Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
can anyone tell me on which shonen jump appears naruto 230? is it WSJ 2009 6&7?
If you mean 430, then yes, I think it's 6&7 2009.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I loved Madhouse's treatment of Death Note until the second arc. I didn't like how they cut out the first assault on Mellow's fortress and how they changed the ending. The anime ending was god awful. I also didn't like the added homosexual undertones...
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I kinda liked some Madhouse series. Never watched an anime I liked better than such things as DN and Claymore, although that doesn't say much.

Whatever happens, I hope they keep all future Jump series out of the hands of whoever did DGM. Granted, the second season actually stuck to the manga plot, but the first was so horribly butchered and packed with filler (episode fourteen, god!) that I'd pity the next series that got those producers.

At least Madhouse did a damn good job with Claymore - and Death Note, to a point. Sure, the endings were changed, but the rest of the series were pretty accurate, and actually entertaining. I've grown to be unable to stand anime and I can still watch the series I know by them.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Claymore was an atrocity of an anime. Madhouse's single good anime was Beck as far as i can remember, and that was animated like a pile of arse mosta the time.

anyway, looking at shaft's back catalogue..... I stand by sunrise as the ideal company to do a Sket anime.

on a more WSJ note............ Psyren # 4 cover = meh
Eyeshield 21 # 33 = kinda inbetween
Shaman King Kangzengbang 21 = FUCKING AMAZING
Shaman King KangZengBang 22 = meh
Love Trouble 12 = alright
Sket Dance #06 = BEST SKET COVER YET
Mago #3 = Best Mago cover yet
Luck Stealer #3 = okay


In fact let me reiterate that:

THIS

That is the best reason for a Sket anime, that tiny arc of absolute wonder, that achieved being awesome despite being less gag based than it's usual tone....

and it's pretty
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Dang, that's a great Sket cover.

On the other hand, I actually like the To-Love cover (then again I think Saki is probably one of the most underrated girls in the series and one of the cutest) and think ES21's is meh (Don't really like Taka and really don't want to ressurect the Teikoku game in my head for the moment) and both Shaman King aren't too bad. (I think with the first Jeanne being "maid form", we sort of needed one of the "Iron Maiden"...I guess)
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I'm also loving that cover. Makes me think what Sket would be like if it were a music series. The rock festival arc is a favourite of mine.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I foresee a future for Shinohara Kenta in a music shonen :D ah but that's just wonderful dreaming
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Oh, I totally overlooked this cover. How sweet.
It brings Sket back to my reading list, I guess. Just for the sake of this pretty scene <3

@DeidaraGrimmjow
Noodles did a really bad bad thing and hotlinked the images from Shueisha's website (where it got announced, I assume). Obviously he will upload it on a image-freehost soon and replace the image source, ne? >.>
 
Last edited:

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
I wish there was a bigger version anywhere!

By the way, how many chapters are normally needed for a (successful) Jump series to get into an anime? I mean, if it's really popular (like Toriko or Bakuman lately).
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I wish there was a bigger version anywhere!

By the way, how many chapters are normally needed for a (successful) Jump series to get into an anime? I mean, if it's really popular (like Toriko or Bakuman lately).
The rule of thumb is usually 2 years worth of manga has to go by before an anime is announced...though sometimes it can be more or less.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would say that Toriko is definitely going to get a Jump Festa ova next year.
 

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would say that Toriko is definitely going to get a Jump Festa ova next year.
Can't really be said actually: until the Jump Anime Tour (for the 40th), there haven't been any Festa OVAs the last few years. (the last one I remember was around the point Gintama got one three years ago). The only new series this last time was Tegami Bachi...but somehow, if they do come back with Festa OVAs, Toriko is a good choice for it. (though somehow Mago may actually be more ready for an anime by December '09 if it's still going and the anime is to start April '10...I actually wouldn't know if Toriko's would start in April or October)

As it really stands, all I really want is for Sket to thrive and survive until July and then see what Jump & Shueisha says.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
It would make a lot of sense for Mago and Psyren to get anime in the spring of 2010 while Toriko would gets one for the fall of the same year. Assuming all three last that long. Less then two years and you end up with to much filler to soon.
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
I'm still waiting for the next big thing...
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
it's come, it was toriko. and any of these three that just started could be a hit
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Nah unfortunately Toriko isn't my cup of tea.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
so wait it's not the next big thing unless you like it? or do you just mean you're waiting for the next big thing that caters to your needs :P
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I don't know if it'll become Naruto/OP/Bleach big, but it'll probably become ES21 big.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top