Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangerAtaru

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
294
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

should i feel ashamed that i haven't read ANY of the new series this time around?
I haven't read one new Jump series since Chagecha. Personally rather just wait and see before starting literally anything anymore.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

should i feel ashamed that i haven't read ANY of the new series this time around?
Ane Doki is good if your a Kawashita fan. Not as memorable as Hatsukoi, still fun. Medaka is solid, not great, just well written enough to be entertaining. Other then that nothing good since Beelzebub.
 

cleodux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ahh i only stalk OP, Gintama and Akaboshi everyweek. I wonder if Medaka is good? nee is anyone can tell me if Medaka as funny as Yankee kun to Megane chan? (from Magazine) i tried to read Sket Dance but never manage to pass 1 chapter. Mago only 3 or 4 chapters >.< i am thinking to read Toriko when it has more chapters though.

So umm sorry about the off topic.
Ha ha... kinda like Kuroro and Akaboshi are racing together toward their own doom days. I wonder who is the first one to get axed or they got axed together?
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ahh i only stalk OP, Gintama and Akaboshi everyweek. I wonder if Medaka is good? nee is anyone can tell me if Medaka as funny as Yankee kun to Megane chan? (from Magazine) i tried to read Sket Dance but never manage to pass 1 chapter. Mago only 3 or 4 chapters >.< i am thinking to read Toriko when it has more chapters though.

So umm sorry about the off topic.
Ha ha... kinda like Kuroro and Akaboshi are racing together toward their own doom days. I wonder who is the first one to get axed or they got axed together?
Kuroko is still being pimped by jump as it is the only sport manga in jump. Akaboshi is doomed. Too bad you gave up on mago, you don't know what you're missing. The first chapters are kind of bland, but beginning with the Gyuuki arc, that's when the fun begin
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ahh i only stalk OP, Gintama and Akaboshi everyweek. I wonder if Medaka is good? nee is anyone can tell me if Medaka as funny as Yankee kun to Megane chan? (from Magazine) i tried to read Sket Dance but never manage to pass 1 chapter. Mago only 3 or 4 chapters >.< i am thinking to read Toriko when it has more chapters though.

So umm sorry about the off topic.
Ha ha... kinda like Kuroro and Akaboshi are racing together toward their own doom days. I wonder who is the first one to get axed or they got axed together?
The first few chapters of Sket are a little boring. It gets a lot better. Medaka is nowhere near as good as Yankee - kun. It has it's own charms though.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Anyone have any idea as to what is going to be cancelled with Akaboshi? Seems the only option is to go with one of the new ones.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Until Kagijin and Ane Doki are ranked I couldn't even guess.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I assume at least one of them will bomb. Or if not bomb, at least do badly enough for Jump to have an excuse. Speaking of which, new series should be right around the corner. I bet Muddy's author will return but I wonder who else?
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I think Akaboshi going to bomb at this rate, unless something miracle going to happen. And I think Medaka is safe from next cuts.

In change of subject, Sket Dance is getting colour for 100th chapter anniversary. Does anyone knows how many colours Sket Dance had, including this one?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

@Deidara

I'm thinking one new series will be for a rookie mangaka. As for a returning mangaka, ITA Aimoto Shou would be a good bet. Kano has been busy lately (Loop was amazing IMO), Aso Shuichi (Yusha Gaku) is a name I expect to hear again very soon. He has a hit in him, mark my words. Finally Ichiro Takahashi (Volleyball Tsukai) had a great one shot last year, Obake Life, maybe it's time for him to return. I guess that's more who I would want to see, obviously it could be a mangaka I could care less about, like the guy who did Zan, or some other failed 2006/2007 series. For some reason I feel like Jump will save Komi Naoshi for December.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Really? I was not expecting Komi until 2010. Hope you are right though. I believe that he has top 5 potential, even though I never really got into Double Arts.

edit: Looked up those other series you mentioned. I also think those authors will return some time in the future.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Really? I was not expecting Komi until 2010. Hope you are right though. I believe that he has top 5 potential, even though I never really got into Double Arts.
Issue 1 comes out the first week of December, technically it is 2010 :p

Komi making his come back later in 2010 is reasonable. No later then March, of course that's as much wishful thinking as actual knowledge.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I assume he would serialize Apple or Personant?
 

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Anyone have any idea as to what is going to be cancelled with Akaboshi? Seems the only option is to go with one of the new ones.
The only other one that makes sense at this point would be Medaka Box. It's been frequenting the bottom 5 without being pimped (like Kuroko is getting next issue it seems). One of the new series could get canceled (Ane Dokii or Kagijin), but unless they really bomb I find that hard to believe. I predict it will be either Akaboshi and Medaka Box, or Akaboshi and Kagijin if Kagijin bombs (really don't see Ane Dokii bombing). Then I think HxH will return along with 1 or 2 new mangas.
 

DeidaraGrimmjow

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
792
Reaction score
101
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The only problem with that theory is that Medaka Box and Akaboshi came in together. I don't know of any other instances where two or more series that came in together left at the same time.
 

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

The only problem with that theory is that Medaka Box and Akaboshi came in together. I don't know of any other instances where two or more series that came in together left at the same time.
Over Time start: Issue 33 of 2006
Zan start: Issue 34 of 2006
Both end in Issue 52 of 2006

M&Y start: Issue 2 of 2007
Junbor start: Issue 3 of 2007
M&Y end: Issue 13 of 2007
Junbor end: Issue 14 of 2007

KOSen start: Issue 2 of 2008
Muddy start: Issue 3 of 2008
KOSen end: Issue 15 of 2008
Muddy end: Issue 16 of 2008

It may not happen very often, but it has happened in the past.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

I assume he would serialize Apple or Personant?
Not necessarily. His pre - Double Arts one shots were really big but he still went with an original story. He may do the same when he comes back. Hard to say at this point.

I think Medaka will get protection from another series, either Kuroko or Kagijin, or both.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Ichiro Takahashi and Komi Naoshi are the two mangaka who I really think could help WSJ achieve some sort of perfection.

Though with both cases I can't see them coming in with any of their one-shots (okay maybe takahashi)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Can someone upload 2009 Golden Future Cup one shots? I really want to see them.

Also, I'm surprised that Crown! (Golden Future Cup Entry #2) is a sport genre. I thought that it would be fantasy/battle manga, like D.Gray-man.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.2

Komi Naoshi really deserves to have a relatively long running series. In spite of all the rankings and sales. Just for the fun of it.
Damn consumer society.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top