Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021) | Page 120 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Here is a list of some manga from Weekly Magazine and what chapters they were at when they got their anime announcements.

Go-Toubun no Hanayome 49
Koe no Katachi 63
Nanatsu no Taizai 74
Fuuka 119
Days 134
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 137
Code Breaker: 140
Fairy Tail 141
Enen no Shouboutai - 151 - NEW -
Domestic na Kanojo 194
Kimi no Iru Machi 220
Baby Steps 292
Diamond no Ace 332
Ahiru no Sora 572

One of these will probably be next in line for an anime, but who knows which one and how long it will take.
Kanojo, okarishimasu
Toukyou卍Revengers
To You, The Immortal
Senryuu Shoujo

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is a list of some manga from Weekly Magazine and what chapters they were at when they got their anime announcements.

Go-Toubun no Hanayome 49
Koe no Katachi 63
Nanatsu no Taizai 74
Fuuka 119
Days 134
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo 137
Code Breaker: 140
Fairy Tail 141
Enen no Shouboutai - 151 - NEW -
Domestic na Kanojo 194
Kimi no Iru Machi 220
Baby Steps 292
Diamond no Ace 332
Ahiru no Sora 572

One of these will probably be next in line for an anime, but who knows which one and how long it will take.
Kanojo, okarishimasu
Toukyou卍Revengers
To You, The Immortal
Senryuu Shoujo
Gotoubun taking a very deserving lead! As for the ones you mentioned for next in line, I'd probably say that's a pretty accurate order you have them in. I'd say Fumetsu is inevitable to get something, whether it's a series or a movie. Kanojo Okarishimasu is also selling really well, so I could imagine them giving another adaptation to their strengthening romcom lineup. Maybe add Eden's Zero to that list if they really want to try to give it an early boost to appeal to the Fairy Tail fans

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Gotoubun taking a very deserving lead! As for the ones you mentioned for next in line, I'd probably say that's a pretty accurate order you have them in. I'd say Fumetsu is inevitable to get something, whether it's a series or a movie. Kanojo Okarishimasu is also selling really well, so I could imagine them giving another adaptation to their strengthening romcom lineup. Maybe add Eden's Zero to that list if they really want to try to give it an early boost to appeal to the Fairy Tail fans
Yeah, I thought about Eden's Zero after I made the post. To be honest, they could pump out a quick adaptation for it like they did for Nanatsu no Taizai and Gotoubun, but they could wait and make it a long runner like Fairy Tail, but it's still too early right now. The same could be said for Orient, but I think EZ is their biggest priority. While those are cooking up, they'll surely announce some things here and there at their usual pace. They have a lot to work with, that's for sure.

Edit: I think they more or less confirmed To Your Etternity has some projects in the works and it surely included some type of an anime.

Last edited:

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I thought about Eden's Zero after I made the post. To be honest, they could pump out a quick adaptation for it like they did for Nanatsu no Taizai and Gotoubun, but they could wait and make it a long runner like Fairy Tail, but it's still too early right now. The same could be said for Orient, but I think EZ is their biggest priority. While those are cooking up, they'll surely announce some things here and there at their usual pace. They have a lot to work with, that's for sure.

Edit: I think they more or less confirmed To Your Etternity has some projects in the work and it surely included some type of an anime.
Yeah, I remember a post on here mentioning that Fumetsu had something basically guaranteed. I imagine after the success of the author's previous series and how well this one is being received pretty much wrote itself a free ticket to animation. It could easily become a hit new sci-fi drama/tragedy

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Yeah, I remember a post on here mentioning that Fumetsu had something basically guaranteed. I imagine after the success of the author's previous series and how well this one is being received pretty much wrote itself a free ticket to animation. It could easily become a hit new sci-fi drama/tragedy
The manga isn't doing bad in sales either, that helps.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
The manga isn't doing bad in sales either, that helps.
Definitely helps. If anything, that's all that maters in the end. A previous success just gives the editors the feeling to be a bit more patient with veterans of successful works. But even still, that's no guarantee as Hungry Marie & Robot x Laserbeam in WSJ and Weekly Hachi in WSC have shown

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's obvioulsy a anime, the announcement will be made in a event for the series with the staff and cast, but seriously, Shonen Magazine is doing a impressive job this year with all the anime announcements, i just wonder when Shonen Sunday will wake up and to the same...

ChocoBar9

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean just because you announce an anime doesn't mean its going to make big waves. Remember how many people cared about Fuuka?

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
A pretty strong showcase for the first day of release for WSM's volumes on November 16.
Shoseki rankings for November 16:
1. Nanatsu no Taizai volume 34
2. Daiya no Ace - Act II volume 14
3. Days volume 30
4. Ahiru no Sora volume 50
6. Bakemonogatari volume 3
9. Eden's Zero volume 2
10. Hajime no Ippo volume 123
13. Kanojo, Okarishimasu volume 7
14. Tokyo卍Revengers volume 9
15. Enen no Shouboutai volume 15
17. Danshi Koukousei wo Yashinaitai Onee-san no Hanashi volume 2
41. Blue Lock volume 1

The only one with an uncertain future here is Blue Lock. This isn't a bad start, but it'll largely depend on how quickly it falls in the next few days to determine if it'll have what it takes to survive this highly competitive time in the magazine.

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think if Blue Lock can stay around in that position for the week, itshoukd remain in the magazine. And then see if there is any growth with volume two or three before cutting it. WSM and Shounen need more spokon

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think if Blue Lock can stay around in that position for the week, itshoukd remain in the magazine. And then see if there is any growth with volume two or three before cutting it. WSM and Shounen need more spokon
If it doesn't immediately plummet after day 1 and volume 2 improves, then it may have a chance. Sensei Sukidesu I think was actually a tiny bit higher on its first premiere date, but it slipped a bit too quick and didn't show enough growth to survive the cut-throat battle in the WSM romcom division. I'll have to keep an eye open the next few days to see what happens. Lucky for it, it at least has Yoru to fall back on as ax-cushioning for now and 2 series are still quite new, so it may have a bit of time before a new serialization could threaten it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Looks like for the week, Blue Rock came in at #120 on the Shoseki rankings. It was only for 3 days worth of sales data, but now I'd say its future relies incredibly heavily on its second volume's performance. I think that was better than Yoru, but that's lower than everything else
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Did the TOC for Issue 50 get posted somewhere and I just missed it, or is this a double issue?

ruggia

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Status
Not open for further replies.