Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh geez, Inumaru and Bleach being that high? Dear God I hope that is a fake. D:

Also I like what I see so far from that page.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
*feels the need to point out you can't really have a problem with inumaru dashi when raws aren't around for it and only one chapter is scanlated*
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I think for Bleach to be at 2nd place is due to
the 3rd espada release+vs hitsugaya.
Hitman Reborn suddenly dropped down at 9,kind of strange, probably because I'm new to this thing. D Gray Man at bottom 5,makes me sad.:(
Nope, the rankings always reflects that of 8 weeks ago (the only exception being new series and/or series coming back from hiatus)... not the previous issue.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
*ugh* Fanservice is so stupid. If you want boobs, go look at some damn porn.

Suikoden looks interesting though. I can already tell Medaka box is going to be a crapfest though. It's just going to be a less classy version of Sket Dance.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
*feels the need to point out you can't really have a problem with inumaru dashi when raws aren't around for it and only one chapter is scanlated*

I know you weren't talking to me, but I know for a fact that a gag manga about a weird looking baby running around without any pants would not appeal to me no matter what else I might find. Maybe Boss feels the same?
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
*ugh* Fanservice is so stupid. If you want boobs, go look at some damn porn.
or.... have a girlfriend? (transvestites/sexuals are fine too in this example)

anyway, i don't think people can purely talk down on a series because they have an issue with the concept. inumaru dashi has some unique and brilliant gags in the first 18 chapters (i need more), and i was probably amongst the first bashing it, especially as the author had previous notoriety against him.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well in all honesty, it's not really the concept so much as it is my bias against gag (unless it's Bobobo). Maybe I'll get over it someday...
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
It's not about fangirling over boobs, but it is there, I don't see a reason to complain, it is a bonus, if I really liked boobs so much I would watch/read ****** stuff.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
If I really like boobs I would be watching REAL porn, not ******.

'the hell is wrong with you?
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
LOL I was talking about liking manga/anime boobs.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Why must the boobs be huge!? Average or a little above average sized boobs are the best!

Otaku are weird. It's either huge boobs or lolis...
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Obviously the bigger boobs act as a fanservice to initially attract a larger audience, which is important for new series. :o
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Which I find odd, since the author is going to supposedly dish out great writing. I mean, more times than usual, an abundance of fanservice might be used to compensate for a missing factor in a series, can it be possible that we get both? Nvm, I just remembered a couple of series. I can't wait for Medeka Box.
 
Last edited:

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Would it be possible to get the full page of announcements?
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't mind the boobage. If that is all the series has going for it THEN it is a problem. But if it manages to have great characters along with great plot alongside the boobs that is great.

*feels the need to point out you can't really have a problem with inumaru dashi when raws aren't around for it and only one chapter is scanlated*
I'm just horribly biased against children without pants. Gash Bell being the exception. :P

I know you weren't talking to me, but I know for a fact that a gag manga about a weird looking baby running around without any pants would not appeal to me no matter what else I might find. Maybe Boss feels the same?
*Feels the same*

anyway, i don't think people can purely talk down on a series because they have an issue with the concept. inumaru dashi has some unique and brilliant gags in the first 18 chapters (i need more), and i was probably amongst the first bashing it, especially as the author had previous notoriety against him.
*Once again notes I'm horribly biased*

Then again, Bobobo and Sket managed to keep me interested despite being gag heavy so who knows. *shrugs*
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,234
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
How can people complain so fervently about big boobs when the series isn't even out and we only have a raw of the oneshot to go by? :rofl

Naruto/Bleach/OP all have it's fair share of huge ridiculous breasts but I don't hear that as being the main complaint when people criticize them... :eyeroll

I try to reserve judgment on new series unless I give it a shot.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
we're all fanboys and girls here, not to mention wonderful elitists (in our own individual ways). we NEED to find something to debate or moan about
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Could it be that it's not the author wanting to do fanservice... but rather the author likes big boobs? :p

I mean you have to enjoy your own work by drawing something you like... ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top