Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 1156 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

MysticCatto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
That jump GIGA cover man... The feels.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
imagine time paradox gets axed after all this buzz and hype around it in the US
Well I would like receipts for buzz and hype in the US. Seems anecdotal and based on whatever site you peruse. It doesnt seem its as widely talked about and known as TPN chp1 was.

Lol how can you say that knowing WSJ & how much it sells. It can get one and it can be pulled off well if its in the hands of a passionate staff.

There's a lot of fan animations for CSM and they're beautiful. I've never seen a series before have so many fan animations, especially before an anime. Here's a good example

Imagine CSM by shaft & directed by Akiyuki Shinbo? That is perfection and will fit CSM.
CSM has a unique artstyle that presents challenges to anime. Unless CSM would be a anime where fan animator cuts make up the majority of ever episode, it is hard to see how these dreams and aspirations would be anything more than that.

It’s also crazy because it’s starting to already gain a decent following in the west. Notable you tubers like chibi reviews and mothers basement have reviewed this manga already despite it having less than ten chapters. It would just feel weird if it gets axed especially if it is under 19 chapters.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Arent we putting a little too much stock into saying something has "gained a following" and "is popular" because youtuber X has decided to give it a video. It is still a relatively unknown series that they are making a video for to try to get more people to read it. (also what mothers basement are you even talking about? there isn't one specific to whatever series youre discussing...)

Gaining a decent following in the west is also pretty vague and unclear, you could say the six people that post in the thread on this very forum is a "decent follow" doesnt mean much tbh.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Well, Hawks was just outside the top 10 last time and he wasn't even shown in the anime. There's a chance he will get higher this time.

An anime for Chainsaw Man is pretty much a given right now considering how much it sells and how popular it is.

An anime is not a copy + paste of a manga. Chainsaw Man would be amazing with a hyper stylistical adaptation and there are plenty of animators out there capable of doing so who are showing love for the series and already posting animations of it.

Shaft is not even close to what it was once, a good number of people under Shaft migrated to other studios with many going to David Pro. And Devilman Crybaby is from Science Saru.

As far as I'm concerned, Shinbo hasn't worked in a production since 2018.
I am aware of Shaft members moving to David Pro but wasn't aware of Shinbo not doing anything since 2018. Interesting enough the move to David Pro happened around the same time as Shinbo last work. Regardless, a CSM adaptation by Shinbo would be incredible. David Pro was another one of my top choice anyway.

Zetsyn

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Still hard to believe that after this week, Boku no Hero Academia will be the second-longest running series in the magazine (barring Hunter, which in fact, should not be far away from beating its hiatus record). Speaking of which, am happy to see it get a cover as expected, has been quite a while since we've seen even a color page from Hori, much less a cover.

I want to print out that GIGA cover and hang it on my wall, will truly miss them.

8th and 6th CPs for Chainsawman and act-age respectively, wonder how much they will end up having by the end of the year.

Ryuusei

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
CSM has a unique artstyle that presents challenges to anime. Unless CSM would be a anime where fan animator cuts make up the majority of ever episode, it is hard to see how these dreams and aspirations would be anything more than that.
These fan animators can be hired as freelancers lol. It has become more common nowadays with the internet. One sakubuta said Chainsaw Man not getting an anime or a subpar anime would be a waste given that so many talented animators have expressed love for it. Given the right staff, schedule and resources, Chainsaw Man's anime could be one hell of an spectacle.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
These fan animators can be hired as freelancers lol. It has become more common nowadays with the internet. One sakubuta said Chainsaw Man not getting an anime or a subpar anime would be a waste given that so many talented animators have expressed love for it. Given the right staff, schedule and resources, Chainsaw Man's anime could be one hell of an spectacle.
Yeah, as Tamil said, I've seen multiple fan animations for Chainsaw Man. I've only seen one for Demon Slayer for comparison.

A Chainsaw Man anime could really work.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
like I said, unless the entirety of the anime is made of these fan animations, it is unclear that it would be anything like you are they are describing. Perhaps I missed where such anime exist beyond a one or two episode for a major fight in a show like BLack Clover or Boruto or FGO or Paranoia Agent.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
someones serious about getting their otaku cred lol.

mixed on the color spread.

kind of wish it was something like the final one we got for Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Last edited:

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ll always feel really mixed about leakers putting huge watermarks on their imagesz

On one end I get that you want you credit. But at the same time, is watermarks on a image of work that doesn’t belong to you really that important? Nobody is even going to associate the image with you in a few days when the official image comes out

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
From what I've read, they put those watermarks to avoid problems like getting caught and terminate their accounts. But this is kinda exaggerated lol.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
My Hero Academia 6th anniversary. My baby is so old now. I hope this time Hori does a proper color page when the next popularity poll results get released.

yadayada

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Here we can appreciate better both covers
Very nice cover.

Yeah, as Tamil said, I've seen multiple fan animations for Chainsaw Man. I've only seen one for Demon Slayer for comparison.

A Chainsaw Man anime could really work.
You really haven't looked much if you've only seen one for KnY lol. But yeah, CSM has had a lot as well.

The chainsaw anime will probably have some CGI (if only because I don't see any other way to pull off some of the designs, I'm sure those who are caught up know what I'm referring to) but I still expect a high quality product either way. There definitely seems to be a lot of love for it.

One Piece (Cover & LCP)
Dr. Stone
My Hero Academia
Jujutsu Kaisen
Ayakashi Triangle
Chainsaw Man
Me & Roboco
Undead Unluck
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
Mitama Security
KochiKame (One-shot)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Gin Iro no Seven (One-shot, CP)
Black Clover
Mashle (CP)
We Never Learn
Act-Age
Mission: Yozakura Family
Moriking
Time Paradox Ghostwriter
Agravity Boys
Bone Collection

Issue #35
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia (6 years of serialization and Popularity of the War Arc + Popularity Poll)
CP: Chainsaw Man (2,500,00 in circulation), Act-Age (Great popularity of the Taiga Arc), Ao no Hako (One-shot by Miura Kouji)
Extended Chapter: Mashle
From 2.1mln last month to 2.5mln now (including volume 8 I assume), very good increase for chainsaw. Also, Miura Kouji has pretty great art.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
Stop talking about non-WSJ/Jump+/M+ series in here, everyone.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I hope TPGW gets a bump due to its good chapters around 6/7, but lets see.

Which Moriking chapter was ranked that low? 6/7 as well? I hope it bounces back.

Status
Not open for further replies.