Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,600
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
I honestly loved this week's Neverland chapter, though I haven't been soured on the series as much as many here have. Pretty decent week overall. This Claude and Spica arc of Guardian was overall solid, almost makes me sad it's going. I'm almost certain that Mitama will be the last series to go, this arc has so many endgame vibes. Still liking Ghostwriter the most out of it's batch, but Sasaki is starting to get on my nerves, he's just kind of unlikable most of the time.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
I honestly loved this week's Neverland chapter, though I haven't been soured on the series as much as many here have. Pretty decent week overall. This Claude and Spica arc of Guardian was overall solid, almost makes me sad it's going. I'm almost certain that Mitama will be the last series to go, this arc has so many endgame vibes. Still liking Ghostwriter the most out of it's batch, but Sasaki is starting to get on my nerves, he's just kind of unlikable most of the time.
there are many manga and anime that the protagonists are not good at, but if the characters around them are good there will be no problem.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Mitama looks like it's actually near to its end, there shouldn't be many chapters after this week before it's over. I can't believe Moriking actually used Ittou-ryuu, this week's chapter got some nice chuckles out of me. Mashle is becoming more and more enjoyable, Komoto has gold in his hands. I love the characters interacting and building a relationship, seeing them fighting together in the future should be really compelling.

What's with Fujimoto and puke? Ok, but on a more serious note, I loved this chapter and how it fleshed out Aki a bit more and also set up some big stuff that might happen in the future (which leaves me considerably anxious). I almost fell off my chair with Jujutsu's chapter, that ending gave me whiplash and makes me super curious. I don't know how Horikoshi has been able to keep this much hype going for a while now but man am I enjoying it a lot. My Hero Academia is the best series in the magazine right now
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
It is quite ironic that Bone Collection censors barf, yet Chainsawman subverts it by showing the puke.
 

Drake98

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
48
Reaction score
112
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't read Yuuna, but it's kinda funny that since I joined this thread everybody says that Yuuna should've ended already, that the author dragged the series too long, but now the actual ending is rushed. Lol Ironic
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Out of the 4 I currently read,
1. CSM - Such a nice chapter. That's all il say
2. Mashle - I laughed out loud for a number of things in this chapter. Glad this series exists.
3. MHA - Bakugou and Deku's relationship is great.
4. Ghostwriter - Felt like a short chapter. The mental struggle the mangaka is going through is shown well.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
10. Time Paradox Ghostwriter - Main problem I'm having with this series is the MC. I'm just not really finding him likeable. The girl is good, the assistants seem fine, but watching the MC just gets me irritated.
this is my thoughts as well
I like that Aino joined the assistants team, which means she could still stumble on the microwave, and the time travel /plagiarism get addressed again not just laughed off
but what ruins this chapter for me is Teppei actions which should make him an ass but instead he's portrayed as a sympathetic hard worker
his assistants went out of their way to help him and his response was to tear their hard work up?

Yozakura meh, another new character thrown at the wall instead of doing anything with pre-existing characters. The chapter was better than I thought, however it's not doing anything for me to get hope in the series
I wonder how many times have we complained about this, and it just keep happening
I don't get what the author is going for, a lot of these character are similar to characters that were introduced before, so why are they needed?
this week stalker could have been replaced by the other stalkers and nothing would have changed
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
So Witch is ending in 2 chapters? Not surprising, but nice to an official confirmation.

Huge potential, but a wasted one. You just DO NOT develop a worldbuilding for the town and the outside monsters in Chapter 1, and then throw all away in the next one...for guardian + witch vs battles?? That made both arcs being the same-ish, which is not good. The characters weren't interesting and were bland as it gets. Hopefully the mangaka learns from this, and comes back stronger next time.
 

Thaed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Messages
135
Reaction score
132
Age
33
Country
France
Undead Unluck, was really cool this week, I love the set up and all the power thing !
Mashle was really funny and Yozakura had a great chapter imo this week even if it's still not a serious arc.
Ghostwriter continues to be great, and the art is really cool, I'm enjoying this serie !
GoTW was okay compare to the previous chapter but still not great.
Mitama was nice, but quite feels like the end !
Bone collection is still quite blend to me, hopefully it will get better.
Moriking continues to be great, at first I wasn't hoping much from it but I got to admit its quite funny.

Really got into TPN chapter this week and Chainsawman, a lot of strong feelings from it.
Finally Jujutsu Kaisen, I still have trouble to understand everything that is happening, but it is still quite enjoyable !
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
this is my thoughts as well
I like that Aino joined the assistants team, which means she could still stumble on the microwave, and the time travel /plagiarism get addressed again not just laughed off
but what ruins this chapter for me is Teppei actions which should make him an ass but instead he's portrayed as a sympathetic hard worker
his assistants went out of their way to help him and his response was to tear their hard work up?
This Sasaki behavior is called guilt.
I've seen behavior like this in Subaru de Re: zero.

Sometimes when you feel some kind of remorse for something you did wrong, even if you did not want to, you end up acting a bit of an asshole.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Yeah I didn't like this chapter of Ghost Writer much either, it'd be one thing if it felt like we were meant to see MC as a failure and bad person but we're clearly supposed to be rooting for this loser getting away with plagiarism and giving his assistants little time then tearing up their work. The ideas behind it are still interesting, but I can't get behind the main character at all.

If he magically get through it all through some special revelation and continues to just get away with everything with no repercussions for his actions beyond feeling bad, the whole series is just going to annoy me. I really hope it doesn't and has a twist of him actually failing because of what he's done this time, but I'm not expecting much after these last two chapters.

I wonder how many times have we complained about this, and it just keep happening
I don't get what the author is going for, a lot of these character are similar to characters that were introduced before, so why are they needed?
this week stalker could have been replaced by the other stalkers and nothing would have changed
I figure he just really loves making up new characters, like how Oda adds ridiculous amounts of villains and side characters each arc that are mostly pointless, but are probably fun to design and choose powers for.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,600
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Him ripping the pages is obviously remorse and guilty starting to kick in, i dont know how anyone cant get something so obvious kkkk

Btw, Mitama is clearly ending in few chapters, author just trolled readers back into the endgame after last chapter
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
The remorse and guilt is obvious, I just hope this results in him actually failing like he deserves to (and probably needs, character-wise) and the plot doesn't just shounen his way into everything turning out fine again.

Honestly I've found this batch a little weak overall. Ghost Writer has cool ideas but mostly just annoys me, and Moriking's comedy feels a bit too dated to me (most gags seem to be 'moriking stands out too much while girl shouts at him'). I do kind of like Bone Collection so far since the characters are fun but the action's really weak, I think it'd be better off as a supernatural romcom structured like To Love Ru but with weird bone tools instead Lala's crazy inventions (art would maybe need to improve first though).
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This Sasaki behavior is called guilt.
I've seen behavior like this in Subaru de Re: zero.

Sometimes when you feel some kind of remorse for something you did wrong, even if you did not want to, you end up acting a bit of an asshole.
there's a way to get rid of his guilt by coming clean about the plagiarism, if he shows people the microwave and the future issues they will believe him
there was another chance to get rid of his guilt when his editor showed him his fan letters he said won't force him to serialize the oneshot, yet he did it anyway showing he's not that morally clear

his thoughts bubbles and actions this chapter make it sounds he thinks he's a martyr, especially the part where he goes "only I can draw this manga"

this makes it hard for me to like him, but the manga clearly want us to cheer for him by showing us how hard he's working without an ac in the summer bit which is what bothering me

I really hope the author knows what he's doing and there's some kinda of plan, I like the initial premise and hope it get executed well
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
What's everyone's thoughts on all the Reiwa batches so far? So far I'd put them as

1) Mashle, Undead, Guardian batch
2) Yozakura, Mitama batch
3) Agravity Boys, Zipman batch
4) Ghost Writer, Bone, Moriking batch
5) Samurai 8, Beast Children, Double Taisei, Shinobi batch

though #3 and #4 could switch around if the current batch improves as it goes on, they are still early after all. I'm excited for the new batch coming up.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Everyone, unless you're an insider with relevant info for this topic, do not link to your personal Twitter/YouTube/etc accounts. There's literally a rule against it.

No advertisements are allowed in posts. Any content shared in order to promote personal accounts and sites must be done in signatures or profile.
 

Kushikime

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2019
Messages
167
Reaction score
359
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I wasn’t happy with Moriking since the police shoot an unarmed man. Got removed because I linked my twitter. My b. I know this was written before the fact but I can’t help but feel upset reading the chapter.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
there's a way to get rid of his guilt by coming clean about the plagiarism, if he shows people the microwave and the future issues they will believe him
there was another chance to get rid of his guilt when his editor showed him his fan letters he said won't force him to serialize the oneshot, yet he did it anyway showing he's not that morally clear

his thoughts bubbles and actions this chapter make it sounds he thinks he's a martyr, especially the part where he goes "only I can draw this manga"

this makes it hard for me to like him, but the manga clearly want us to cheer for him by showing us how hard he's working without an ac in the summer bit which is what bothering me

I really hope the author knows what he's doing and there's some kinda of plan, I like the initial premise and hope it get executed well
But what you're looking for would be solved in just 3 chapters, and there would be no more history.
That's what I said before, this is a story about a guy who made a mistake and will pay for that mistake in the future, only now is not the time for that.
 

Magister Xehanort

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
334
Reaction score
1,337
Age
32
Country
Brazil
I don't read Yuuna, but it's kinda funny that since I joined this thread everybody says that Yuuna should've ended already, that the author dragged the series too long, but now the actual ending is rushed. Lol Ironic
I've been reading this thread for years and whenever I read people saying that Yuuna was ending or at the end I thought people were wrong because they still had a lot of loose ends and plots that were missing, a few chapters ago was the first time I thought that the manga could be ending. And yet I think the last few chapters have been rushed, and it still has some loose ends, as some school mysteries have yet to be solved.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top