Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 489 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #30 (2024)
Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 54p; New Series by Usui Shouichi)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
ONE PIECE
Yokai Buster Murakami (Color Page; 23p; 2nd Chapter)
Akane-banashi
Mission: Yozakura Family
Blue Box (Color Page)
WITCH WATCH
Me & Roboco
Kagurabachi (Color Page)
Astro Royale
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Psych House
Nue's Exorcist
The Elusive Samurai
Undead Unluck
Kill Blue
Kyokuto Necromance

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #31 (Information)
Cover & Lead Color Pages: The Elusive Samurai (TV Anime Starts)
Cp: Undead Unluck; Super Psychic Policeman Chojo; Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi (2nd Chapter)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
JJK very low this week, only 5 votes.

JBC008

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
JJK very low this week, only 5 votes
Maybe it’s because this fight has dragged for to long. That and the text during the fight is starting to take away the enjoyment of the fight saying what is happening than just experiencing it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

By the way let me know what you think of the review. I’ll make it up with the top 3 spreads.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Kill Blue: TMS. I know we bullied them on the topic of Sakamoto Days, but for Kill Blue, they happen to have a lot of experience on the topic of 'grown up genius reverted to a child'. Kill Blue has legs to stand on without sakuga, so their more restrained approach will not be harmful to it.
Very clever Dongus, I see what you are doing.

I totally can see Nue diong the neck thing but to be honest i'm not that into Shaft visuals, at least with series like Nue, i didn't liked their visual take on Nisekoi either.
Even after the end of Nisekoi, you still are not a fan after SHAFT huh? :cheez

Boruto Part 1 stopped in the end of vol 17 (of 20), so it has 3 volumes left to adapt in the first manga, anime Part 2 is already announced since the last episode and before Two Blue Vortex started, and also the anime have always been it's own version of the story so there's a big amount of content they can produce before touching TBV, but once Bleach TYBW ends, Boruto will be the focus since it's their most lucrative anime franchise.

Black Clover already have it's return "leaked" by big leakers, it was before the whole Pierrot BTS thing so we don't know if anything changed but is supposed greenlighted already.
And thank you for the heads up. Helps me know what is currently happening with these properties.

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (May 18)
57. Kagurabachi #2
130. Akane-banashi #11
193. Undead Unluck #21
276. Nue's Exorcist #4

Backlog:
124. Kagurabachi #1

Last edited:

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Okay, so after going back, thinking about the spreads, here are my top 3 (with a few honorable mentions).

-3. Green Green Greens (I wanted to win): Even though it is going to be cancelled this is a great spread to show how much Oga wanted to win along with Haku keeping his composure. Great stuff, just wish it wasn’t rushed, and that this series had a chance.

-2. Psych House (Big Nemuru): What worked with this spread was the simplicity and how it effectively came across to make its point. Another spread will be put here in the honorable mentions, but this gets my placement for the impact.

-1. Undead Unluck (Santuoka): It was a well deserved climax to end on a happier note after what we had experienced for about 2-3 months. Everyone deserves to be happy. This is similar to Ulquiora’s death in Bleach albeit that one is sad where even though it is sad here, there is also some happiness that makes it feel that there is humanity when the monster is trying to destroy it.

Honorable Mentions: One Piece (Mother Flame), My Hero Academia (Do Your Best Izuku), Jujutsu Kaisen (Thank You), Mission: Yozakura Family (Subdue Asa), Undead Unluck (Fire & Agujero de Gusano), Sakamoto Days (Takamura vs Gaku), Nue’s Exorcist (Come at me Harder), Kagurabachi (Chihiro Breaks Through the Wall of Trees), Psych House (The Psych House).

Note that I was going to give one of those 3 spots to MHA, but I couldn’t because I felt the others were much stronger in my subjective opinion.

Hey everyone, I already gave my review but if anyone was curious on the 3 new titles, I did give them on the day it came out so here is my quote on all 3 of them so it can feel up to date and complete for the review. Also it is something to think about with these 3 going forward once the new issue comes out in a few hours.

Hey everyone, I already gave my review but if anyone was curious on the 3 new titles, I did give them on the day it came out so here is my quote on all 3 of them so it can feel up to date and complete for the review. Also it is something to think about with these 3 going forward once the new issue comes out in a few hours.
Okay, so given that we have our 3 new series, I am going to give my review on all 3 of them for this weeks chapters. But the one thing I won’t do is give my pecking order of what I like yet. It is still to new and I want Psych House to have more time to grow with 2 more chapters. So here are my thoughts on the new series today.

-Astro Royale: I do think it is having a good setup for the arc. But one constant complaint I had is this need to always show the names of these characters. It always feels like we need to constantly be reminded on who these characters are and it is t taking the time for us to register them more. Was this always like this in Wakui’s previous works to hammer the names of these characters? One of the things that threw me off was the fact that one of the brothers knows about this gang group that just started and that we could have gotten it from the town’s civilians. But then again, it could have been Terasu who knew as he is like the Tom from the Corleone family in The Godfather. As for what else happened, to me, I think this series is struggling with its tone in both having some light hearted comedy by being in the serious tone of the series. I say that due to how I am seeing Hibaru making his way through the club. But the one thing I am curious is going to be the fight with Kou. Although one of my concerns is that we might be jumping into things way too quick.

-Kyokuto Necromance: The chapter itself feels slow and awkward. But yet at the same time, it does make sense with what is happening. I think this is more of a small build introductory chapter that follows the 3 chapter structure as we are now getting familiar with the organization and setting up the first arc after the intro. But this is interesting for Kaoru as he is learning about his father he never knew about along with some mystery with Yoji. Another aspect that I am starting to see is why Naba is structuring his paneling despite being flat. One thing that told me that Naba is thinking was when we go directly to the empty cassette tape to the toy block as I can see a disolve (sorry film terminology) as a transition. I am curious about the next chapter with the Level C. But the one thing I am most concerned is if it makes the same mistakes as what Doron Dororon when we face the monster that took the parents loved one. We have seen it done before in other series, but for its effectiveness, that is depending on how well they execute it. But with that talk about a possible revenge plot if we learn more, then that could give me more incentive to see the story push forward.

-Psych House: For a new series that I thought had no hope for. I was genuinely and utterly surprised. How touching and endearing it was to learn about these characters. I really do like Kotone, and learning about her predicament. And Nemuru has this heart of gold that makes it hard not to like him. But one thing that could have improved was how Kotone had shown her ability than just showing it to her friends, cause then it wouldn’t have been predictable. But what made up for it is understanding the dilemma she is in being somewhat homeless without a guardian, dealing with massive debt, her mother, and hunger. I hope chapter 2 is just as good as chapter 1 cause this could act as RuriDragon’s replacement in the magazine due to that series current situation not being in the main magazine. This recruitment of Psych people feels like a more SoL version of X-Men due to learning about people with these powers. And I really do think there is potential if it goes on the right path.

And that does it with these new series. So far not to bad, but some are weaker than others. But would I have taken them over MamaYuyu, Two on Ice, and Shadow Eliminators, yes, yes I would have. Though I really wouldn’t have gone for Astro Royale to be perfectly honest. And with that I will come back once I finish reading the rest of the chapters for the review.

KrenKren

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
```
57 9784088838809 Kagurabachi 2 集英社 外薗健 2024.05.02
130 9784088840239 Akanebanashi 11 集英社 馬上鷹将 2024.05.02
193 9784088840208 Undead Unluck 21 集英社 戸塚慶文 2024.05.02
276 9784088840253 Nue's Exorcist 4 集英社 川江康太 2024.05.02

```
161 9784088838199 Kagurabachi 1 集英社 外薗健 2024.02.02
Curious about Akane, It's tracking quite a bit less than usual, isn't it?
Also KGB backlog ranked 124, not 161. Makes me wonder when stock issues are going to kick in. At this point, it feels inevitable.

Last edited:

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Curious about Akane, It's tracking quite a bit less than usual, isn't it?
Way way less, so far is doing worse than Volume 4 and just a bit better than Volume 2:
Akane-banashi #2 (11 days): 32,762
Akane-banashi #4 (10 days): 37,651
Akane-banashi #11 (11 days): 36,560

So yh, this can be Akane-banashi's 1st volume under the 50k mark since Volume 2

Last edited:

KrenKren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Reprints for KGB volume 1 & 2 scheduled for early June

defensor_de_boruto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
should I wait 3 chapters to say I'm officially a huge fan of Cycle Biyori? This manga is awesome :worship :inu :inu

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
If there’s one thing I gotta say about Miura Kouji, it’s that she has impeccable timing for drama.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Another week where My Hero Academia single-handely carries Shonen Jump. Now I wonder how many chapters will the epilogue last

Also, Kagurabachi has had some interesting panelling this week

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Astro was pretty boring this week. Though I like Psyche house I'm starting to be skeptical if any of this batch have a future.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
If there’s one thing I gotta say about Miura Kouji, it’s that she has impeccable timing for drama.
I am not reading BB but the art is really off. Has it been like that for a long time?

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not reading BB but the art is really off. Has it been like that for a long time?
I guess, I've gotten used to the look at this point though, can't really pinpoint when it shifted.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I think it is off when I see Kyo’s siblings. But other than that, I think it looks good, and hardly anything has changed for me.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Reprints for KGB volume 1 & 2 scheduled for early June
At this rate, I would guess the next circulation update would be 300000-350000. Solid performance, in line with current shonen jump manga historically.

Akane was at 300000 with volumes 1-3.
Blue Box was 350000 before vol 4 (800,000 with volume 4).

Kiaida

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I'll miss Horikoshi, these last chapters are giving me the same feeling of reading the first chapter when it released.

defensor_de_boruto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dear anemone last page again!!!! It doesn't feels is getting cancelled at all, what's going on

Another week where My Hero Academia single-handely carries Shonen Jump. Now I wonder how many chapters will the epilogue last

Also, Kagurabachi has had some interesting panelling this week

i didn't like this week's MHA chapter, AFO is not a good villain and the chance he had to become one he just lost in 3 chapters without doing anything lmao

Broseph

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea I'm not as angry as some people clearly are but the Shigaraki conclusion felt like it was sped by so fast and pretty unsatisfyingly too. This is supposed to be the first chapter of the next (probably final) volume so I'm hoping there's more