I cant even begin to imagine the wank if Kimetsu wins tbh. Either way, with whatever series that beats OP, you're gonna start seeing comments like "OP is dying/dead". Which is idiotic...
As someone already mentioned, AOT is probably the most deserving. Kimetsu is no where near OP's volume sales. So yeah, you can say that Kimetsu isnt deserving.
Whatever boost that Kimetsu got,the credit fully goes to Ufotable,their amazing adaptation made this much boost increase.
I also wonder if more Mangaka will want to their series to be taken up by Ufotable.
I would say that Ufotable played a big part as I saw a lot of people tune in solely over ufotable (not sure if that even applied in Japan lol) but again source material matters. If you look at Fire Force, it had a really talented staff backing it and made the series much more bearable than the manga but even then it sold poorly and the boost wasnt anywhere close to Kimetsu.
I dont think so. For example, I think its likely that Shimabu was offered to have Toriko be adapted by Ufotable but he probably chose Toei instead since a lot of classic titles came from Toei. A lot of his inspirations like Kinnikuman, DB, Fist of the north star & even one piece was made by Toei. Toei is more successful than most studios and more or less the same can be said about Pierrot. So you can see why mangakas side with these big studios that were responsible for their big inspirations and known for big hits. and also not all shows would look good under Ufo. Also theres the fact that Toei would without a doubt adapt much more than Ufotable could ever do especially in 2009/2011.
Ufotable is starting to become like that "Madhouse 2.0" where people started to blindly praise Madhouse over their HxH 2011 adaptation. Its funny people forget about God Eater and the same can possibly happen to Kimetsu if Ufotable starts to put too much on their plate. With Kimetsu's huge popularity, they can be pressured to pump out a season 2, who knows at this point. Kimetsu's production schedule was very good which is overlooked by fans.