Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Still searching for actual people who are grabbing Jump Force instead of spending $60 on Smash Ultimate or KH3 dropping back to back months before Jump Force drops.
i didnt get Smash because it doesnt have Golden Sun representation. KH3 will sit on the backburner as Im still in KH1 in the first collection.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump #04-05 preview

Kimetsu no Yaiba (Lead color pages)
Boruto (Color pages, 40 pages)
Hinomaru Zumou (Color pages)
Gokutei Higuma (Color pages, 25 pages)

ne0;lation (23 pages)
Kimetsu new arc starting, I'm seeing it. / Oh wait, the final arc.

PD: Wait. Black Clover got to Jump Force before Hero Academia, Kinnikuman, JoJo, etc? Color me surprised.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
New Jump + manga



[Fuchū san'okuenjiken o keikaku jikkō shita no wa watashidesu.](Sanokuen)

"It was I who planned and executed the 300 Million Yen Fuchū Robbery"

Story: Shirota
Art: MUSASHI
https://www.shonenjump.com/p/sp/1812/sanokuen/

The manga adaptation of the novel with same name by Shirota, which is based on the real life incident that happened 50 years ago in December 10, 1968.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_million_yen_robbery


The art will be done by Musashi, the Grand Prize winner of the "Shonen Jump Rookies x J SPORTS Sports Manga Award"

https://rookie.shonenjump.com/users/1609047349018783928


correct me if I've made any mistake.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kimetsu new arc starting, I'm seeing it. / Oh wait, the final arc.

PD: Wait. Black Clover got to Jump Force before Hero Academia, Kinnikuman, JoJo, etc? Color me surprised.
Eh, I'm pretty sure its more than just Asta on that scan. That would be kinda weird for just Black Clover by himself. But I could be wrong.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Eh, I'm pretty sure its more than just Asta on that scan. That would be kinda weird for just Black Clover by himself. But I could be wrong.
are you suggesting the youtuber is misleading people and trying to stir controversy?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know, i just find the positioning of the hand weird. Is the oneshot good?
From what I've seen its actually pretty good. The issue is that theres just an oversaturation of exorcist series lately. Not sure if its gonna survive with Jujutsu doing well
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's not his, one of his powers he has a bunch of disembodied hands as helpers.

Art looks way worse than the oneshot/short series though, it worked better when he was a kid.
I disagree, he just looks older, I wonder if its another Jujutsu Kaisen situation and they're making the Giga short series a miniseries
 

FengarGB

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
63
Reaction score
43
Age
32
Country
Brazil
From what I've seen its actually pretty good. The issue is that theres just an oversaturation of exorcist series lately. Not sure if its gonna survive with Jujutsu doing well
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I disagree, he just looks older, I wonder if its another Jujutsu Kaisen situation and they're making the Giga short series a miniseries
Maybe if is heavier on the exorcist and monster part. Jujutsu is not so heavy on the exorcist genre in my opinition,
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Is there a list of current Jump series and their editors?
Current Editors and the manga they're in charge of and other series they've been in charge of:
Saitou: Bokuben (current), WT (current) Nisekoi, Kuroko
Honda: Stone (Current), Haikyuu
Monji: HxH (Current), Heroaca, Bakuman, Noah's Notes
Isaka: Gintama, Isobe
Katayama: Jujutsu (current), Black Clover,
Murakoshi: Act-Age, Japan, Shudan
Sugita: Neverland (Current), Davide
Naitou: OP(current), Bozebeats
Yoritomi: Heroaca (current), Saiki
Ikeda: Haikyuu (current), Yuragi (current)
Takano: Kimetsu (current), Alice (current)
Kouda: Sumou (current),
Minamimura(?): Soma (current)
Toide: BC (current)

This is what I've been able to gather so far.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Current Editors and the manga they're in charge of and other series they've been in charge of:
Saitou: Bokuben (current), WT (current) Nisekoi, Kuroko
Honda: Stone (Current), Haikyuu
Monji: HxH (Current), Heroaca, Bakuman, Noah's Notes
Isaka: Gintama, Isobe
Katayama: Jujutsu (current), Black Clover,
Murakoshi: Act-Age, Japan, Shudan
Sugita: Neverland (Current), Davide
Naitou: OP(current), Bozebeats
Yoritomi: Heroaca (current), Saiki
Ikeda: Haikyuu (current), Yuragi (current)
Takano: Kimetsu (current), Alice (current)
Kouda: Sumou (current),
Minamimura(?): Soma (current)
Toide: BC (current)

This is what I've been able to gather so far.
That person can do double duty WT at Jump SQ and WSJ?
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
That person can do double duty WT at Jump SQ and WSJ?
I think they probably handed over editor duties to an editor over at SQ. Saitou was probably still communicating with Ashihara the entire time he went on hiatus though, similar to what Monji probably does with Togashi.
 

Byakkou

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 27, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top