Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Thanks Siberia!

All covers, issue 36, 37 - 38 excepted, have now been posted.
 

M-Hario

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
112
Reaction score
615
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

#37-38 HQ Cover scanned by [Ju-Ni]Vicissitude



Moderator Notice:
Added!! Thanks!~ Kaiten.Sama
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

this is the only one I can find... see if u still need a MQ cover
 
Last edited:

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

#39 (24/08) :
Baku-man (Lead CP)
Jaguar (CP)
Neda Hirofumi / Yonaoshi Densetsu!! Yona Oshirô (CP)

Kuroko
Medaka Box
Waji Mania
Akaboshi
ToLove

#40 (31/08) :
Beelzebub (Lead CP)
Inumaru (CP)
Mizuno Teruaki / Metalica Metalica (CP)
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Medaka has increased one spot, but I think it is still in pretty danger for next possible cancelation along with Akaboshi. If Medaka gets a colour, then I'm going to be little bit confidence. Wajimania is also in bottom 5, but is it ranked? I think Wajimania is not ranked, so I think series above Kuroko also be in bottom 5.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Back to the bottom for Kuroko :D

It is to soon for Waji to be ranked. There were two chapters last week, I guess there will be this week too, with the second part being in the bottom 5.

@Siberia

the issue 36 cover will work for now, if you or someone else can find an HQ pic I'll replace it.

muwlove said:
Medaka has increased one spot, but I think it is still in pretty danger for next possible cancelation along with Akaboshi.
What difference does moving up or down one spot in the bottom five make? Third from bottom or fourth from bottom is a pretty meaningless distinction for a new series.

Beelze color in issue 40!!
 
Last edited:

Rejuvenation

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
952
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

If Wajimania started tanking before its 8 weeks were up I wouldn't be able to resist laughing.

Nice to see Kuroko back where it belongs. Hopefully they don't throw anymore color pages at it so it can die. -____-

I'm interested to see if Medaka may rise or not when that swim meet arc starts.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I think Kuroko not going to be cancelled, and so far I think Medaka going to be cut this round of cancellation, unless it escapes from bottom 5.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Medaka, sadly, could protect Kuroko until November cuts. Unless another sports series is ready to go. The older teen, college age audience Medaka could potentially attract is far more valuable then sports fans. If Medaka is polling well with the older demographic but getting no votes from the 11 - 15 core the editors may end Kuroko first. A long shot, I know, but something that should be mentioned.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I still think that new series started too early. Ane Dokii started when Akaboshi got its first official ranking. I think the editors should have started Ane Dokii at ten weeks after the release of Akaboshi.

Now, I'm just hoping there only be just one new series on next round. I don't mind cancelling Akaboshi, because everyone knows that it'll going to be cancelled in matter of time, but I'm not going to be happy if they axe MedakaBox, one of my favorite series and personally it is way better than To Love-Ru.

Lastly, Inumaru is getting a colur because, I think, its one year anniversary. And Wajimania is dropped to bottom 5 in three weeks. I thought that Wajimania going to take Inumaru's place, but by looking at this ranking, I'm thinking Wajimania might be cancel. I didn't read both of series, but is Inumaru better than Wajimania?
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Waji is already tanking...it better be glad it has so few pages or it would be going with Akaboshi. But since it so short its looking like Medaka may be the one who dies instead.

But Beelze color makes everything better :D
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

No DGM after Akamaru, then? =/ Aww.

Lot of gag series getting colour pages in the next few weeks, huh? I'm almost surprised one of the traditional top 3/5 isn't in there.
 

Siberia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
703
Reaction score
827
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

No DGM after Akamaru, then? =/ Aww.

Lot of gag series getting colour pages in the next few weeks, huh? I'm almost surprised one of the traditional top 3/5 isn't in there.
DGM isn't in the list becoz its still on hiatus or its not in bottom 5. So we will know whats going on by this week. (DGM rules the week!!)
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I wonder if Jaguar's still last even though it has a color page...

The rest makes sense. But I think Kuroko is doing well enough to stay out of being cancelled. It's sort of in the same range as Psyren.

Beelzebub's been doing generally good and staying in the middle range. But it'll depend how the story goes in the long run to determine a lot really, because right now it seems like it's just been lots of really short arcs with not much depth and mostly gags.

And I called Wajima's being canceled... that's not gonna last. If it's in the bottom 5 while it's not ranked it's going the way of Chagecha.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I wonder if Jaguar's still last even though it has a color page...
I think Jaguar got colour last year or 2007, and it was placed in last place. So, I think Jaguar going to stay on last on this time, too.
 

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Jaguar is gonna last as long as the author wants it, unless Jump suddenly decided they're not gonna serialized Jaguar anymore.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

No DGM after Akamaru, then? =/ Aww.

Lot of gag series getting colour pages in the next few weeks, huh? I'm almost surprised one of the traditional top 3/5 isn't in there.
Hopefully they'll have an announcement in Akamaru, I suspect DGM will return after the next cuts, anywhere from issue 42 - 45.
 

Negative Syndicate

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I just realized that Ane Dokii didn't get colour on chapter 8. I'm not sure whether this is bad news for Ane Dokii or not.

Also, if Hunter x Hunter return rumor is true and D.Gray-man will return on next round, I think there might be only one new series going to release. And the editors have to cancel at least two series to make room, Akaboshi is one, then what is other one will be?

Lastly, for person who upload Koneta on 2ch:

小ネタ
・39ドベ5 とら、赤星、わじま、めだか、黒子
・40巻頭べるぜ Cいぬ、金未来

鍵が微妙かも?
What is this suppose means? Is he just bluffing or Kagijin be end up like Medaka?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Koshi_Inaba

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
168
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

Oh well, Kagiijn sucks anyway so there's no problem. One empty spot for new series in Jump.
 

SSJWill4

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
132
Reaction score
38
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Weekly Shounen Jump [2009] - Discussion & TOC Talk v.3

I think Jaguar got colour last year or 2007, and it was placed in last place. So, I think Jaguar going to stay on last on this time, too.
Last time Jaguar got color was last year, and it was placed in the middle of the magazine. It looks like that's the case this time too, since the bottom 5 was already posted without it...

I wonder if the double chapters of Waji Mania for 37/38 was to help it get enough chapters for cancellation. It looks like it's tanking hard. Does anyone know the minimum number of pages needed to release a tankoubon?

EDIT: After looking around I think 150 might be the magic number. Buso Renkin needed its 3rd ending chapter to push it over that mark, Chagecha got 197 pages, and Jaguar got 163.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top