Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 436 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2021] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Weekly Shonen Jump #52 (2021)
Dorondororon (New Series, Cover, Lead Color Pages)
My Hero Academa
One Piece
Witch Watch
Dr. Stone
Protect Me, Shugomaru! (Color Page)
Sakamoto Days
Blue Box
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Ayashimon
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Black Clover
Undead Unluck
PPPPPP
High School Family
Ayakashi Triangle
Mashle

Weekly Shonen Jump #1 (2022) - Information
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Pages)
Dorondororon (Color Page)
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)

Last edited:

Pietro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
were many people even reading jump before 2011? I dont think I got into it until like 2012 or so. Cant have a baseline if one wasn't following before then. I think I did read some soccer manga, was it, that was before then, that only had like a volume.

oddly i dont even see many people in this here thread who was even on this site prior to 2011.
I started in 2010 about.. so i can't remember series before of that.
I believe you are talking about light wing, but I'm not sure
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I still have PTSD from the Judos, Hi Fi Cluster and Sporting Salt batch. My word, one of the most atrocious serialization rounds I have ever witnessed come into the mag. Sporting Salt in particular was complete amateur hour
I remember that Judos fights were good,though
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Worst cancelled manga I finished: I tell c (probably the worst series I've read from the magazine in the past 10 or so years). Runner-up would be Zan.
Worst cancelled manga I dropped: SWOT (so probably the overall worst), with Iron Knight as a runner-up.

There are plenty of cancelled series that I haven't properly tried that might end up lower if I did go back and read them.

On a more positive note, Cross Manage and MAGICO would be my favourite cancelled series. Can't think of any super early cancellation that ended up all that satisfying on balance.
I believe they ended more with natural ending

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
If we get a sports manga in the next batch, which sport would you most want it to be about?

For me I'd love to see someone try a Hockey Manga

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Anyway in my opinion one of the best axed series is Hungry Joker, it was a pity it was axed, the idea was amazing
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If we get a sports manga in the next batch, which sport would you most want it to be about?

A Wrestling manga would be interesting

OniluapL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I hope for a skateboarding manga. Japan just won gold medals in the Olympics, so the timing is actually pretty good for it.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I dunno about necessarily being the worst, but Time Paradox Ghostwriter with its premise being so rejected by the Japanese audience that they rewrote entire speech bubbles in the volume release, was easily the most disastrous serialization in recent memory.

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
no one said Takaya
oddly i dont even see many people in this here thread who was even on this site prior to 2011.
is this a trick question?

What reason is there to go back and read old axed manga?
what's the difference between reading a cancelled manga or watching a film that flopped?

Kushikime

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I agree with what another user said. Wrestling. I just don’t know how deep you can be or how JP feels about talking heel or face etc in the story

4Eyes

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I dunno about necessarily being the worst, but Time Paradox Ghostwriter with its premise being so rejected by the Japanese audience that they rewrote entire speech bubbles in the volume release, was easily the most disastrous serialization in recent memory.
Lmao I didn't even know this happened.

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
More specifically they removed any mentions of plagiarism in the volume releases. Though considering the entire rest of the manga is repeated excuses to justify MC's plagiarism I don't really see much point in them doing that.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i wonder if the international versions updated their chapters, or viz, now that the manga is out (today)

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Yeah, here are three examples that JP users have pointed out on Twitter. Most notably in the first two examples, as tirakai already wrote, is the omission of the word "パクリ" (pakuri, meaing "plagiarism" or "rip-off") in the rewording. I mean, I have seen typo corrections and small Kanji adjustments in volume releases before, but rarely such an extensive change as in this first example x)

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Daily Shoseki Top 500 (7/26/21)

73. Black Clover #29
161. The Elusive Samurai #1
323. Mission: Yozakura Family #9
431. Undead Unluck #7
486. Phantom Seer #4

PS making a quick return.

CuriousReborn

Reaction score
Country
Bahrain
Its less about the act of plagiarism itself and more so on the story trying to justify his plagiarism that really pissed people off.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What pisses me off about TPGW is that someone here in the forum (sorry for not remembering now) posted what should have happened for the manga to be really good. It would have required a change in perspective, change of main character, but it would have been a lot better and the main premise could have been preserved. Okay, maybe in the end the Japanese audience wouldn't have liked it, but at least the reveal of the main goal of the "antagonist", that would have been saving the now-main character, would soften the situation from the start (not actual start, but from the plot twist onwards)

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States

Sakamoto Days CP (first of the two consecutive CPs, very popular and sold out thanks)
Witch Watch CP (great response thanks)
Bleach oversized/spread CP (20th anniversary commemoration special chapter, 73 pages)

Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Jesus, what a bad ToC, so many things looking weirdly low, Magu-chan is above The Elusive Samurai that is even in the bottom 5 and Yozakura bottom 2? what a mess is this ToC lol

Well, next issue is supposed to be a group cover right? excited to see what will change since the last group one in terms of size

Status
Not open for further replies.