Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I found an old interview with Tsurun Hatomune (Mitama Security) speaking about Naked Swan



in the interview he said when he went to Jump Plus new year party everyone was surprised he wasn't a woman
the reason his art is very feminine is because he's a huge fan of Bessatsu Margaret and buys all his volumes from them

 

Blink22

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
660
Reaction score
1,432
Age
32
Country
United States
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
In no order:
Hinomaru Zumou, World Trigger, Illegal Rare, Assasination Classroom, Chainsawman

Tbh though, the 2000 titles >>>> 2010 titles
 

Inumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
285
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
1 - Haikyu!!
2 - Saiki
3 - Heroaca
4 - Dr. Stone
5 - World Trigger
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
A few weeks ago Summertime Rendering was teasing a major announcement. Was that just the bonus chapter in Jump? I don't recall any other Jump+ series to get bonus chapters doing that but I can't find anything else it could be.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
A few weeks ago Summertime Rendering was teasing a major announcement. Was that just the bonus chapter in Jump? I don't recall any other Jump+ series to get bonus chapters doing that but I can't find anything else it could be.
Yeah, the Jump special chapter was the announcement.

 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
Was hoping for an anime or live action so I could at least watch it since the backlog isn't in Canada for some reason lol. Oh well maybe I'll just find the rips somewhere.
 

4Eyes

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
403
Reaction score
649
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I found an old interview with Tsurun Hatomune (Mitama Security) speaking about Naked Swan



in the interview he said when he went to Jump Plus new year party everyone was surprised he wasn't a woman
the reason his art is very feminine is because he's a huge fan of Bessatsu Margaret and buys all his volumes from them

I'm also surprised he's not a woman. But I'm more surprised he has showed his face on a interview.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
World Trigger, Haikyuu, Kimetsu, Saiki, MHA

In terms of variety the 2010s was a lot better for Jump in comparison to the previous decade, not everything was a battle shounen or became a battle shounen into its run despite starting completely different, the editorial actually allowed series to grow and gain support and just in general stronger lineups. Shout outs to Zumo which barely made the cut but was still solid throughout its run, Act-Age which is the most unique series to ever grace the magazine, Jujutsu Kaisen which is the only jump manga this decade that actually has a well intricate battle system, Chainsawman which is another series that represents this decades tendency to serialized works you would have never seen in the previous decade and Cross Manage which ended far too soon, sports in general just seem to be the genre that struggled the most compared to the previous decades with Haikyuu and Zumo being the only standouts.

For the rest; AssClass was the breakout hit of the decade but it did nothing for me emotionally and felt like it only got any attention due to the gimmick hence why despite its success it doesn't get brought up anymore, Nisekoi which is only below Ichigo 100% in terms of worse successful romcom, in terms of biggest fall from grace Souma wins by a landslide, Neverland had one of the strongest first arcs to a Jump manga and represents the alternative approach that the 2010s were going for that wouldn't have flown in the previous decade but it quickly deteriorated immediately after , at this point Dr. Stone is a love it or hate it series there's really nothing wrong with it but there's nothing about it I'll say that makes it a must read unless the subject matter interests you specifically I'll say its backlash is to blame for the aggressive push campaign that followed it if not for that it would be much better received, and of course who can forget Black Clover I'm actually surprised that despite having such a horrid start the series is still going "strong" and actually gained a following but its obvious that the series would never be what adverts set it out to be and in this day and age where Jump is starting to set itself apart from what was allowed to be published in the 90s and 00s BC feels unremarkable in every regard.....meaning it would have been a big hit had it came out a decade ago.
 

RafGL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
5,867
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Was hoping for an anime or live action so I could at least watch it since the backlog isn't in Canada for some reason lol. Oh well maybe I'll just find the rips somewhere.
As long as series is licensed or available to buy in the country you live in, you won't be able to read it.

Quick solution: use a VPN. I don't know, f.e., Poland doesn't have it, so you can binge the whole series there.
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Thing is that not everyone wants to speed read a manga. I never did and never will. Period. Especially a 900+ chapters with God only knows how many developments/characters. I wouldn't be able to memorize all of the important things if I were to just skim through in a weekend.
I don't speed read manga. Ironically you speed read my post because nowhere did I say I speed read
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No particular order: Chainsawman, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Act-Age, Hinomaru Zumou.

May put HeroAca (till OfA vs AfO) or TPN (pre Goldy Pond) in the last spot, but the degradation in quality was indigestible.
Based
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm also surprised he's not a woman. But I'm more surprised he has showed his face on a interview.
I guess he never expects popularity to end up an issue :cheez

LETS CHANGE THAT, MITAMACHADS
 

Paze

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
121
Reaction score
116
Age
33
Country
United States
I don't speed read manga. Ironically you speed read my post because nowhere did I say I speed read
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What you were saying doesn't make sense then. To read 956 chapters in a single weekend would mean reading for over ten hours each day, no one is going to do that especially for a manga they don't even know they'll like.
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Another amazing chapter of Double Taisei. Please survive. PLEASE.
The author knows what he does, and that he pulls a plot now is unexpected. Great Unexpection in a gag manga??, yep mitama is sold with that 2 chapters in 1. That was really neccesary from what happen
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
Jump+ included then...

Jigokuraku
Hinomaru
Haikyuu
WT
Kimetsu
 

RingoRoadOnceMore

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2019
Messages
33
Reaction score
105
Age
32
Country
United States
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
1. Haikyuu!! (I'm kinda cheating on this one because I've only watched the anime, but I'll start reading it after the next season finishes airing)
2. Act-Age
3. Kimetsu no Yaiba
4. Chainsaw Man
5. World Trigger

There are a few other series I like to varying degrees, but these five are honestly the only ones I can say I actually love from the 2010s. If I had to eliminate Haikyuu!! for said reason in the parenthesis... it could be a toss-up between Jujutsu Kaisen, Dr. Stone, MHA and Black Clover. Not sure which it'd be.

If I can include Spy x Family, I’d place it above World Trigger.
 
Last edited:

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
1 - Black clover
2 - Kimetsu no yaiba
3 - Act-age
4 - jujutsu kaisen
5 - chainsaw man
 

westabyss

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2018
Messages
195
Reaction score
523
Country
Germany
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
Kimetsu no Yaiba
World Trigger
Haikyuu
Saiki Kusuo
Chainsaw Man / Act Age / JJK
 

OtterBrigade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2018
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
3,057
Age
33
Country
Canada
As long as series is licensed or available to buy in the country you live in, you won't be able to read it.

Quick solution: use a VPN. I don't know, f.e., Poland doesn't have it, so you can binge the whole series there.
It isn't licensed here. We have the exact same licensors as the US and they can read the backlog just fine which confuses me.
 

Drarkknight

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 11, 2019
Messages
14
Reaction score
33
Age
26
Country
Dominican Republic
I wouldn't be surprised if Gotouge decides to extend the story because of the post-anime popularity. At all. If I were Shueisha, I would do anything to keep Kimetsu ongoing.
There are many things to tell, but I think Gotoge will tell the rest in this arc, although he has neglected the theme of the flower that turned Muzan into a demon, in addition to saying that Muzan toured all of Japan and did not find it, the flower would I be in another country?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tymano

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
285
Reaction score
329
Age
26
Country
United States
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
1. World Trigger
2. Saiki
3. Kimetsu
4. AssClass
5. Jujutsu
 

sunaye

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
27
Age
25
Country
Fairy Tail
Ok guys. With 2010s decade almost over, what would be your favorite top-5 titles from this decade?

For me, in no order: My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Act-age, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Assassination Classroom
No order as well

HeroAcademia
Neverland
JujutsuKaisen
Dr Stone
Golem Hearts oneshot/manga ( Even though it got canned)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top