Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
"Based" Nak subverted our expectations by prolonging the Reiwa batch lifespan this long. Hell, I bet not single series get axed till next year. I better start reading Double Taisei now.
 

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Act-age : 1-8 : 1 800 000.
Beast Children 7 "arc" end in 49th issue. From 50th issue new developpement.

This reminds me when Shuudan also announced a "new development" of sorts, or something along those lines, then had a timeskip, some more chapters and bang, it ended.
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ne0;lation also started a new arc of sorts just to end unceremoniously two chapters later, so who knows? It didn't do it with some "new development" precursor, though.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Looking at KnY's latest developments I give it less than 6 months before it ends.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
Shigaraki and Eri respectively. Also, don't ignore the rest of what I said to poke a little hole and feel like you won the argument. Please respond to it properly if you want your opinion to be well-conveyed.
Then don't ignore my argument. My point was that (with Todoroki) MHA is not limiting itself to 'kid gets abused, becomes evil/traumatised', but is also depicting the long-time effects on their evolving relationship from the POV of both the parent and the kids.

I haven't read Gintama or Sket Dance, but Kenshin and Dragon Ball never had something like this (unless you want to count Piccolo training Gohan, but that was, like, five pages).


I think Tabata knows how to handle the big cast of characters on Black Clover quite better than Horikoshi on BNHA, almost 250 chapters and i still feel like most of the Class A barely had any shining moment in the series, Tokoyami is by far one of coolest characters but when was the last time he was part of a important arc? i can't even remember, Tsuyu is such a popular character between fans and she also barely do anything important and the list goes on, majority only do something on training arcs while Todoroki and Bakugou are in the front every time, Horikoshi could do a lot better about putting the spot in other characters too.
Yeah, that's the problem with having a lot of good side characters. People take to favourites, but rarely get to see them.


Beast Children 7 "arc" end in 49th issue. From 50th issue new developpement.
They are still going?!

Now I'm REALLY wondering if they even have something to replace it with. Aside from asking their established authors to do a second series.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Kurumada fist work in Jump was about an action series with a strong female.
Trying to guess how the author think is only seeing his work(supervised by editors) is not allways correct.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Yeah, no way does Beast Children survive this round. I see it like Shuudan which was mentioned above.
 

Rouk'

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
144
Reaction score
664
Age
27
Country
France
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ next year might be another 3 volumes OP/year, so any series that can sell 8M+ can beat it lol.
Isn't that unlikely ? Volume 95 is scheduled for December 28th, so there should easily be 3 more volumes released between January and November
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
I'm just pissed they cancelled Higuma for this.

Also kind of wondering, is it possible for authors to continue writing for the volumes after a series gets cancelled in the magazine? KoLD8: King of the Living Dead ended just before the final battle, and they added a footnote saying that the rest of the story could be found in the tankoubon. I'm surprised there aren't more authors doing this, considering they probably have some free time after a cancellation and it would allow them to wrap up the story much better.
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm just pissed they cancelled Higuma for this.

Also kind of wondering, is it possible for authors to continue writing for the volumes after a series gets cancelled in the magazine? KoLD8: King of the Living Dead ended just before the final battle, and they added a footnote saying that the rest of the story could be found in the tankoubon. I'm surprised there aren't more authors doing this, considering they probably have some free time after a cancellation and it would allow them to wrap up the story much better.
Teenage Renaissance David-kun had two epilogue chapters in its final volume only available there (to my knowledge), so it's not unheard of for a recent Weekly Shonen Jump series to do it.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Teenage Renaissance David-kun had two epilogue chapters in its final volume only available there (to my knowledge), so it's not unheard of for a recent Weekly Shonen Jump series to do it.
Ziga, Bozebeats, Cross Account and Iron Knight had short epilogues in their final volumes.
Stealth Symphony redid the final chapter published in the magazine with more pages.
 

Konja9

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
451
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I'm just pissed they cancelled Higuma for this.

Also kind of wondering, is it possible for authors to continue writing for the volumes after a series gets cancelled in the magazine? KoLD8: King of the Living Dead ended just before the final battle, and they added a footnote saying that the rest of the story could be found in the tankoubon. I'm surprised there aren't more authors doing this, considering they probably have some free time after a cancellation and it would allow them to wrap up the story much better.
Authors have free time, because they had been technically fired.

So, they may need to focus on other things.

I don't know how much they will earn by adding chapters and making a more complete story, but maybe it is not enough for the work.
 

lgrmjauffre

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 23, 2019
Messages
462
Reaction score
1,159
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ziga, Bozebeats, Cross Account and Iron Knight had short epilogues in their final volumes.
Stealth Symphony redid the final chapter published in the magazine with more pages.
Ah, okay. I own the volumes of Ziga, I should have known that one, at least.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
Authors have free time, because they had been technically fired.

So, they may need to focus on other things.

I don't know how much they will earn by adding chapters and making a more complete story, but maybe it is not enough for the work.
Yeah, I figured they wouldn't be doing it indefinitely, but at the same time I can't imagine it's easy to come up with a new story if your head is still filled with an incomplete one. Might as well still publish the things you were already working on.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
If you ask me, SHY from Shonen Champion is a better superhero manga than MHA ever was.
I’ve heard this sentiment a few times and that honestly makes me want to read SHY, even if I feel it’s a bit unfair due to how long they’ve been running.

Act-age : 1-8 : 1 800 000.
Beast Children 7 "arc" end in 49th issue. From 50th issue new developpement.

I really like a lot of the color pages here. Can’t wait for that new Mato Seihei chapter, curious to see what it’s about.

Also, wow. Beast Children isn’t ending. None of the flopping series are ending. It feels kinda weird knowing the last axe was Saiyuki. This might change within the next two issues, though.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Ah, okay. I own the volumes of Ziga, I should have known that one, at least.
Damn, it's actually not even that short as I thought, 37 pages with a double spread art at the end (so 39 overall)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top