Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 401 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Enezneb

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #22/23 (2024)
One Piece (Lead Color Page)
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Jujutsu Kaisen
Blue Box
My Hero Academia
Kyoukutou Necromance (Color Page, 2nd Chapter, 25p)
Akane-banashi
Sakamoto Days
Kamen Kitan Teo (Color Page, One-shot by Goto Togo & Matsuura Kento, 47p)
Kagurabachi (Color Page, First of Two Consecutive, Vol. 2 Release)
Astro Royale (23p)
Mission: Yozakura Family
Witch Watch
Undead Unluck
Kill Blue
The Elusive Samurai
Me & Roboco
Green Green Greens
Nue's Exorcist

Dear Anemone

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #24 (2024) - Information
Cycle Biyori (Cover & LCP, New Series by Kobayashi Omusuke, 54p)
Kagurabachi (Color Page, Second of Two Consecutive, Vol. 2 Release, 200,000 Copies Sale Celebration)
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page, TV Anime Promotion)
Kill Blue (Color Page)
Kyoukutou Necromance (3rd Chapter, 23p)
Mission: Yozakura Family Side Story (Special Chapter)

Last edited by a moderator:

monstera11

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
We reached 400 pages! :confetti

And we're only halfway April! 2023 thread had 598 pages, despite it feeling like some users are a bit more silent recently (but active in the polls) hopfully we can keep going stronger through the year 💪
Gotta blame the stupid comedy vs serious fights that happens weekly.

Shonenfan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't know if is just me but i found Dear Anemone art surprisingly boring, it's technically good but has no impact, there's nothing in the art that makes me go "wow that's cool", not to mention the character designs problem, but i'm sure is just a matter of Matsui being a new artist, this is going to be a good first experience for him, he has potential to develop a great artstyle but he is really underdeveloped at the moment, his art is basically "nice looking" but lacks personality.
I think it’s because there is no diversity in the art. Everything blends together because it’s sort of the same if that makes sense

coldmess

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dear Anemone rushed to the lab and now they've been there for like 5 chapters. It's taking too long to get to whatever the series is trying to be. Like, why do we know more about the villain than any of the heroes? Why do all the characters look the exact same? I think it's an interesting concept but needs some work.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dear Anemone rushed to the lab and now they've been there for like 5 chapters. It's taking too long to get to whatever the series is trying to be. Like, why do we know more about the villain than any of the heroes? Why do all the characters look the exact same? I think it's an interesting concept but needs some work.
Dear Anemone could have probably treated the lab like Shingeki treated the Basement...I miss the collective experience of the long anticipation of whats is in the basement...

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Dear Anemone next chapter will have only 12 pages and no double page spread
No wonder the series didn't get a color page for Chapter 8, seems like the author is really not doing well. A color page would've probably been too much to handle.

KyuKyu555

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The talk that Hattori gave with our duo and Miura regarding comedy and seriousness.
So I went on a little search for that particular talk and I want to confirm it’s the one in Chapter 82 right?🧐😅

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
So I went on a little search for that particular talk and I want to confirm it’s the one in Chapter 82 right?🧐😅
Yes it was.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I always go to that chapter cause it is a good reminder of that subject weather it is a serious story but has humor every once and a while, or a comedic gag series like what we are seeing with Chojo. And I will say this, I think Chojo is way better than Roboco. I am still surprised by how everyone doesn't like Chojo. But on to that subject matter with chapter 82 and looking at the two previous chapters before with the submission of MIA and Stopper of Magma in Bakuman. It really is a question on how these mangaka create their work when it is a matter of their personal tastes and how it can relate to the readers.

pennycryman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tbf, it could also be that Dear Anemone is flopping hard enough for Jump to just straight up not bother giving a color page to it, similar to Shadow, where Green Green Greens got one and it didn't.

SkullMan

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Dear Anemone should have been an edgy Pokemon/Digimon where everyone has their own weird horrifying monster that they're bonded with, and then they just duke it out on this island

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
How is the excitement going for Necromance? i'm very interested, that video preview with the "stands" like got me hyped :nuts

Dear Anemone next chapter will have only 12 pages and no double page spread
This is a actual info or prediction? if info, damn -_-;

Dongus

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dear Anemone could have probably treated the lab like Shingeki treated the Basement...I miss the collective experience of the long anticipation of whats is in the basement...
It ain't got the legs to drag a mystery out for three arcs

shonenblue

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
How is the excitement going for Necromance? i'm very interested, that video preview with the "stands" like got me hyped :nuts
Super pumped for it, though my gut feeling tells me it’ll be probably be a flop lol. My way-too-early prediction is Astro Royale will be the only success of the batch, but Necromance’s vibe is just so cool. Really hoping for its success 🤞

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fervently turning my prayer wheel that Shadow Eliminators will just be starting a new arc. I have faith.

KrenKren

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fervently turning my prayer wheel that Shadow Eliminators will just be starting a new arc. I have faith.
Boundless optimism. I'm rooting for you.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I am interested, but then I had to remember who Naba’s current editor is. I don’t know if that is still relevant now, but if it is the same editor, then that means that is one mountain it has to climb.

Last edited: