Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Lil meen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
502
Reaction score
754
Age
23
Country
United States
Hey I know this is off topic but I found this manga named Ziga and Amalgam of Distortion ran in shonen jump and I actually thoroughly enjoyed these series but then I figured out these were axed. Anyone know a reason why shonen jump would axe these series. At first I was thinking because they were mature but shonen jump serialized death note, TPN, chainsawman, jujutsu kaisan, and 60% of 80s jump battle shonen which are just as dark and violent as these series (some of them are honestly even more dark and violent).
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey I know this is off topic but I found this manga named Ziga and Amalgam of Distortion ran in shonen jump and I actually thoroughly enjoyed these series but then I figured out these were axed. Anyone know a reason why shonen jump would axe these series. At first I was thinking because they were mature but shonen jump serialized death note, TPN, chainsawman, jujutsu kaisan, and 60% of 80s jump battle shonen which are just as dark and violent as these series (some of them are honestly even more dark and violent).
I don't remember either being particularly good. Amalgam in particular was the most unironic edgy/chuuni series I think I've ever seen in Jump, IIRC.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,301
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Hey I know this is off topic but I found this manga named Ziga and Amalgam of Distortion ran in shonen jump and I actually thoroughly enjoyed these series but then I figured out these were axed. Anyone know a reason why shonen jump would axe these series. At first I was thinking because they were mature but shonen jump serialized death note, TPN, chainsawman, jujutsu kaisan, and 60% of 80s jump battle shonen which are just as dark and violent as these series (some of them are honestly even more dark and violent).
Ziga was the same as everything else axed early, it just wasn't very popular. There was one character that readers quite liked but she showed up too late the save it. Honestly I think it was dead from the beginning, killing the love interest in ch 1 isn't going to gather much good will in WSJ.

Amalgam however got unlucky. I remember it had a bit of a fanbase developing (not big enough to become a hit, but maybe enough to last a year or so) but then the huge batch of 6 manga happened and WSJ decided to keep Spring Weapon instead of Amalgam, despite Amalgam both selling and ranking better (from what I remember anyway).
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Hey I know this is off topic but I found this manga named Ziga and Amalgam of Distortion ran in shonen jump and I actually thoroughly enjoyed these series but then I figured out these were axed. Anyone know a reason why shonen jump would axe these series. At first I was thinking because they were mature but shonen jump serialized death note, TPN, chainsawman, jujutsu kaisan, and 60% of 80s jump battle shonen which are just as dark and violent as these series (some of them are honestly even more dark and violent).
ZIGA was a giant flop, volume 1 sold about 5k copies in its first week
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Amalgam however got unlucky. I remember it had a bit of a fanbase developing (not big enough to become a hit, but maybe enough to last a year or so) but then the huge batch of 6 manga happened and WSJ decided to keep Spring Weapon instead of Amalgam, despite Amalgam both selling and ranking better (from what I remember anyway).
Amalgam wasn't better ranked than Spring Weapon, in fact never even got out of the bottom 5 and many times at bottom 2.
 

Thundercat27

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
2,027
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Amalgam wasn't better ranked than Spring Weapon, in fact never even got out of the bottom 5 and many times at bottom 2.
This. If my memory is not bonkers, it was axed long before batch of 6, and got replaced by another flop, demon plan or something.
Or maybe both of them got axed at the same time. Not sure
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 06/04

Jump


#2 Jujutsu Kaisen 11
#3 Chainsaw Man 7
#9 We Never Learn 17
#10 Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings 22
#25 Undead Unluck 2
#27 Mashle 1
#41 Mission: Yozakura Family 3
#72 Mitama Security 3
#279 Zipman!! 2

Jump+

#8 Jigokuraku 10
#30 Ao no Flag 8
#43 Saotome Shimai wa Manga no Tame Nara?! 7
#78 Kiruru Kill Me 1
#130 Melt Away! Mizore-chan 6
#139 Koigoku no Toshi 3
#245 Le Petit Prince 6
#329 Wa no Kage 2
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,442
Reaction score
3,619
Age
26
Country
United States
Undead and Yozakura are only a few spots up from last time :/ Hopefully they hold well. Mashle starting a couple spots above where Undead did, not bad.
 

Minsel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2019
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
3,125
Age
24
Country
United States
Yozakura was #40 on volume 1, and #47 on volume 2
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This. If my memory is not bonkers, it was axed long before batch of 6, and got replaced by another flop, demon plan or something.
Or maybe both of them got axed at the same time. Not sure
Actually both were canceled in the same issue #12 of 2017 with Poro starting
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yozakura is also above Saotome Shimai and the last volume sold 17k in 6 days.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Volume 1 of Undead is also back on Shoseki at 220 and Volume 2 of Yozakura Family at 425 :beer

Shoseki Daily Ranking - 06/04

Jump


#2 Jujutsu Kaisen 11
#3 Chainsaw Man 7
#9 We Never Learn 17
#10 Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings 22
#25 Undead Unluck 2
#27 Mashle 1
#41 Mission: Yozakura Family 3
#72 Mitama Security 3
#279 Zipman!! 2

Jump+

#8 Jigokuraku 10
#30 Ao no Flag 8
#43 Saotome Shimai wa Manga no Tame Nara?! 7
#78 Kiruru Kill Me 1
#130 Melt Away! Mizore-chan 6
#139 Koigoku no Toshi 3
#245 Le Petit Prince 6
#329 Wa no Kage 2
For comparison:

Mitama Security:

Vol 1: 51th
Vol 2: 60th
Vol 3: 72th

Yozakura Family:

Vol 1: 40th
Vol 2: 47th
Vol 3: 41th

Undead Unluck:

Vol 1: 29th
Vol 2: 25th
 

BX-02BLODIA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2019
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,052
Age
24
Country
United States
Shoseki Daily Ranking - 06/04

Jump


#2 Jujutsu Kaisen 11
#3 Chainsaw Man 7
#9 We Never Learn 17
#10 Yuuna and the Haunted Hotsprings 22
#25 Undead Unluck 2
#27 Mashle 1
#41 Mission: Yozakura Family 3
#72 Mitama Security 3
#279 Zipman!! 2

Jump+

#8 Jigokuraku 10
#30 Ao no Flag 8
#43 Saotome Shimai wa Manga no Tame Nara?! 7
#78 Kiruru Kill Me 1
#130 Melt Away! Mizore-chan 6
#139 Koigoku no Toshi 3
#245 Le Petit Prince 6
#329 Wa no Kage 2
JIGOKUCHADS? WHERE ARE YOU? WE WINNING!
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, with Yozakura looking like is selling more and even vol 2 coming back, Jump would have to be really dumb to cancel it and sad to see Mitama dropping even more, it could at least keep some stable sales like Zumou but not even this, seems like nothing Jump do can help it.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Even though Yabuki's series is labeled as a love comedy, the preview picture makes it seem like there will be some kind of fighting. I hope so at least. I remember reading somewhere that Yabuki wanted to go back to action after To Love. He even mused about doing a sequel to Black Cat once. Instead it's a love comedy. What a waste.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I’m pretty sure it’s 60% action, 20% romcom and 20% ecchi.

I think the editors pretty much forced Yabuki to put in a significant amount of ecchi. To be honest though, I’d rather it have 30% romcom with the rest being ecchi, about the same amount Black Cat did.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
So just went to check my Jump Bookstore and found out I had Jump GIGA Summer 2019 Volume 3. So here's God of Destruction Magu-chan One-Shot. For those wondering, yeah, it's pretty much comedy. Not gag I'd say, even if it can go that way in the serialization. Overall feels like an interesting concept but the execution doesn't satisfy me that much. Hoping it has been polished enough for when it starts in Jump.

If the concept stays similar to this, I think I'll enjoy it. This feels like what Invade You really should've been about. I'm starting to feel a bit of hype now. If Mitama can somehow pull off a miracle and avoid the ax this round, I'll be pretty happy. Most of the newbies are pretty fun to read weekly. Hopefully some of them can fill the shoes the veterans are leaving behind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top