Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,599
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,552
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
According to spoilers, no One Piece chapter in issue 30 (which was pretty obvious since we've had One Piece chapters for 3 consecutive weeks)
 
Last edited:

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
So it's going to live after all?
Depends on how you see it. If they opt to publish this in volume only instead of doing so in the mag, it could be a sign it got axed. Who knows.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Depends on how you see it. If they opt to publish this in volume only instead of doing so in the mag, it could be a sign it got axed. Who knows.
Basically a last fare-well to its fans then?
 

Lil meen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
502
Reaction score
754
Age
23
Country
United States
Just like demon slayer it looks like they are making it a huge multimedia franchise even after the end of serialization. Can’t blame them because both were absolutely massive for shonen jump.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
I love how Time for Torture Princess is casually tearing down the fourth wall.

I wonder if this will become a trend.
 

pamuchi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2019
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
3,654
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Mexico
Just like demon slayer it looks like they are making it a huge multimedia franchise even after the end of serialization. Can’t blame them because both were absolutely massive for shonen jump.
KnY was already a huge multimedia franchise before its ending (if you count the two games, stage play and the movie). But I think Neverland is getting more stuff than KnY, the live action, the series from Hollywood, 2nd season, exhibition, game and the special project Pozuka is preparing.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
can't.... resist the pun...



1010
 

ChrissyR5

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2020
Messages
71
Reaction score
342
Age
25
Country
Russian Federation
I hope other mangakas make an illustration for KNY and TPN on their last volume just like they did with Food Wars.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I want to start compiling some data on the newbies so that I could have something to refer to when it comes to their chances of survival. If I may ask what each of the surviving (or axed) newbies have/had that could be used as an argument for their survival? An asset of sorts. For some examples:

Undead Unluck - Has a Twitter account (~8,000 subscribers)
MASHLE - Has a Twitter account (~7,000 subscribers)
Moriking - First ranking was #3, the highest for a newbie in a good while.
Time Paradox Ghostwriter - Launch coincided with the finale of Demon Slayer
Ayakashi Triangle - Launch coincided with the finale of The Promised Neverland
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
I want to start compiling some data on the newbies so that I could have something to refer to when it comes to their chances of survival. If I may ask what each of the surviving (or axed) newbies have/had that could be used as an argument for their survival? An asset of sorts. For some examples:

Undead Unluck - Has a Twitter account (~8,000 subscribers)
MASHLE - Has a Twitter account (~7,000 subscribers)
Moriking - First ranking was #3, the highest for a newbie in a good while.
Time Paradox Ghostwriter - Launch coincided with the finale of Demon Slayer
Ayakashi Triangle - Launch coincided with the finale of The Promised Neverland
I would rather we wait and see if Ayakashi will be a new hit. The reception for the first chapter is mixed, although that is not to say it can't improve in the next few chapters or even its first major arc.
 

ChrissyR5

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2020
Messages
71
Reaction score
342
Age
25
Country
Russian Federation
I would rather we wait and see if Ayakashi will be a new hit. The reception for the first chapter is mixed, although that is not to say it can't improve in the next few chapters or even its first major arc.
It was trending in Japan yesterday
 

Bodoro

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
209
Reaction score
240
Age
25
Country
Canada
I want to start compiling some data on the newbies so that I could have something to refer to when it comes to their chances of survival. If I may ask what each of the surviving (or axed) newbies have/had that could be used as an argument for their survival? An asset of sorts. For some examples:

Undead Unluck - Has a Twitter account (~8,000 subscribers)
MASHLE - Has a Twitter account (~7,000 subscribers)
Moriking - First ranking was #3, the highest for a newbie in a good while.
Time Paradox Ghostwriter - Launch coincided with the finale of Demon Slayer
Ayakashi Triangle - Launch coincided with the finale of The Promised Neverland
I can only think of AGRAVITY BOYS which has a Twitter account as well with 4.3K followers.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Doesn't mean much. Trending means it got some attention, which is good but it could very well be mixed or negative attention. We will have to wait and see.
The interesting thing was that I think there was also a bigger trend wondering if it was a “TS yuri” (according to Google Translate) series or not. So there’s definitely some attention. It’s probably mixed, but many people are happy that Yabuki’s writing a series again.

I was debating on putting in the trending thing, but thought that this was stronger evidence. I wanted to also say that it was Yabuki’s first new serializations that he’s writing in 11 years, but bigger veterans have flopped. Ultimately, it’s Jump. Ayakashi will have to prove itself now - though I still see it as a mainstay.
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,121
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
The interesting thing was that I think there was also a bigger trend wondering if it was a “TS yuri” (according to Google Translate) series or not. So there’s definitely some attention. It’s probably mixed, but many people are happy that Yabuki’s writing a series again.

I was debating on putting in the trending thing, but thought that this was stronger evidence. I wanted to also say that it was Yabuki’s first new serializations that he’s writing in 11 years, but bigger veterans have flopped. Ultimately, it’s Jump. Ayakashi will have to prove itself now - though I still see it as a mainstay.
you are sure that veteran authors usually fail, but the majority who returned to the jump had a success before Yabuki had 2 success.
To love ru is also his, even if he just designed it.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
you are sure that veteran authors usually fail, but the majority who returned to the jump had a success before Yabuki had 2 success.
To love ru is also his, even if he just designed it.
Too much of a wild card. Kishimoto’s new serialization failed. And I’m pretty sure one of the returning veterans succeeded with Beelzebub before failing with Hungry Marie.

Yabuki is a bit of a unique case, as he has a cult following of sorts. But, again, time will tell.
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
Let us not forget that Hachi failed despite Nishi's last work Muhyo & Roji being much more successful.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Fujimaki (RxL), Nishi (Hachi), Shiibashi (Illegal Rare), Watsuki (Guns Blaze West), Kishi (S8) are all some examples of high profile mangaka failing on their return (in brackets).
There are more but I can't be arsed to remember.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
3,618
Age
26
Country
United States
The interesting thing was that I think there was also a bigger trend wondering if it was a “TS yuri” (according to Google Translate) series or not.
Makes sense lol, I don't think it will be, but I get the feeling fans of that genre (myself included I guess) won't be left out to dry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top