Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

You're a sneaky one, Bomberman. Do I need to hide my wallet?
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Psyren did really well that's cool. Hopefully it'll stay up though.

Naruto's ranking makes sense it's the one where Naruto beats Pein though it's probablly going to take a hit the next few chapters.

With ES 21 ending I may consider getting back into it. I read all the way up until the end of the Christmas bowl.
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

You're a sneaky one, Bomberman. Do I need to hide my wallet?
Oh no need. I've already got that. :) Besides You know you meant to put Gintama there. I just helped you fix your mistake.


(Six hundred and first post for the win!)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Oh no need. I've already got that. :) Besides You know you meant to put Gintama there. I just helped you fix your mistake.


(Six hundred and first post for the win!)
I do feel honored that you fixed my over site with post 600 ^^
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I moved all the posts regarding the demographic discussion into the Otaku Hangout, starting with VASSiLi's comment on Death Note being more seinen than shounen.
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Oh, they puzzle. How cute :amuse And Naruto is there too.

Thank you, Heiji ^^
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Finally... it's updated = ="
Hikaru no Go Complete Edition 9:
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

*cough* Nobody mentioned that Toriko is in the bottom five....and Psyren is number six! Weird ass TOC.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

*cough* Nobody mentioned that Toriko is in the bottom five....and Psyren is number six! Weird ass TOC.
A number of people have actually, but it isn't too worrying. This toc is really awkward, probably offplaced by Reborn's cover and a number of unranked series being on the top.
 
Last edited:

nassass

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
108
Reaction score
18
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Hungary
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think Beelzebub is the reson of the crazy ToC. It also attracts fans from Toriko and Gintama.
But probably the stability return soon. If the first impact gone away.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I'm not too worried about Toriko. This could simply be an outlier.
Unless Toriko's 8 week average falls under 10, I won't be worried at all.
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

*cough* Nobody mentioned that Toriko is in the bottom five....and Psyren is number six! Weird ass TOC.
Sket Dance, Eyeshield 21, Mago, To Love Ru, and Hoop Men are the bottom five unless you aren't counting To Love Ru or something.

Psyren's spot isn't surprising considering the content of that chapter.
 

unok-kun

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
769
Reaction score
434
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

From what issue are the votes for this ToC? I mean, I'm not really sure how to take the rankings if I don't know what chapter they are for...
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

It's usually from 8 issues ago.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

From what issue are the votes for this ToC? I mean, I'm not really sure how to take the rankings if I don't know what chapter they are for...
always go 8 chapters back: so chapter 66 of psyren should be rated now (starting the count from this week's chapter: 73 (included in the count) -> 66)


[Cross];1384630 said:
It's usually from 8 issues ago.
Do double issues count for one or two then? since there's only one chap in a double one
 
Last edited:

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Can't wait for Bleach Chapter 354 to be rated and the most recent Naruto Chapter.
 

[Cross]

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
717
Reaction score
320
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

always go 8 chapters back: so chapter 66 of psyren should be rated now (starting the count from this week's chapter: 73 (included in the count) -> 66)
<hr noshade size="1">


Do double issues count for one or two then? since there's only one chap in a double one
For some reason which is now beyond me, I was avoiding saying 8 chapters and said 8 issues. 8 chapters seems more precise, as it doesn't deal with the double issue situation.
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The current arc in Toriko is kind of boring..
 

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think the current arc is good, it is just over saturated with GT Robos. They aren't exactly the most interesting of enemies and since they are all the same there isn't any diversity.

Good thing the last one is about to go down it seems so this arc may conclude shortly after.

Hopefully the next one sheds some light on Zebra.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top