- Joined
- Oct 15, 2006
- Messages
- 3,233
- Reaction score
- 1,618
- Age
- 36
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
i wonder how long it took psyren and sket dance to reach 1 million in circulation
He does Zetman in Weekly Young Jump now. Ongoing since 2002.Ah, I guess one romance series is enough for Jump's editors. >.>
What happened to Katsura btw? I've read I''s but never saw another Jump series by her after it.
Oh seriously, he is the one that does Zetman? O_oHe does Zetman in Weekly Young Jump now. Ongoing since 2002.

Katsura is actually one of the longer established mangaka. He debuted in the early 80ies. Video Girl Ai and Wingman are his early works, followed by DNA² (my personal favorite of his works <3) and I"s among other series. The Zetman he's doing now is a spin-off of his own older work (Zetman 1994), so it's not really a sudden change.Oh seriously, he is the one that does Zetman? O_o
That is a big change from doing a romance series in WSJ.![]()

I see what your saying! And yeah, Katsura's always loved fanservice. I"S puts ToRa to shame in that area. Though, I"S had a plot to go along with the nudityThat's true. What I meant was more that the root lies several years back already. Adding that his manga generally have a more mature touch than generic shounen, I can't say that I'm surprised when he takes the opportunity to go all out in a seinen magazine. His earlier works often give me the vibe that he's too limited to the young audience for what he actually wants to do.
I haven't read any of his earlier works but it doesn't surprise that his earlier works would push the boundaries as well. He and Inoue, for very different reasons, really have benefited from moving on to seinen. I should mention I'm a bigger Inoue fan.
Bleach (CP)ブリーチ(巻頭)
ナルト
ワンピ
トリコ(表紙)
リボーン
べるぜ(センター)
黒子
バクマン
サイレン(センター)
スケット
銀魂
いぬまる
アイシル
ネウロ
こち亀
ぬらり
Dグレ
フープ
ぼっけ
とらぶる
ジャガー