Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 352 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #21 of 2024 (5 Choices At Most)

• One Piece 1112

• Jujutsu Kaisen 257

• Mission: Yozakura Family 223

• Undead Unluck 204

• Me & Roboco 182

• Sakamoto Days 163

• The Elusive Samurai 154

• Witch Watch 153

• Blue Box 146

• Akane Banashi 107

• Kill Blue 50

• Nue's Exorcist 47

• Kagurabachi 30

• Green Green Greens 20

• Shadow Eliminators 19 - Final Chapter!

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 11

• Dear Anemone 10

• Astro Royale 2

• Kyokuto Necromance 1 - New Series!

• Ruri Dragon 12

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Thehoennhippo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Top 5 ranking and yet another color page. Either the surveys have been really good or this is going to be embarrassing in a couple of months. Not feeling the series but happy for Numa if this truly is a hit.

Also great color page for Yozakura, we’ve come so far…

coldmess

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aliens area got a chapter 7 color page too and it ended in 20 chapters.
I just wanna wait to see how it turns out.
Yeah but it never got another one. Chojo had a color page for chapter 7 and now is getting one for chapter 9.

Blink22

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Numa has a hit on his hands with Chojo that will be the fourth returning veteran with a successful series from the past few years alongside Fujimaki, Matsui and Shinohara.

Venerate Veterans

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I am definitely worried about GGG. And seeing the bottom 5, in a similar state is not giving me full confidence. That and this will be the last chapter of RuriDragon before it is transferred.

KrenKren

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nue is safe
Between its objectively poor ToC rankings and stagnating sales, I wouldn’t be so sure; this feels like an exact repeat of what happened with P6.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (March 27)
6. ONE PIECE #108
69. Blue Box #14
300. Akane-banashi #10
324. WITCH WATCH #15
362. Mission: Yozakura Family #22
Backlog (March 27th)
223. Kagurabachi #1
293. Black Clover #36

Broseph

Reaction score
Country
United States
So Chojo is a straight up hit at least ToC wise. And since it's gag I think, it'll prob stick around since sales expectations are lower. Good for its fans. I'm not a fan of the genre so I didn't bother reading it but I'm glad readers found a new manga that appeals to them

Enezneb

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
That's a good first ranking. And.... another color page for SPPC? Let's go... XDDO0

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
It's weird Chojo getting 2 colour pages immediately, they must really want it to do well. I usually enjoy WSJ's gag manga but Chojo isn't catching with me at all, it's the #1 least funny gag manga they've ran since viz started translating everything imo. Even Shugomaru got more smiles out of me.

Also Mamayuyu still seems to be hanging around in the weird 'maybe' zone. Not well enough to definitely survive, but not badly enough to be a certain axe. I suppose we'll see in the next few issues since it'd be the first to go if it does get cancelled next round.

Bulju

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Can't wait to see how many people turn around on Chojo now that it's confirmed popular with japanese audiences. I still think it's terribly unfunny.

TheRealTravisty

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Eyyy, let’s go, Chojo supremacy! I think the series is okay. I did like the last 2 chapters. Chojo reminds me of Gintoki, my favorite Jump character (although he’s not there yet.) So if the series is a genuine success, I’m all there for it.

And yeah, Dear Anemone is going to be bottom 5 next week for sure.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
equal to the "great popularity" of kill blue that only decreases sales with each volume?
As long as it has good placements it's doing great. Kill Blue will explode once it's animated.

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
As long as it has good placements it's doing great. Kill Blue will explode once it's animated.
The same thing they said with undead unluck.

Renvent

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's weird Chojo getting 2 colour pages immediately, they must really want it to do well. I usually enjoy WSJ's gag manga but Chojo isn't catching with me at all, it's the #1 least funny gag manga they've ran since viz started translating everything imo. Even Shugomaru got more smiles out of me.

Also Mamayuyu still seems to be hanging around in the weird 'maybe' zone. Not well enough to definitely survive, but not badly enough to be a certain axe. I suppose we'll see in the next few issues since it'd be the first to go if it does get cancelled next round.
It's amazing how subjective comedy is. For me, Chojo has been the funniest gag manga WSJ released since Agravity Boys.

Also, this chapter was the ranking for chapter 10 of GGG. Seems the twitter opinion didn't have any effect on reader surveys which was expected. I still hold that it is the best manga of 2023. It's just running in the wrong magazine.

Nue also continues to be bottom 5. Looks like readers didn't like the village arc. It's a shame since I liked the serious turn during the level 3 fight. It's not in danger at the moment but this might discourage the author from continuing with that serious direction.

Last edited:

pennycryman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tbf, all gag manga in Jump have started with high rankings. Magu-chan was in the top 5 for its first ranking yet sunk to the bottom in chapter 14. High School Family was just outside of the top 5, but sunk to the bottom by chapter 15. Heck, Moriking was top 3, and we know how that went. I like Chojo quite a bit, but it is a step down from Samon. I do feel like he toned the scumminess down, which is sad.