Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck_Atlas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2018
Messages
1,083
Reaction score
1,557
Country
Peru
Well damn I might as well become a Hanae Stan from now on, All praise Hanae-sama lmao, he really was able to draw way more people towards Mashle.

So nice to see a series I’ve been a fan of from the very beginning doing so great like this, I even remember how it was the most low key of its batch when it first came out
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,442
Reaction score
3,619
Age
26
Country
United States
Wonder how long it'll take Mashle to surpass Ayakashi as the highest seller of all the newbies.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Seems like Magu-chan's not growing but hopefully those numbers mean it's at least stable. I'm curious how Roboco will compare for its v2.

I'm actually not too surprised at Blood Oath sticking around on the chart okay, its main problem is how un-WSJ it is. Put it in Jump Square or GFantasy where its style is more welcome and I think it could do fairly well
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
lol this numbers are around what vol.1 of Jujutsu Kaisen sold when it started to get a boost from the anime:

40. Jujutsu Kaisen #1 (25,210 / 613,032)

Which means CSM #1 without a anime is selling around what JJK #1 sold only after the anime, that's impressive.
I don’t like counting chickens before they hatch, but post-anime CSM *could* end up a bigger hit than JJK potentially.

I know, I know, it’s too early to predict that, but it’s just a gut feeling. Which I admit, could be completely off-base.

I’m really excited to see what happens, at any rate.
 

Thehoennhippo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
2,442
Reaction score
3,619
Age
26
Country
United States
Seems like Magu-chan's not growing but hopefully those numbers mean it's at least stable. I'm curious how Roboco will compare for its v2.
Yeah Magu doesn't seem to have grown at all, feel bad for it's fans on here. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if it runs as long as Agravity did at this point. Very curious about Roboco volume 2, lots of signs point to growth (high placements, the twitter account has a fair amount of followers, general positive reception as well as promo) but then again if you told me a week ago that Magu wasn't going to grow I wouldn't have believed you so we'll just have to wait and see. I hope we at least get a new Roboco CP in a few weeks for volume 2 though.
 

julidagx

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2020
Messages
72
Reaction score
223
Age
28
Country
Venezuela
Wonder how long it'll take Mashle to surpass Ayakashi as the highest seller of all the newbies.
It probably already has.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don’t like counting chickens before they hatch, but post-anime CSM *could* end up a bigger hit than JJK potentially.

I know, I know, it’s too early to predict that, but it’s just a gut feeling. Which I admit, could be completely off-base.

I’m really excited to see what happens, at any rate.
Everything points to CSM having a huge boost, since more people have been buying the volumes during the last months, unless the anime sucks, of course xd (i dont think that's going to happen but still), even then, it would probably get a little boost anyway
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,300
Reaction score
7,339
Age
33
Country
Scotland
It's possible CSM could receive very little anime boost if people have all already heard of it and bought it. Perhaps this secondary boost it seems to have gotten from Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen's is functioning like its own anime boost.
 

ginsenjou

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
52
Reaction score
63
Age
36
Country
United Kingdom
I like Magu-chan so I'm sad to see it not grow much although I had a feeling both it and Roboco wouldn't have a big growth with their 2nd volumes. Still too early to know how Roboco will do though.

I said it before but I think CSM will be fill the hole that AOT has and will be the next big anime in the West. It's not as kid-friendly like KNY or JJK so I'm not sure if it will have huge boost post-anime
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Perhaps this secondary boost it seems to have gotten from Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen's is functioning like its own anime boost.
What boost has it gotten from those two series?
 

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
Perhaps this secondary boost it seems to have gotten from Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen's is functioning like its own anime boost
Yeah the boost totally has nothing to do with the manga ending and the anime being announced its only because it has devils in it like KnY and Jujutsu:grumble
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah the boost totally has nothing to do with the manga ending and the anime being announced its only because it has devils in it like KnY and Jujutsu:grumble
Don’t forget the award! But anyway, CSM has several things going for it that are contributing to this boost.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes, Shueisha is DMCA-ing content of their IPs across the internet (fanart, clips, etc) due to a law that passed in Japan recently.

I ask that this situation be discussed in the supplemental thread, however.

 

AbrahamOmosun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
400
Reaction score
1,024
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
"Zank you so much, Best-o Friend-o" should be the series tagline.
Second this.

The PV is cool and all (especially Miwa vs Maki) but they didn't show Mei Mei so that is an automatic 5/10 for me :mono. Also is it the OP or ED playing?
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Seems like Magu-chan's not growing but hopefully those numbers mean it's at least stable. I'm curious how Roboco will compare for its v2.
battle of the mascot
the chad Doraemon clone vs the virgin Keroro gunso clone

anyway, speaking of the things that doesn't grow
Ayakashi Triangle is doing the same thing as Darling in the Franxx and Yuuna-san did before it
volume 1 sell really well then it stagnate and almost never grow
this seems to be a pattern with ecchi manga, it attract loyal otakus and no one else
 

SeileM

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 29, 2020
Messages
46
Reaction score
34
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
It's been more than 2 weeks since last TOC. I want to know if there will be more newbies in next issue.
 

NeeNeen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
1,218
Country
United Nations
OP extra (Sanji, Banquet Assistant): That was really, really good. Much more enjoyable than the recent OP chapters, if I may say so. Nice drawings, simple but effective story, and I love the character interactions. This person is clearly a fan.

OP: That was a lot more coherent than the previous chapters, at least. But it's still incredibly crowded (in every sense of the word) and it loses impact because of it.

Moriking: So Evolution is a literal god now, and he can apparently change insects into humans without requiring any actual evolution. This is so unscientific it hurts.

Emotionally it's not bad though, I actually quite like the ending (so far). It feels like a nice complete short story, rather than a cancelation victim.

Dr Stone: That’s one impressive reveal.

Build King: This feels like a decent mystery for 9-year-olds. Which is probably the target audience, so... good job? Still does little for me though.

Roboco: Nice exposition spoof. And nice homage, I suppose, even though the references got a bit too wild for me in places.

Sakamoto: I really like this series. Even when there’s not too much happening, the characters are all enjoyable and it’s just fun to read.

OBO: This one has the opposite problem. There are actually interesting things happening in this chapter, but none of the characters are really likable and the whole thing just feels miserable.

PS: Nice! I figured it was a set-up, but the interactions are really fun, and the spooky images work very well too.

UU: That just made more questions. I’m glad we learned a bit about Victor, but it’s still a shame we didn’t get to see some more past experiences.

Magu-chan: I dunno about college, lady. I feel like Ruru hasn't inherited your intelligence. She might do better in a job that requires less technical skill but lots of empathy.

MHA: On the one hand, it helps to stress the seriousness of war. On the other hand, I feel like nothing really happened in this chapter and the arc already felt so very long.

C&D: Now this is fun! Finally a serious case with action and mystery. I hope they keep this up for a while and don't go visiting a playground or something next chapter.

Mashle: What about Abel? Pretty sure he had three lines and was younger. Or has this kid been hiding his for years now?

The boardgame was kinda fun, albeit short. The rest of the chapter was uninteresting to me because the walking stereotype whining about boredom was the most boring thing I’ve seen in a while.

Yozakura: Filler, but cute.

TPN: Not sure how I feel about this one. It's kinda nice, but it's bleak. A lot of chapters this issue are bleak.

I'm glad they changed things up for the series though, the demon premise was definitely a lot more interesting.

AB: That was crazy from beginning to end. (But this one definitely feels cancelled. They didn't even try to wrap things up. In fact, they pretty much started another story arc and then rushed through it… Even if there’s an epilogue coming, this was a weird choice.)


A website opened up for the worldwide popularity poll.
I wonder how many people are voting for this every day...
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Honto Daily Ranking - 1/8

#3 My Hero Academia 29
#5 Chainsaw Man 10
#10 Jujutsu Kaisen 14
#18 Dr. Stone 19
#22 Black Clover 27
#37 We Never Learn 20
#46 Mashle 4
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top