Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,503
Reaction score
39,573
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!​

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10


Good Votes!
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.~ Halloween
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file
 
Last edited:

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Thanks.

And One Piece 97 should be released in September?
That was the planned date, but that volume is gone from Shueisha's site, but it still is on Jump's site and the release date hasn't been altered there. We'll have to wait for any confirmation from the magazine to know if it will be released on the same date or later.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
But why make it slip in fact, the chapters for the volume are ready. Rather, I expect the cover to come out soon.
 

perroloco

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
915
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
@Ice King you mean why they changed the date? The simple answer would be probably because of Covid that sadly has skyrocketed again in Japan, that may delay some titles as it did in the past, I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe Kimetu's volumes getting at least a bit delayed too, seeing how both OP and KnY are the titles that probably require most volumes printed. Of course this is just my assumption.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
@Ice King you mean why they changed the date? The simple answer would be probably because of Covid that sadly has skyrocketed again in Japan, that may delay some titles as it did in the past, I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe Kimetu's volumes getting at least a bit delayed too, seeing how both OP and KnY are the titles that probably require most volumes printed. Of course this is just my assumption.
I don't think that's the reason.

Also because there are chapters to fill up the volumes, especially Kimetsu.

And the other series have not been delayed.
 

Serinox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
1,928
Reaction score
4,781
Country
Dragonstone
Also, I heard this somewhere but apparently Watsuki got caught because he googled how to dispose of those magazines or something like that? I heard that, or read it somewhere though maybe it was just a rumor/fake, but if true at least he wanted to get rid of them..
Not, it was due to his name coming up in a different investigation
According to the Public Prosecutors Office, Watsuki possessed multiple DVDs with videos of nude girls in their early teens and other materials last October. Authorities were searching Watsuki's home as part of a different investigation, which linked him to the purchase of DVDs with child pornography. The Tokyo Metropolitan Police then found the DVDs at Watsuki's office in Tokyo.
It's not unheard of manga continuing without their original writter/artist
It is pretty unheard of though, at least within a series. I guess it would be possible if they reboot Act-Age with a new name, like "Act-Age, Part 2: Battle Tendency" or something. (Joking, because I can't think of a good title rn, but usually in manga, writers or artists only get replaced for sequels/spin-offs, not mid-series).
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Ok guys. Only two months left for Jujutsu Kaisen anime.

Right now the manga is selling more than established series like Dr.Stone or Black Clover without anime help. With anime it has the potential to reach My Hero Academia sales levels.

Do you think Jujutsu Kaisen will be able to become the next big title of Shonen Jump and fill some of the emptiness Jump is having now in the top tier right now?
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,297
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Ok guys. Only two months left for Jujutsu Kaisen anime.

Right now the manga is selling more than established series like Dr.Stone or Black Clover without anime help. With anime it has the potential to reach My Hero Academia sales levels.

Do you think Jujutsu Kaisen will be able to become the next big title of Shonen Jump and fill some of the emptiness Jump is having now in the top tier right now?
Definitely.
He and Chainsaw Man.
Provided the authors don't get in trouble.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
15,717
Gender
Male
Country
Spain

Zetsyn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2020
Messages
90
Reaction score
236
Country
Philippines
Good and cute oneshot, I see why alot of people were supporting it. Though much like his other oneshot Parasol Alliance, I wonder how it would be done as a series (If he is in fact getting serialized with this).
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Same here. I can also see why some mentioned it reminded them of their first time falling in love.
 

ItsSamu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
651
Reaction score
2,890
Gender
Male
Country
Scotland
What a sweet one shot. Now I hate that it isn't a series (yet). I wouldn't totally count it as a sports manga replacement since this is more romance with a sports setting but there's a lot a that could be done with it to expand upon that. If it was serialised I'd love if they were a couple from the end of the first chapter onwards and it showed their respective sport journeys, that would be quite refreshing.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
What a sweet one shot. Now I hate that it isn't a series (yet). I wouldn't totally count it as a sports manga replacement since this is more romance with a sports setting but there's a lot a that could be done with it to expand upon that. If it was serialised I'd love if they were a couple from the end of the first chapter onwards and it showed their respective sport journeys, that would be quite refreshing.
Not a bad idea, but I think they’ll go with the “boring” route of them being as is and belong to their respective basketball teams and chasing the nationals together.
 

mangaman93

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
46
Age
32
Country
India
Thanks a lot for sharing this! I really liked the one-shot. I wish it gets a series!

I think they’ll go with the “boring” route of them being as is and belong to their respective basketball teams and chasing the nationals together.
I dont think it will be as boring if they struggle with the relationship. But, I do see a problem if it takes that route, it will distract from being a proper sports manga and juggle too much between romance and sports.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I dont think it will be as boring if they struggle with the relationship. But, I do see a problem if it takes that route, it will distract from being a proper sports manga and juggle too much between romance and sports.
That’s why I used quotation marks.

It’s certainly a pretty big gamble. The author’s relatively new, so it would be risky for him to attempt it. But it would pay off big if he actually does pull it off.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
think its too soon for another volleyball. also has love and sports ever worked well beyond one shots and short series?
 

TheEnhancedExe

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2017
Messages
281
Reaction score
344
Age
29
Country
Germany
The mangaka is known for making romance manga. So I think if it becomes a series it would most likely focus a lot more on the romance aspect than the sports themselves. I doubt Shueisha would suggest drastic changes because it was received so well.
 

Neala897

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
2,639
Age
36
Country
Russian Federation
You know what else had pretty good nice oneshort? Nisekoi. See how it went.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top