- Joined
- Aug 1, 2019
- Messages
- 34
- Reaction score
- 54
- Age
- 27
- Country
-
Realistically, the promised neverland.New poll is up.
Realistically, the promised neverland.New poll is up.
Covers and LCP have only been associated quite recently in Jump history. It wasn't uncommon in the early 2000s and prior for one series to get the Cover and another the LCP, hence why something on the cover can be so low in the TOC. We almost never see that nowadays apart from holiday covers though.The first ones, obviously, but the rest of the ones above it? Nada.
They released the Z part between 2013-2014ishwhen did db rerelease in FC come? Cause shueisha themselves put out a 240 mil number for db in 2014
Because those are print numbers, not how many copies are soldThat doesn't add up? Unless I'm doing something wrong.
One piece 454,000,000/93 = 4,838,706
DB 250,000,000/42 = 5,952,380
SD 170,000,000/31 = 5,483,870
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I wonder if that's because the culture and myths surrounding the TOC and covers became so omnipresent that it influenced later EIC's in how they operated. To paraphrase Nisio Isin, the lie tried so hard that it became a greater truth than the truth itself.Covers and LCP have only been associated quite recently in Jump history. It wasn't uncommon in the early 2000s and prior for one series to get the Cover and another the LCP, hence why something on the cover can be so low in the TOC. We almost never see that nowadays apart from holiday covers though.
The way Tekking101 talks about it, the Wano Arc as a whole is supposed to mirror a Kabuki play which has 5 acts. But the last 2 acts are supposed to be relatively quicker than the first 3, but I’m not well versed in the subject so I could be messing up something here or there.One Piece had a nice chapter this week marking the end of act 2 for the Wano Country Arc. I'm guessing act 3 will be the final arc with the major battle and all. Looking at past arc Oda will go two routes with this:
- The Dressrosa route, making the rest of the arc last around 50 chapters, honestly I don't really see that happening
- Do like the previous arc with Big Mom and end the arc in around 25-30 chapters.
Samurai 8 was interesting too, I love the jokes with Hachimaru spending all the money they have on golden fabric.
If I had to give a top 3 for me this week it'd be:
1 - Chainsawman
2 - Haikyuu (even though the chapter was really infuriating)
3 -Dr Stone
With Yozakura closely following at 4th
MHA, Jujutsu, KNY, WNL, Yuuna are series I read in volumes only so not including those.
Yeah that seems to fit with the description but it also means that if true then the third and fourth act will most like have the same number of chapters and the first two followed by a short 5 act, the arc could then stretch to be as long as the Dressrosa arc.The way Tekking101 talks about it, the Wano Arc as a whole is supposed to mirror a Kabuki play which has 5 acts. But the last 2 acts are supposed to be relatively quicker than the first 3, but I’m not well versed in the subject so I could be messing up something here or there.