But they literally said in the livestream that they had Kubo extend the oneshot to give the movie more content.
Unless you're thinking the movie will be the longest in history, that can only mean that it's a miniseries.
Assuming that it’s a long series the movie could just extend past where the one-shot left off and adapt a full volume, and play the same role that the Toriko OVA, Black Clover OVA and One Piece OVA.
Sure. But in this case, they never mentioned "finished the arc" of Burn The Witch. They only speak in the context of Burn the Witch. Kubo states it in the context of Burn The Witch meaning the manuscripts for that is done.
So there really shouldn't be any further doubt in this when it comes "Burnza Witchu".
It could be 5 volumes long or it could even be 1. I'm actually thinking it'll be between 1-2 volumes. 3 at max. Given Kubo's style of drawing and writing and the general length of movie, 2 is what I'd assume.
I’m not opposed to it being short. I just don’t see what makes everyone think it’ll be short.
Seems pretty similar to Kishimoto’s come back to me, except this has a movie attached to its start.
But unlike Samurai 8, Burn The Witch has a 2 year old one shot attached to it, and the series takes place in the same universe as Bleach, so I had no doubt that it would get animated in some form whether it got a manga series or not.
I just feel like it would have been made clear that this was only going to be 1 or 2 volumes, and they would have introduced it as a mini series just like they do with every mini series that runs in the magazine if that were the case