jump's answer to Eden's Zero.
Wouldn't be the first time a mangaka went back to an older one shot of theirs for serialization.
Whom we really need back is my man Shibata! Zippo can be Jump's answer to Eden's Zero! Even it isnt Zippo, I just want him back as well
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Shimabu should be the first to come back. He's been teased hard already. I hope it's Build King. Aside from BK and maybe Chingiri, the rest of his one shots were pretty bad, especially the ones in Grand Jump lol. None of them had that serialization potential as Build King does.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Officially 15M (print)
HQ 33M as of 34
MHA 18M as of 21

personality I would consider MHA to pass HQ if it can sold more than what HQ did at it's peak; ~1M in just under a year(oricon) , which it haven't done yet,
since the volume gap is quite big to do a one to one comparison (you could do average but I'm not doing that until MHA stop ordering monthly series Reprints)
I wonder if heroaca can maintain its current trajectory, we have seen Jump action series taper off and eventually decline even with iterations of animes and ongoing animes (quite sure there is no exception in the magazine at all of series at or greater than HeroAca length), while sports like Haikyuu!! is capable of staying relatively stable in the long term.

Jump should just keep HQ going indefinitely until some other sports series in the magazine can get developed, as if the day comes that HQ ends, there will be no meaningfully relevant sports series in the magazine anymore.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,554
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I for once just hope there isn't anymore serializations of edgy dark titles with demons. We already have a lot of titles (Neverland, Kimetsu, Jujutsu, Chainsaw, Higuma next week).

inb4 next serialization round is more edgy dark titles with demons
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I for once just hope there isn't anymore serializations of edgy dark titles with demons. We already have a lot of titles (Neverland, Kimetsu, Jujutsu, Chainsaw, Higuma next week).

inb4 next serialization round is more edgy dark titles with demons
I want more exorcists though. Their cool.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I doubt MHA will reach HQ's peak. It'll decline eventually just like every series maybe its during S4 or after that. We can probably tell how it does for S4.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I still believe in Galaxy Gangs. Especially as Jump's answer to Eden's Zero.
Galaxy Gangs aside, does WSJ really need an answer for Eden's Zero? It's not really tearing up the charts with its sales.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yeah but i'm allergic to exorcism manga. Gimme cool adventure lighthearted battle manga.
i think One Piece makes it hard for those too succeed. Surely everyone remembers Golem Hearts?

If we get a new sport series i'm happy.
Surely you mean a new sport series that survives. Shudan had so much potential, Best BLue and Buddy Strike too.

Praying for soccer and baseball in 2019, oh and I guess neo new Viz shonen jump will be forced to do the sports series no matter what!!!!11111111111 YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

FengarGB

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
63
Reaction score
43
Age
32
Country
Brazil
i think One Piece makes it hard for those too succeed. Surely everyone remembers Golem Hearts?



Surely you mean a new sport series that survives. Shudan had so much potential, Best BLue and Buddy Strike too.

Praying for soccer and baseball in 2019, oh and I guess neo new Viz shonen jump will be forced to do the sports series no matter what!!!!11111111111 YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shudan was cool. I was hoping for a kendo one maybe.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but for anyone worrying. Viz's Shonen Jump covers and the Author comments still stays, even with this transition.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top