Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 465 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #26 (5 Choices At Most)

• One Piece 1115

• Jujutsu Kaisen 261

• Mission: Yozakura Family 227

• Me & Roboco 186

• Sakamoto Days 167

• The Elusive Samurai 157

• Witch Watch 157

• Blue Box 150

• Akane Banashi 111

• Kill Blue 54

• Nue's Exorcist 51

• Kagurabachi 34

• Green Green Greens 24

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 15

• Ruri Dragon 14

• Dearn Anemone 14

• Astro Royale 6

• Kyokuto Necromance 5

• Psych House 3

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #26
Nue's Exorcist (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 1st Anniversary)
WITCH WATCH
One Piece
Blue Box (Color Page)
Psych House (23p)
Jujutsu Kaisen
Me & Roboco
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo (Color Page)
Astro Royale
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Kyokuto Necromance
Akane-banashi
The Elusive Samurai
Mission: Yozakura Family
Kill Blue
Kagurabachi
Green Green Greens
Dear Anemone
My Hero Academia (Absent)
Undead Unluck (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump #27 (2024) - Preview
Cover & LCP: SAKAMOTO DAYS
Cp: Undead Unluck; Super Psychic Policeman Chojo

Last edited:

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Anyone wanna bet how fast it will be before a certain someone gets banned? My money on 1 week.

Bulju

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

Astro is doomed lmao
Normally I'd warn against paying attention to these things because they're hardly ever a good predictor of success, but I think it is worrying that Astro in particular, which is relying on the author's already established fanbase, is getting this little engagement.

Also, really guys? Posting a twitter poll is banworthy now? I dislike Enjoyer as much as the next person but he's not the one causing trouble for the thread this time. He already said the r-word once, he'll find a way to get himself banned again eventually. Please stop piling on every single thing that he posts and constantly derailing the thread.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Normally I'd warn against paying attention to these things because they're hardly ever a good predictor of success, but I think it is worrying that Astro in particular, which is relying on the author's already established fanbase, is getting this little engagement.
Theres just a few fundamental problems with using this trend as predictive of anything...people don't always tweet using the full name or even a name at all, quotes have said it's only made in as little as an hour after the magazine is on sale as well. Just seems there's other ways to track a series than using this metric (in addition to popular series just plain missing)

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I don't know if that part of the one shot even had controversy, but the slavery was the only thing I could think of that would be controversial. Also One Piece had that commentary in a different era.
Okay fair enough.

Phantom RPG

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Also, really guys? Posting a twitter poll is banworthy now? I dislike Enjoyer as much as the next person but he's not the one causing trouble for the thread this time. He already said the r-word once, he'll find a way to get himself banned again eventually. Please stop piling on every single thing that he posts and constantly derailing the thread.
Again, I do the 8 week wait just to gather reactions and see if things are good. Its the norm for me at least.

Also, I have to stress that I think folks should wait until we get proper evidence that a series is doing badly especially when we only have four chapters to go on and that's not enough for a clear indication of failure.

Kurama58

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Are we expecting A Cover for Nue's anniversary? or will it get a Color page for anniversary?

Enjoyer

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Are we expecting A Cover for Nue's anniversary? or will it get a Color page for anniversary?
Personally, I would celebrate if it didn't because i want to see it got axed so badly.

But that just goes to show how much favoritism this magazine has. 25K garbage got the cover twice, not including the first one. meanwhile, the newcomers were treated like shit.

Phantom RPG

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
We are wait and see at the moment but I do think it gets the cover. If not than I am really questioning if the series is not on Nakano's radar.

KrenKren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If they give the cover to a series which only a few issues ago hit bottom two, I'd be severely depressed.
Maybe if Nue sold well, or even exhibited signs of future growth, but the most it managed this month was a single days backlog.
It's not doing well. If Jump were smart, they'd keep it on the short leash for whenever they need something to axe.

coldmess

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, reading the jp opinions about Psych House on 5ch, Animanch and Twitter so far, and well....they're not impressed at all, i'm actually surprised with the lukewarm response, most of the comments are basically saying "ehh, not bad but is also not good enough", and there's also quite a discussion going on about how the author wrote the whole situation of the mc doing shoplifting and most are not being positive about how it was resolved, but it's not like people hate it, but is hard to find anyone saying they loved it, also a lot of "don't see it surviving" even on Twitter which is general more positive with new series, so yeah, wasn't expecting this kind of response after reading the chapter... -_-;
I wouldn't be surprised if this is true. Obviously I'm not an expert on Japanese society, but all the media I've seen and read makes it seem like they take crimes like shoplifting a lot more seriously. There seems to be a cultural difference in how we view people growing and changing and how they believe crimes follow you forever. Once again, this is just my observation.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If they give the cover to a series which only a few issues ago hit bottom two, I'd be severely depressed.
Maybe if Nue sold well, or even exhibited signs of future growth, but the most it managed this month was a single days backlog.
It's not doing well. If Jump were smart, they'd keep it on the short leash for whenever they need something to axe.
"Not doing well" is a bit of an overstatement. It's sales are slowly growing, and it's mostly at the back of the TOC because of lack of options. I'm not gonna say it's doing great because that would be delusional, but historically they stick with newer growing series over established stagnates. Like, we joke but it truly is a miracle that Undead Unluck hasn't been canceled or moved by now. Plus so many established series seem to be wrapping up like Yozakura, MHA, and JJK.

Kurama58

Reaction score
Country
France
It's true that TOC wise, it's been in the bottom for quite some times now and it even got bellow GGG once, but on the other hand, many series are ending so Jump may not want to give up on a stable 30k Seller
There is also the possibility of the new series doing worse than Nue too

KrenKren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"Not doing well" is a bit of an overstatement. It's sales are slowly growing, and it's mostly at the back of the TOC because of lack of options. I'm not gonna say it's doing great because that would be delusional, but historically they stick with newer growing series over established stagnates. Like, we joke but it truly is a miracle that Undead Unluck hasn't been canceled or moved by now. Plus so many established series seem to be wrapping up like Yozakura, MHA, and JJK.
"It's mostly at the back of the ToC for a lack of options," like it wasn't placed behind Green Green Greens last issue. No matter how you slice it, and I've said this before, ranking bottom two is terrible and the fact Dear Anemone was all that kept it from dead last is more than telling in my opinion. As for sales, since it's tracking behind Undead Unluck we can reason whatever growth it does have will be extremely minimal, and I don't expect that to ever change either; as mentioned previously its backlog remained in shoseki for only a single day.

Jump may very well stick with it, and I have acknowledged that possibility here and in the past, but that doesn't mean it's doing any better.

Kurama58

Reaction score
Country
France
"It's mostly at the back of the ToC for a lack of options," like it wasn't placed behind Green Green Greens last issue. No matter how you slice it, and I've said this before, ranking bottom two is terrible and the fact Dear Anemone was all that kept it from dead last is more than telling in my opinion. As for sales, since it's tracking behind Undead Unluck we can reason whatever growth it does have will be extremely minimal, and I don't expect that to ever change either; as mentioned previously its backlog remained in shoseki for only a single day.

Jump may very well stick with it, and I have acknowledged that possibility here and in the past, but that doesn't mean it's doing any better.
Will jump even let a 30k series go away? even if this state of the magazine? (MHA/JJK are ending)

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
MHA and JJK are just about to wrap up as we can see their finish lines by about a few feet (or in this case chapters). Yozakura just started its final arc, so this battle is the end.

There is also the possibility of the new series doing worse than Nue too
Are you referring the new series that started in this month?

Enjoyer

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
With these TOC and sales stagnation , Nue will die eventually, even it got the cover next issue

unless it gets unsold unbrought treatment. But it'll be pain in the ass if we got UU 2.0, because only this trash alone bring this magazine to its knees for 4 damn years of this series serialization and i don't want to see these shitshow again

Can't believe they'll have another announcement for this series in august after its massive disaster in anime boost

As for Nue fans, they must praying for nakano's mercy at this point

Last edited:

Kurama58

Reaction score
Country
France
MHA and JJK are just about to wrap up as we can see their finish lines by about a few feet (or in this case chapters). Yozakura just started its final arc, so this battle is the end.

Are you referring the new series that started in this month?
Astro, Necromance and Bucket, Bucket might be already Dead on arrival to my displeasure, necromance may start lower than Nue too, but Astro is less likely due to the obvious shill it gonna get from Jump, but at least 2 new series might start lower than nue

pennycryman

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's cute that people think that Nue is some flop when we've seen Undead Unluck, which may very well be their lowest performing success, get an anime and more covers than Nurarihyon and Whistle. It'll probably get the cover and definitely get an LCP, P6 got one when it was on a downwards trend in the rankings, I don't see why Nue can't either, especially since it's more marketable and on-brand than P6. Heck I don't see why it won't get a cover, Undead went from dead last to cover and LCP.

chareveleuv

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nue either getting a cover will indicate its survival. Anything else, with its TOC and stagnating sales, will indicate it is over. However, a 3 issue batch has never came out after another 3 issue batch. Unless MHA is also ending in the summer, Nue has a chance to make it to fall.

It's cute that people think that Nue is some flop when we've seen Undead Unluck, which may very well be their lowest performing success, get an anime and more covers than Nurarihyon and Whistle. It'll probably get the cover and definitely get an LCP, P6 got one when it was on a downwards trend in the rankings, I don't see why Nue can't either, especially since it's more marketable and on-brand than P6. Heck I don't see why it won't get a cover, Undead went from dead last to cover and LCP.
UU grew from 15k to 50k in its first year, got a cover in under 40 chapters, and only went last when it had multiple covers. It had a similar start to Sakamoto Days. It was only until volume 5 where it shown decline. Nue already went bottom 2, no additional covers, and stagnated in sales which UU never did in its first year. And Nue may have had a better TOC run than P6, but its sales is similar.